996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tonight 8/17/06 - chicago 6speeders at Streets of Woodfield

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Abraham996 is infamous around these parts
weather is playing with us tonight! Not sure if rain or not.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:04 PM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
Kraftwerk is infamous around these partsKraftwerk is infamous around these parts
My brother just moved to Chicago and said he visited this car meet at a mall which he said was called Woodfield. Sounds like the same thing? He has a black B6 MTM A4. If you guys see him out next week, he said "money" night was thursdays, tell him HI for me and a warm welcome. He said there were some sick rides like Gallardos, Vipers, Z06s, SL600 RennTECH, tons of Audis, M cars, etc.

Old 10-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk
My brother just moved to Chicago and said he visited this car meet at a mall which he said was called Woodfield. Sounds like the same thing? He has a black B6 MTM A4. If you guys see him out next week, he said "money" night was thursdays, tell him HI for me and a warm welcome. He said there were some sick rides like Gallardos, Vipers, Z06s, SL600 RennTECH, tons of Audis, M cars, etc.

Yep thats the place.

The C6 Z06 was shank
RT SL600 was Marcus, also shanks old car.
Vipers.. Could have been Emil, M Carlin, Josh, or any number of us. Tell him to come by and introduce himself, no need to be shy.

Old 10-07-2006, 09:52 PM
The Pun
Man, I wish I could kick this cold otherwise I would be out there.

Old 10-08-2006, 02:03 AM
CrazyQuattro is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk

I think i saw your brothers car there.. looks good.

I have a B6 grey A4 with BBS wheels, not sure if he saw me there.

Old 10-08-2006, 02:09 AM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
Kraftwerk is infamous around these partsKraftwerk is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys, he said he remember some of y'alls cars. He said he will try to introduce himself next weekend. I'm sure he's a little shy because he's new in town.

CrazyQuattro, he remembers your ride and I think has been lookin at that EuroTeknik forum.

Old 12-02-2006, 07:45 PM
jmejonessl600 is infamous around these parts
Shank:

I believe I bought your former SL600 from Marcus a few months back.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:27 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jmejonessl600
Shank:

This bad boy https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...bored+in+miami

I miss her

Old 12-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Shank:

that car is baaaaaaaaaaaad as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, congrats on an awesome ride.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah she is. I'm not complaining even though I haven't been able to take it out with much. Is anyone aware of tranny leak problems with the SL600's?

Attached Images    
Old 12-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Where do you see the leak coming from? Most likely Transmission Connector, they replace the entire connector due to a poorly designed o-ring. This is usually the case with the tranny leaks.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by HD Jimbo
Where do you see the leak coming from? Most likely Transmission Connector, they replace the entire connector due to a poorly designed o-ring. This is usually the case with the tranny leaks.
Exactly, I already had it fixed before I wrote the post last week. I wanted to make sure it wasn't something I did or only my car. Thanks for the insight.

Old 12-04-2006, 01:52 AM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Exactly, I already had it fixed before I wrote the post last week. I wanted to make sure it wasn't something I did or only my car. Thanks for the insight.
No problem. Let me know if there is anything else! They made the Trans Connector a "Campaign" (Not urgent, but still needs to be done) on some cars, but others, they play it by a case-by-case basis, as yours would fall under.

Jim