996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Back from the Malibu Canyon run...6 tickets and 1 tow later

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 11:23 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr
Great run... Who owned the new 997 that was leading for awhile it was gun grey i think... MY GOD him and another turbo in front of me were really moving at first... My girl was screaming in the car we moved so dam fast...
That was Robert and me (turbo)...his lines were really good!

Old 08-14-2006, 11:36 PM
ajax1964 is infamous around these parts
what's it like there during the week? anyone know?

Old 08-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
yeah MY GOD your lines were just so dam pretty sexy... where did u learn how to drive the turbo like that... I only ask as i am still trying to figure out the line for turbo...it seems odd... like at times i will have the wheel turned WAY to far into the turn...yet it seems to pull in better when i do that... MAKES no sense

Old 08-14-2006, 11:50 PM
during the weekdays its usually not that CRAZY... but WOW...

Old 08-14-2006, 11:54 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
I honestly don't feel the cops were there "for us." Those cyns are just a burn in general...

Old 08-15-2006, 12:00 AM
hey TDKAlumni my woman was woundering where you did tae-kwon-do as she used to do olympic fighting for awhile.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:08 AM
PM'd you some info...

Old 08-15-2006, 10:45 AM
feroz928 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ajax1964
Hey feroz where did u guys go after? I gave qwkr and his girl a ride back to the burger place and then went to the restaurant about 11:15

I went this morning with the intention of a nice leisurely ride, but the guy I was following got on it, and I have had this thing for 3 months now and never really pushed it, couldn't resist the temptation....under those circumstances I doubt I'd do it again....I don't get lucky twice.
After the cops split us up, I wondered around the canyons, ended up on a one way street down to PCH. I went to the Sagebrush Cantina, but none of our group was there, went to Beeps and had breakfast . I had fun and met some nice people. Nice pictures Scott Kelly

Old 08-15-2006, 11:00 AM
CA996 is infamous around these parts
I went to Malibu High School in the morning and the Sheriffs were all up and down PCH writing tickets in force. Never saw so many before. At one point there were 4 of them in a row with cars pulled over. Time to chill out there.
Hey Terry you make it out OK?

Old 08-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Mad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to all
So in a nut shell this is what happened to Scott and I... first the person who organized the meet didn't show up. We waited around for about half an hour and finally decided to leave. After dealing with a little traffic, the entire group was together and we were off. We were going at a decent pace (and personally driving an audi is nice and all, but once we hit those tight twisties, the lack of power in my car sure made it interesting to keep up with the p-cars ), and it was fun but short-lived.

The group got split into two thanks to the Taurus that Scott posted. The first group was the Turbo, followed by the boxster and then us. As we come down a crest we see this CHP biker on the side of the road and as soon as the three of us passed him, I saw him pull out behind me. At that time no one was speeding but I am sure he heard our engines as we came down. So here I am cursing and hoping no one gets pulled over. He then proceeds to pass me and gets behind the boxster. In the meanwhile the black turbo up front sees a road where we could make a left and ducked in, the boxster kept going straight and I ducked in behind the 911. Prior to this I noticed the rest of the pack turned on to the road the CHP biker was standing at. That was the last time we saw them!

We later on heard the boxster got pulled over (sorry dude). The two of us start driving around the canyons for a bit and then doubled back hoping to catch up with the rest of the group. No such luck though. After noticing cops EVERYWHERE we went, we finally decided to head down to PCH and then get back to the restaurant. It was during this time when it was quiet outside Scott heard a sound which I thought was my front lip scraping the ground. Turns out I wasn't so lucky. We pulled off the main road and inspected the damage. There was none except for a blown front tire. Interestingly enough, I was at Lucent the day before telling Arling how I need new tires along with a bunch of things . How's that for coincidence?

Now, the best part was the place we were at was out in the boonies and neither Scott nor I were getting any reception on our cellphones. So we hike up the road to an open area where I got a steady signal and started making some calls. AAA was going to be there in 45 min, and I started calling tire places around the area hoping they would have the required size. Luckily discount tire in Tarzana was open, so we decided we would head out there in Scott's car. On the way back in the tow truck it seemed like if you were in a pack of over 4-5 vehicles you were standing next to a CHP officer. I mean at one point we saw a bunch of bikes along with a bimmer and another audi and there were 4 officers with them. I am sure those guys got hassled. But I digress. Anyway, the rest of trip was uneventful. We got the car towed back to the Jack in the Box, removed the culprit wheel and drove out to tarzana. We were probably back within the hour with the new tire. Man that meal we had at Jack in the box after everything was back in order was awesome! And we were right on schedule as we had predicted.

It was definitely a fun day regardless... it was cool to meet some of the board members and check out the rides. Maybe next time we will do it right. And a big thanks to Scott for driving me out to Tarzana and helping me out with what could have turned out to be a nightmare. I owe you one dude. My next stop? Lucent to get all my stuff sorted out! Arling where you at?

Old 08-15-2006, 12:52 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mad Swami
So in a nut shell this is what happened to Scott and I... first the person who organized the meet didn't show up. We waited around for about half an hour and finally decided to leave.
could it be possible the guy who posted was a cop? he had no prior posts, spams 6speed about the malibu canyon runs and suddenly doesnt show up???

could it be possible you guys got truely owned????

Old 08-15-2006, 01:00 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 02barebones996
could it be possible the guy who posted was a cop? he had no prior posts, spams 6speed about the malibu canyon runs and suddenly doesnt show up???

That would be extremely f'd up, yet at the same time

Last edited by Control It; 08-16-2006 at 02:08 AM.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:01 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

Wow man, if so that's insane!

Old 08-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice

No offense man, but are you serious? Do you actually think that an agency would go that far out of their way to write 6 tickets for no front license plates (and happen to catch somebody without his valid license)? If this is where my tax dollars are going (to fund some elaborate 'sting operation' to target Porsches without front plates) then I need to move to Canada or something!

I sincerely doubt that some Chippie is gloating over a huge victory against a few P-car owners...

Last edited by Kato; 08-15-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:19 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kato
No offense man, but are you serious? Do you actually think that an agency would go that far out of their way to write 6 tickets for no front license plates (and happen to catch somebody without his valid license)? If this is where my tax dollars are going (to fund some elaborate 'sting operation' to target Porsches without front plates) then I need to move to Canada or something!

I sincerely doubt that some Chippie is gloating over a huge victory against a few P-car owners...

but u do have to agree it is weird for the organizer to not show up.... ?? .. conspiracy theory????

hey u never know could be an cop who had nothing to do to make his qouta...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Back from the Malibu Canyon run...6 tickets and 1 tow later