996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Gt700

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 01:44 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Lowering the ride height doesnt cure the bump steer issue in GT2's!
Are you ignorant about suspensions or do you not comprehend my writing?

Optimizing the suspension geometry for the lowered ride height through links and/or different wheel carriers cures the bumpsteer issues. Or do you not know what that means?

Old 08-16-2006, 01:55 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hamann7
Are you ignorant about suspensions or do you not comprehend my writing?

Optimizing the suspension geometry for the lowered ride height through links and/or different wheel carriers cures the bumpsteer issues. Or do you not know what that means?
I fully comprehend, just pointing out what you said wasnt true, just giving you a hard time like i see you giving others , and for what reason? No reason at all, you are very knowledgable indeed, but from reading your post's lately they are uncalled for and sometimes irrelevant!

You said changing the suspension geometry/lowering the car cures bumpsteer, re-read it, then you said after you could ALSO change other things, you just mixed and matched up what you just wrote to me, but from your original post it can be mis interpreted!

Goodnight!

Last edited by iLLM3; 08-16-2006 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:30 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I fully comprehend, just pointing out what you said wasnt true, just giving you a hard time like i see you giving others , and for what reason? No reason at all, you are very knowledgable indeed, but from reading your post's lately they are uncalled for and sometimes irrelevant!

You said changing the suspension geometry/lowering the car cures bumpsteer, re-read it, then you said after you could ALSO change other things, you just mixed and matched up what you just wrote to me, but from your original post it can be mis interpreted!

Goodnight!
Sorry for coming down on you like that... it's been a long day, and I've been having to respond to idiotic posts on MBWorld, so it's eaten up all my tolerance for the day.

Nothing personal, trust me. It's all good!

Old 08-16-2006, 02:33 AM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
correct me if i'm wrong, but the GT2 geometry/lowering, is not quit what ritchieswimwear started this thread for, nor for why some oppt for the high hp setups instead of lightening and what not...and the sad part is only 3/33 of the post were even relevent(my post too were irrelevent, and i apologize) so please, let us offer ritchieswimwear our knowledge on the correct subject...

sincerely,
chasen

Old 08-16-2006, 05:29 AM
woolyg is infamous around these partswoolyg is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ritchieswimwear
As far as I can tell, the GT700 package does not upgrade the internals? Is this correct? If it is, any worries on internal damge? thanks, I have a big birthday coming soon and I am lusting for that package
Don't forget this guy.... I know Scott, Alexander, Mark and others won't...

Last edited by woolyg; 08-16-2006 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:35 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I want a sticker like that LOL

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-16-2006, 11:16 AM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
This board is beginning to sound like the Viper or Supra forums where everyone is so obsessed with drag racing
You think??!?!?!?

It started a long time ago in my book... oh well...to each his own...

Old 08-16-2006, 11:26 AM
ritchieswimwear is infamous around these parts
thanks for all the response

I know the thread went a little off subject but I think it's cool. I love the bantering back and forth. The moral on the super HP packages is, if you cannot afford a new engine (I am one of those who can't) because you bent rods or something else, then keep the upgrades modest and go for handling and cosmetic improvements. That is where I am going after all the insight in this post and other post, thanks ritchie

Old 08-16-2006, 12:22 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Sorry for coming down on you like that... it's been a long day, and I've been having to respond to idiotic posts on MBWorld, so it's eaten up all my tolerance for the day.

Damn Tyson, I wondered why you were dishing it out You were so polite and calm in person

Old 08-16-2006, 12:47 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

Hey no problem man, it was just a little wake up call, a refreshing post to make you realize and you did! Your a cool guy and i look forward to reading more topic's and info from you!

I will PM you actually on a suspension question

Martin

Last edited by iLLM3; 08-16-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:44 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute

Professor Tyson

I feel your pain. Teaching Porsche 101 to that RX-7 marine guy was a waste of time. He and that other DogBerry guy are impossible to get through their medulla oblongata

Old 12-18-2006, 08:12 AM
glpdx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ritchieswimwear
I know the thread went a little off subject but I think it's cool. I love the bantering back and forth. The moral on the super HP packages is, if you cannot afford a new engine (I am one of those who can't) because you bent rods or something else, then keep the upgrades modest and go for handling and cosmetic improvements. That is where I am going after all the insight in this post and other post, thanks ritchie
I'd like to split the middle and ask a varation of the question. If the engine does turn out not to be able to handle the GT700 power, what is expected to be the first thing to go wrong? How can you tell if (that) something is going wrong? What would be the extent of damage be, if (that) something goes wrong?

For instance, my guess is that the likely problem would be bent rods. What are the symptoms of bent rods? Will this ruin the engine or will the internals just need to be upgraded?

I'm assuming the worst case scenario is that the internal build will need to be done sooner than later, so as long as you're prepared for a $20-30k project, you should be okay, right? Since this is something that should be done eventually anyway, the risks don't seem that bad.

Experts, please chime in as I am not an expert. How far off am I? Is it actually possible that, by not upgrading the internals, the engine block or something could be destroyed at the GT700 level?