996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Well, my Ruf is going under the knife...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I heard some really good things about this stage 3 set up.....
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-29-2006, 08:14 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
thanks Markski and all others..high praise coming from you guys. Some of you are even changing your tune from the beginning of the thread

Anyways, yes the car is a monster. Hope to get it back in to the good graces of this noble 6speeders group when I'm able to post some pics and some more data.

Kevin is a consumate professional, willing to talk to anyone and everyone about everything he knows. If you have any questions about his kits, give him a call or send him an email.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:25 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I've been hearing some real impressive things about your stage 3 kit.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:19 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
#3b with rods and stuff sounds killer.

Kevin really does his research and it is now paying off.

Marty

Old 01-04-2007, 10:49 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by silversurfer
thanks Markski and all others..high praise coming from you guys. Some of you are even changing your tune from the beginning of the thread

Anyways, yes the car is a monster. Hope to get it back in to the good graces of this noble 6speeders group when I'm able to post some pics and some more data.

Kevin is a consumate professional, willing to talk to anyone and everyone about everything he knows. If you have any questions about his kits, give him a call or send him an email.
Its all about the clay that you start with dude, you gotta expect some purist backlash...but we just like fast cars, and the better the base platform you are starting from, the better the end result (clearly) ;-)

Old 01-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Bens car is STUPID right now... cna't wait to see it perform with race gas!!

Old 08-23-2007, 04:32 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
so I finally witness the car on our little drive yesterday.... Wicked fast, avoids mack-truck sandwices in a single bound....

re: mods.... just imagine what "they" said when RUF of Germany started modding Porsches..... @!$%@&^^

how about AMG with Mercedes? Mercedes BOT AMG....

lets face it.... there's a lot more freedom in doing non-mass market cars. the basic problem is that unless there's a significant focus on a "systems based approach" then most mods ar worthless as they don't have support from the rest of what's going on with the car...

big motor, no suspension, great suspension, no tires, big power and tires, no brakes.... etc etc... stage 4 chip and turbos.... no CLUTCH, maybe stock exhaust (LOL).... too many disasters to list as possibe... this is a very detail oriented guy.... SS

nice move on getting the trans-cooler AND the custom gears done, by the way... you've left nothing out, obviously. srry you couldn't hang out longer. would have loved to get a better look at the rest of your car.

Last edited by SpeedYellow; 08-23-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:00 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Holy thread revival.

Yeah, it gets around pretty good...

Once I receive an update from Kevin, I'll be extremely happy...not that I'm not already...but i can always be happier!

Thanks for the kind words.

Last edited by silversurfer; 08-23-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
that car sucks.... ***

Old 08-23-2007, 10:32 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
errr.... yes... remember.... if it's not STOCK, Porsche won't warranty it, either.... so GOD FORBID you should (shudder) modify it in any way..... LOL

if you think your stage IV or V is slow.... TURN THE PSM OFF!!! and accelerate AGAIN...

Old 08-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by AdamT
but i guarantee you the difference on the street will not be much over your 550....
By the way Adam, i hope your guarantee didn't come with a free toaster, 'cause you know how much I like my toast

Old 08-24-2007, 12:09 AM
I know the dang difference..in 1st-4th,.and Ben knows 5th all too well lol

the car is alot faster than before... PERIOD

Old 08-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Alexcwt is infamous around these parts
Holy thread revival.

Once I receive an update from Kevin, I'll be extremely happy...not that I'm not already...but i can always be happier!

Whoa, I hope your using cheap tires or the tires will buy you a new upgrade per year. Don't ask me how I know.

Enjoy.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Holy thread revival.

LOL...great picture!

Old 08-24-2007, 07:24 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
IF he keeps all the Ruf parts with the car it might not hurt future value. I am a relative newbie here but a LONG time Ruf fan. Do we know for a fact this is a Ruf vin car or is it "merely" a conversion? :-> The only biggie here is value and if it has an IRC. For thouse of you that don't know, the only way you get that lovely and functional Intergrated Roll Cage is to have it done at the factory in Germany.]

But, as has been noted, the engine mods are all exterior add-ons, so it could always be returned to Ruf spec by a future owner.

I must share my mixed feelings. While I agree it is a super car as it is, it doesn't have the 590 kit and there IS room on the table for further power upgrades. I HOPE whomever is doing it is replacing the rods and such at any more advanced power level.
Either way good luck on the upgrades and I hope you love it even more.
John Rice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well, my Ruf is going under the knife...