996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sportec Brake Cooling Ducts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
The kit comes with replacement raditator ducts (Large molded peices, they are just modified OEM peices.) but you will need to cut the rear wheel well cover where th ducts exit. I used a dremel with diamond wheel attachment. There is also some cutting of plastic behind the bumper to give you enough room in order for the hoses to fit.

you can order the parts from Scott at Rivalmotorsport.com or Tommy at Brandywine.
Thanks!

Old 10-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Cody_1 is infamous around these parts
How doe these compare to the OEM GT-3 cooling ducts?

TIA..........Rich

Old 10-25-2006, 04:07 PM
kiko is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
The kit comes with replacement raditator ducts (Large molded peices, they are just modified OEM peices.) but you will need to cut the rear wheel well cover where th ducts exit. I used a dremel with diamond wheel attachment. There is also some cutting of plastic behind the bumper to give you enough room in order for the hoses to fit.

you can order the parts from Scott at Rivalmotorsport.com or Tommy at Brandywine.
What Sandoval said!!!

Old 02-23-2011, 02:02 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
anyone have a pic of these sportec front brake cooling ducts? thanks

looks like I revived an oldy but goody lol!

can't seem to find rivalmotorsport.com either...are they still around?

Old 02-23-2011, 02:12 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
[quote=sunir;3132058]anyone have a pic of these sportec front brake cooling ducts? thanks
[quote]

Here they are on my car before I took them off....

Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2011, 03:54 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
[quote=str8blst;3132064][quote=sunir;3132058]anyone have a pic of these sportec front brake cooling ducts? thanks

Oh I see....I thought they were actually scoops on the bottom that attached to the wheel liners? The previous owner of my car had a pair of air duct scoops put on...they are Porsche factory parts seems like but dunno if they were added in addition to the standard turbo liners or supposed to work with the gt2 liner up on the fronts...

Old 02-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Zeroh has a spectacular aura aboutZeroh has a spectacular aura about
[quote=str8blst;3132064][quote=sunir;3132058]anyone have a pic of these sportec front brake cooling ducts? thanks

Why did you take them off ? Do the wheels rub on full lock on the ducting ?