996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Well, my Ruf is going under the knife...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 04:04 PM
tradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RufMD
Complete BS...in fact, Ruf went beyond the warranty when I had a small issue and stand by their products 110%...and my car was a conversion.
they do not offer ANY warranty on the conversions, they may have helped you out on something small...but i guarantee you if your rear main seal, or a head gasket went out, you would be on your own. believe what you want. i asked for a warranty to be put into writing, and they refused. they still deliver a good product, it just does not have a warranty after voiding the factory warranty, and overpriced, IMHO.

Last edited by tradin1; 08-26-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:21 PM
shonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to behold
the integral rollcage is an option on all ruf serial number builds.
carlos

Old 08-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Alexcwt is infamous around these parts
I vouch for Ruf Dallas 100% on standing behind their work and product. I bought front bumper from them and took it to the dealer where I was having my car fixed. They did a terrible job. I took it back to Ruf, they repainted the stuff inside and totally reinstall the whole front end for free. Which they quoted me before for few hour worth of labor. They even had to order a few more duct work that the dealer lost. Not sure about 10 hour jobs but they will set things right for you. They're friends, don't ask for things in writing.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Alexcwt is infamous around these parts
Yea, everything is an option at Ruf. Cost or not. They are custom builders. Unlike Porsche, they don't build a few hundred cars to sit in showrooms.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:13 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by shonuf
the integral rollcage is an option on all ruf serial number builds.
carlos
AdamT from Ruf Germany,

Could we get the correct answer?

Thanks!

Old 08-27-2006, 03:40 AM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Phoenix
AdamT from Ruf Germany,

Could we get the correct answer?

Thanks!
Yeah its an option, which 99% of owners choose,

Though i know of one of two ruf vin r turbos with the 3,8l engine doesnt have it

all the best
adam

Old 08-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Thanks Adam.

Old 08-27-2006, 06:15 PM
shonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to behold
as a thought, ive had my ruf rturbo back for 1 month. i got the rt12 engine as well as the ohlin suspension which raises and lowers. this was done at ruf in dallas and in pfaffenhausen. the suspension makes the car MUCH easiier to use. i put about 1500 mi driving to and from the porsche parade 2 weeks ago. the car is very fast! it even gets about 20 mpg at 80 mph. sweet!
carlos

Old 08-27-2006, 06:48 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
as a thought, ive had my ruf rturbo back for 1 month. i got the rt12 engine as well as the ohlin suspension which raises and lowers. this was done at ruf in dallas and in pfaffenhausen.carlos
That's quite an upgrade Carlos! Sounds amazing! Care to divulge how much you spent on the RT12 engine?

Old 08-27-2006, 08:15 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
as a thought, ive had my ruf rturbo back for 1 month. i got the rt12 engine as well as the ohlin suspension which raises and lowers. this was done at ruf in dallas and in pfaffenhausen. the suspension makes the car MUCH easiier to use. i put about 1500 mi driving to and from the porsche parade 2 weeks ago. the car is very fast! it even gets about 20 mpg at 80 mph. sweet!
carlos
Woww, that's nuts big congrats

Old 08-27-2006, 08:36 PM
carlos

Old 08-28-2006, 05:55 AM
kiko is infamous around these parts
Now thats a proper upgrade on a Ruf!!!

Old 09-21-2006, 07:37 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Any updates on your RUF, Ben?

Old 09-22-2006, 12:58 AM
ronny ghazal is infamous around these parts
Why? Don't ruin this Ruf, get another one and mod that one.
Just a thought.
RG

Old 09-22-2006, 02:14 AM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
oh wait, one of you guys thinks I shouldn't do it?? Okay, I'll stop the build then. I wish someone would've voiced their opinion sooner

No Jason, no updates yet..only that everything is going very well, better than expected. Should have quite a few surprises once she's all done...but I'll only reveal the finished product to those who offered me their support and encouragement

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well, my Ruf is going under the knife...