996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Well, my Ruf is going under the knife...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 11:06 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
DJ - I'm trying but she keeps smacking me (and that's a good thing) !!!

GT3 seats are not just for the track - and she wonders why I am such a gentleman opening the door - Dad learned me well - he had an MG TD at Auburn - those running boards were great - took ol' mom quite a few years to figure it out - of course the MG got sold when she did!!!
LMAO.... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH... THAT IS SOOOOOO ****ING FUNNY. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

Old 09-22-2006, 03:23 PM
ronny ghazal is infamous around these parts
[quote=silversurfer]oh wait, one of you guys thinks I shouldn't do it?? Okay, I'll stop the build then. I wish someone would've voiced their opinion sooner

You are absolutely right. I posted after reading only the first page of this thread. Didn't see that it was at page 7 already.

Now that I see how far you have gone and what you plan to do, it is fairly obvious that you will end up with an awsome machine. I did not mean to downplay the significance of your project. Looking forward to how it turns out. I may yet get inspired to mod the 05 turbo S that I picked up last week, who knows?

Good luck,
RG

Old 12-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Hi silversurfer,

How is the project coming along?

Saw some teaser pics courtesy of Kevin (UM) on Rennlist......

Thanks.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:39 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I got chance to drive his car a few weeks ago. This car is indeed very special not only due to its wide power curve but also its gearings and high top speed. It's night and day from the original vin Ruf550. He's very happy with the result. I'll help the owner record the car's performance on AX22 soon.

Old 12-28-2006, 06:00 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
let's see some pics and vids!

Old 12-28-2006, 06:07 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DJ
let's see some pics and vids!
I'll second that

Old 12-28-2006, 06:09 PM
NDP23 is infamous around these parts
I read this whole thread and no pics

Old 12-28-2006, 07:47 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Yes, it's true. The car's UMW transformation is complete. I'm waiting on a brake install and the weather to clear up before I take some pics/vids/AX-22 runs. Let's just say that it is the fastest thing I've ever driven or been a passenger in....by a longshot. Without disclosing any specific #'s, the preliminary AX 60-130 results (on low boost, short shifts, and skinny tires)... is CGT territory.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Looking forward to the complete report!

Thanks!

Old 12-28-2006, 09:53 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I don't understand all the hubbub. Unless you are cutting things off your car, 100% of everything you are doing is reversible. You can even backup the RUF program...

Old 12-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Schuepbach is infamous around these parts
Wow, what a crazy thread, SilverSurfer, its your car man, do you what you want, and apparently its already been done. Theres alot of rumors about RUF that I find humorous.

First, the numbers you see RUF release are the bare minimum, as erik pointed out. When designing the engines, it is the smallest number that is encountered. Most engines make close to that number, due to a confidentiality agreement, I cant say numbers, but if you bought a 550 hp motor, it will make at least 550 hp(no there isnt some wonderful RUF potion that goes in and you really make 700).

Second, in regards to price, alot of the money actually goes into R&D, and not Alois's pocket. The cars/engines are designed to be daily drivers and to replicate the feel of a stock porsche. But at the same time give you a reliable horsepower figure.

Third, as adam said, the rollcage is an option, almost everyone chooses it though.

Fourth, Adam was a member of the Ruf Intern Team, however he is now an alumni.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:13 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Originally Posted by Schuepbach
First, the numbers you see RUF release are the bare minimum, as erik pointed out. When designing the engines, it is the smallest number that is encountered. Most engines make close to that number, due to a confidentiality agreement, I cant say numbers, but if you bought a 550 hp motor, it will make at least 550 hp(no there isnt some wonderful RUF potion that goes in and you really make 700).
Yeah, someone posted a dyno sheet of a ruf 550 putting down exactly 550!

Old 12-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Schuepbach

Fourth, Adam was a member of the Ruf Intern Team, however he is now an alumni.
Need another intern?

Old 12-28-2006, 10:23 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
from Wayne Corley regarding warranty issues,

"Those questions all depend upon whether you are referring to a Porsche with
RUF upgrades or a RUF manufactured car.

A RUF manufactured car has a 3 year/50,000 mile warranty. A Porsche with
RUF upgrades, comes with a 1 year warranty on the RUF upgrades and will
probably void any Porsche warranty on the parts upgraded."

I have been talking to him about upgrading the TT cab I have on order. To me RUF doesn't mean the fastest car I can get for the money. I expect it to be "explosive" without exploding. To be engineered to the highest quality, and to be drivable everyday. It is my belief they sacrifice top HP for durability. Those of you who have RUF's is this accurate in your opinion?

Old 12-28-2006, 11:21 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
Yeah, someone posted a dyno sheet of a ruf 550 putting down exactly 550!
I dont know man, i have talked to several people who drove them, talked to a few people at RUF, and these cars at "550" are beating cars at shootouts from what i heard, evo cars that have GT640/700!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well, my Ruf is going under the knife...