996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Well, my Ruf is going under the knife...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:54 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Brucem
damn Seth,,, Summer isn't even over yet.. you could have waited till fall at least
It actually happened by accident. I brought it in to have an alignment done (Cantrell) then I asked about sways, and said, sure, lets do those, then I had a bad tire and small deformation in my rim so It was going to be a few days for that, so I said, ok, well, lets to a roll bar, pull the rear wiper assembly and rear seatbelt gear... and I was at the same time doing some research on CF parts, and the price was right that day, so I said... sure lets get those here... etc... and then I thought, well, if I have CF on the outside, I had better do some inside (I actually have to complete my order for that stuff).

The real reason is my wife is getting a 997 Turbo... We are ordering it custom, in RS orange with Alcantara and CF and leather on everything with Sport Crono and PCCBs etc... her car is going to be way cooler than mine, and I got jealous and started trying to make my car cool again.

Seth.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Seth... you are a nut.. You fit in just fine with all of us

Your car will look sick with Carbon interior!!! center console, doors, air vents would be perfect I think! if your horseshoe around the radio is silver maybe think about it body color

Old 08-30-2007, 10:59 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SlowMotion
It actually happened by accident. I brought it in to have an alignment done (Cantrell) then I asked about sways, and said, sure, lets do those, then I had a bad tire and small deformation in my rim so It was going to be a few days for that, so I said, ok, well, lets to a roll bar, pull the rear wiper assembly and rear seatbelt gear... and I was at the same time doing some research on CF parts, and the price was right that day, so I said... sure lets get those here... etc... and then I thought, well, if I have CF on the outside, I had better do some inside (I actually have to complete my order for that stuff).Seth.
That's how it always begins. And before you know it your engine is crack open for more power.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:06 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Insanity, I tell you!

Old 08-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
shoot.. I can't wait to the see the orange turbo!!!!

Old 08-30-2007, 11:37 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
What orange turbo???

Old 08-30-2007, 11:41 AM
The one Seth ordered for his wife you gotta read the whole post bro

Old 08-30-2007, 11:52 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Bruce and Jason
Lets do another long drive before the rain pours.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:21 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Bruce and Jason
Lets do another long drive before the rain pours.
What the hell am I, chopped liver?

Old 08-31-2007, 09:16 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
If I'm lucky, it sounds like, I'll actually get to meet this guy Kevin @ UMW and see his place???? The curiosity keeps growing....

Old 08-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by silversurfer
What the hell am I, chopped liver?
You get that benz yet? You post pictures up here anywhere? I'm curious!

Seth

Old 08-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by SpeedYellow
If I'm lucky, it sounds like, I'll actually get to meet this guy Kevin @ UMW and see his place???? The curiosity keeps growing....
Kevin is a mysterious guy (also a great dude at that!), and his work is also kinda mysterious, but once your part of the family you become privy to his projects (he's very meticulous, very inventive, and very quiet until he's proven to himself that something is perfect).

Seth

Old 08-31-2007, 09:36 AM
I get that about Kevin. I've spoken to him on a couple of occasions and it's always "soon...soon..."

I totally missed that post about the orange Turbo! That's gonna be one SICK *** car! I'll definitely have to park mine next to that Orange beast for a photoshoot! Heck...we should all get together for a photoshoot! When will that Orange monster be here?

Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by atomic80
I get that about Kevin. I've spoken to him on a couple of occasions and it's always "soon...soon..."

I totally missed that post about the orange Turbo! That's gonna be one SICK *** car! I'll definitely have to park mine next to that Orange beast for a photoshoot! Heck...we should all get together for a photoshoot! When will that Orange monster be here?
It will be a long time before the orange is built and shipped etc... the non-standard color ads 4-6 weeks alone. The Photoshoot would be good!

I was confused by Kevin's "Soon, soon" or other mysterious behaviours at first. It's actually a good thing. He likes to be certain of things, and he's doing some very interesting stuff. He does lots of R&D that I'm sure he would love to talk about, but as a small shop he's gotta keep it on the low low.

Seth

Old 08-31-2007, 09:46 AM
Seth, Check the Benz forum for Bens car..there is some great stuff going on right now in that forum lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well, my Ruf is going under the knife...