996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

impact of 19" wheels on performance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 06:25 PM
Jack(LA) is infamous around these parts
Fikse wheels are used in many racing venues -- Ruf even used Fikse on his widebody Nardo package TT...

Old 01-17-2004, 06:31 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Yes Fikse and Kinesis are both used on many a Porsche race car

Old 01-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by sharkster
Yes Fikse and Kinesis are both used on many a Porsche race car
But not reverse lip rims....

Old 01-17-2004, 06:37 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
LOL.. well if they want to use my brakes they'll have to

Old 01-17-2004, 09:29 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
I posted some interesting comparison info for wheels in this thread. Use it as you see fit.
http://216.7.163.99/~speedon/forums/...ighlight=polar

Old 01-18-2004, 08:32 AM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
You can't say x brand is best because it is used my more pro racing teams than any other...and since brand Y isn't seem much it must be bad. thats absurd. Racing is a business and very few teams have the luxury to choose the wheels they use. They use wheels of whatever company offers them the best sponsor deal. Its like basketball players and sneakers. DO you think they really care if the play in nikes or reboks?? Of course no race team is goint to risk life or race points running on something they are not comfortable with, but considering the large numbers of wheels we buy every season and their costs, sponsor packaging is 99% of the decision making process. The reason you see teams use one specific brand far more than some others is almost always attributable to the fact that that company is offering far more support for that particular series. Like BBS for example....most of their wheels are great, but their racing support is even better.

dave w

Old 01-18-2004, 09:46 AM
Nikes are the best...everybody knows that -- sponsorship has nothing to do with it.

The wheel/racing talk was just light hearted -- Fikse, Kinesis, HRE, BBS and several other companies make strong, light, forged wheels. I think they're all great. I happen to put a priority on reducing unsprung weight consistent with the wheel being strong enough to deal with street life. Going from my stock GT2 Porsche wheels to the Fikse Profile series wheels saved me 34 lbs of unsprung weight.

Old 01-18-2004, 06:06 PM
Former Vendor
WheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant future
"this is not true - HRE has been phasing out those inferior ARS rim pieces since last year, and the total transition should be complete soon." - lee2375
-
I am curious what research led to this statement.

Old 01-19-2004, 08:30 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Tony at PES showed my some really light 19's for the TT when I was in there a couple of months ago putting on the PSS9s. I don't have specific weights or experience with them, but they were HOT and built specifically for PES.

Old 01-19-2004, 02:35 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
uh huh...

I don't think HRE will ever be on the same level as BBS or Work

And I doubt any of the pending deals you are referring to are in Formula 1 or any other FIA series. Technology and budget. That's all I have to say.

Maybe with ALMS?

yea, but are the wheels they use in F1 made the same was as the ones they sell for street use?

Old 01-19-2004, 03:23 PM
john stephanus is infamous around these parts
You ought to look into Fikse's Profil series and Kinesis.

Old 01-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Alan Baylis
"this is not true - HRE has been phasing out those inferior ARS rim pieces since last year, and the total transition should be complete soon." - lee2375
-
I am curious what research led to this statement.
Hi Alan let me know if you got the pictures I sent you. Also if you need/want more let me know- more where those came from...

Old 01-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
How about 18" with cups and 19" for the street and canyon runs. It seem like the best of both.

Old 01-22-2004, 01:30 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
yea, but are the wheels they use in F1 made the same was as the ones they sell for street use?
Have you ever seen the BBS magnesium wheels used on the GT3-R or RS?

Check them out, and you tell me if they're constructed properly or not.

Old 01-22-2004, 10:28 AM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
tyson,

i think the 22" spinners you have on your M5 will look trick on your gt2R[icer]

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: impact of 19" wheels on performance