996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Well, my Ruf is going under the knife...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 11:39 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
I'm not terribly interested in all the virtual d**k waving, but I do know that my car is a completely different monster then what it used to be. Kevin asked me if I wanted the highest HP program and I said no due to the fact that I've got stock rods and I don't want the temptation to lead me to engine failure. At what #'s are the stock internals good until?

Old 12-28-2006, 11:43 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Silversurf - what is the heighest HP kit that Kevin offers?

Jag

Old 12-28-2006, 11:51 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
jags9,
As high as one's wallet can stand I'd presume. I'm looking forward to getting together with you on our next PacNW drive to see how our cars compare.

Last edited by silversurfer; 12-29-2006 at 12:22 AM.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:57 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Hey what do you know it's going to be sunny in Seattle tomorrow.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:24 AM
I know of a perfect stretch of road. I'll give you a hint. It's by Safeco

Old 12-29-2006, 12:25 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I dont know man, i have talked to several people who drove them, talked to a few people at RUF, and these cars at "550" are beating cars at shootouts from what i heard, evo cars that have GT640/700!

Measured trap speeds show that RUF cars make pretty much what they claim to make. No more, no less.

I have no doubt that Silver's car is faster than it was as a RUF car now that Kevin got his hands on it.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:32 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Measured trap speeds show that RUF cars make pretty much what they claim to make. No more, no less.

I have no doubt that Silver's car is faster than it was as a RUF car now that Kevin got his hands on it.
Yea i just read through everything, hmm! It seems people have some freaks or bad running tuning cars, or maybe its just a conspiracy. But its from what i have been told, from people who drove these cars and said it was faster than XXX car

Old 12-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Yea i just read through everything, hmm! It seems people have some freaks or bad running tuning cars, or maybe its just a conspiracy. But its from what i have been told, from people who drove these cars and said it was faster than XXX car
It's combination of RUF fans inflating how fast RUF cars actually are, and people with non RUF cars inflating how much power their cars are actually making.

Trap Speed wipes away all the BS.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-29-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:43 AM
doccao is infamous around these parts
silversurfer - congrats on the upgrades! As in plastic/cosmetic surgery, if you've got the courage & money to do, then why not? Ruf, AMG, Brabus...always room for improvements.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:45 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
It's combination of RUF fans inflating how fast RUF car actually are, and people with non RUF cars inflating how much power their cars are actually making.

Trap Speed wipes away all the BS.
Ahh i see, i see! Well, i will be sure to run alot of my buddies with all different tuning packages once i get mine

Old 12-29-2006, 08:02 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I figure that this guy is a completly pure car guy in that names and values arent important to him...he is a TRUE performance enthusiast with some money...

Ever see the depreciation values of a 996TT...after its been prepped for club racing...???

Respect for OP for acutally doing something to a great car to make it better!

Last edited by sechsgang; 12-29-2006 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:03 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by silversurfer
jags9,
As high as one's wallet can stand I'd presume. I'm looking forward to getting together with you on our next PacNW drive to see how our cars compare.
What kits does he have available though?

Old 12-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Bens RUF is an ANIMAL now!! NIGHT and Day difference from before.. can't wait for some good weather so we can have some fun!!

Old 12-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Can't wait to see the results, Kevins kits are awesome from what I hear I'm also impressed he's willing and able to work on the RUF cars, what can you do ecu wise to make a 550 car even more strong?

Old 12-29-2006, 05:09 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Ben , congrats on the setup. I hear it is quite the setup...we will talk in a few weeks when my kit is installed and running... Take care, Kevin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well, my Ruf is going under the knife...