996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Speeding Ticket help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 04:23 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Speeding Ticket help

I originally posted this in the Off Topic section, but it only got 29 views and not one answer, so I apologize for reposting. Does anyone know of a good traffic Lawyer in the Los Angeles area? I have a friend that just got a ticket for doing 110mph on the 405 in her new A4 and if she doesnt beat this ticket, she's gonna lose her license for 6 months. Thanks for any help.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:35 AM
davidTT is infamous around these parts
you got pm!

Old 08-12-2006, 04:54 AM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
CHeck your PM's.

Old 08-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
I had the same thing happen where I had a promise to Appear. Listen.... you have ot meet the prosecutor frst. Be straight up say you not a trouble maker and this is the ONE and ONLY time this could have happened. I was super lucky and they made me plead guilt to speeding at a decent mile per hour and I left with 350 dollars in fines which included court fees. Play it safe you won't need a lawyer. YOUR NOT ALONE!

-Suman

Old 08-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
How to beat a speeding ticket, I know this works in Tennessee and I am pretty sure it works in all states.

You will still have to pay a fine but no points will go on your license.

Lets say you get a traffic ticket in which the fine is $200.00 and you would accumulate 3 points on your license for said infraction.

First send in a check for $205.00 or some other small ammount over the fine.

The state that issued the ticket will have to send you a check back with the difference.

THIS IS KEY, DO NOT CASH THE CHECK. THROW IT AWAY.

As long as that check is never cashed then the state can not finalize all finacial transitions and cannot put points on your license untill these transactions are completed.

Hopefully this will help people in the future. This came from a retired State Farm agent.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:23 AM
TraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by crazy1323
How to beat a speeding ticket, I know this works in Tennessee and I am pretty sure it works in all states.

Lets say you get a traffic ticket in which the fine is $200.00 and you would accumulate 3 points on your license for said infraction.

The state that issued the ticket will have to send you a check back with the difference.

As long as that check is never cashed then the state can not finalize all finacial transitions and cannot put points on your license untill these transactions are completed.

Hopefully this will help people in the future. This came from a retired State Farm agent.
It is my understand that this is an urban legend

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blpoints.htm

Old 08-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
HAHA thats worth trying though. To funny!

CT you pay the ticket you get no points off your license. But if you fight the ticket and they find u guilty then the points are taken. They just want your money!
-SM

Old 08-12-2006, 07:39 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks everybody for all your replys and pm's, much appreciated. I just don't want to see my friend lose her license even if it wasn't the smartest thing for her to be doing almost double the limit. Hopefully the scare of her possibly losing her license makes her a better and smarter driver and hopefully with your guys help, she'll be able to beat the ticket. Thanks again everyone! This is why 6speed is awesome.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:49 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

Hahaha that's awesome, hmm i should try that

Scott hope you get this resolved man with no points, goodluck!

Old 08-12-2006, 08:44 PM

hahha that is great. My dad actually beat a photospeeding ticket by not even responding. Turns out the Photo tickets are sent via regular mail and that since nobody signs anything, there's no proof that you actually received the ticket. My dad spoke with someone from the DMV and they told my dad that basically they never go after anyone because most people just pay and those who don't it's just written off. But that was about 10 years ago, and we all know a lot can change in 10 years.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:23 PM
dr_sharp is infamous around these parts
Will the ticket show up on your record?

Say if you get pulled over again 6 months after you have "beaten" this ticket... will the police officer be able to see that you got a ticket 6 months ago?

Old 08-12-2006, 09:25 PM
stuka is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dr_sharp
Will the ticket show up on your record?

Say if you get pulled over again 6 months after you have "beaten" this ticket... will the police officer be able to see that you got a ticket 6 months ago?
Every stop is recorded, so yes.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I originally posted this in the Off Topic section, but it only got 29 views and not one answer, so I apologize for reposting. Does anyone know of a good traffic Lawyer in the Los Angeles area? I have a friend that just got a ticket for doing 110mph on the 405 in her new A4 and if she doesnt beat this ticket, she's gonna lose her license for 6 months. Thanks for any help.
If it's first offense, 22348b carries a one month max suspension and $500 in fine.

If your friend can pony up 5 grand, I know an attorney that has a track record in beating 22348b's.

And no, not me. I was the recepient at one point as well. 22348b.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:33 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
http://www.ticketassassin.com/ WORTH EVERY PENNY of the measly $25 they ask you to donate. Check it out...

Old 08-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by ZLP
http://www.ticketassassin.com/ WORTH EVERY PENNY of the measly $25 they ask you to donate. Check it out...
A normal person with zero experience is not going to be able to fight 22348b.

22348b is bad stuff. One month suspension is bad stuff, having it on your record for 7 years is bad stuff.

What's worse?

If you get nailed again within 3 years for 22348b again, 6 months suspension.

If you get nailed again after this within 5 years, it's 1 year suspension.

Either she goes to court and begs the judge to change the charge to 22349 and pleas to that, and hope that the judge will pity her, or she pays the lawyer in previous post 5 grand.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket help