996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Arrrgghhhhhh!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 01:36 AM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
Arrrgghhhhhh!!!!

So last night... the dam Turbo died again... seems to be my 4 or 5th fuel pump..... that makes it 6 times my car has been in for fuel issues in 5k miles... Porsche wants to blame it on the intake, div, or exhaust i had installed... they kept asking what do i have done to the car and so fourth... then offered me only 1500 for my down time and past issues with the car... thats including a dented door, scratched (BIG) front bumper....

I am woundering if anyone on here has ever heard of anyone having problems with their car or someone elses car dying cause of fuel or "Unknown" issues... I know in the past someone said something about finding a car that was a known lemon being resold and its problem was it would stop running for no known reason....

I just want a WORK car that i can drive safetly and be able to modd it with out woundering if its going to blow up in my face...

THANKS FOR READING ALL

Old 08-24-2006, 01:41 AM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
sorry to hear this, hope you get your problem fixed and running smoothly...

Old 08-24-2006, 04:18 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Dvs and exhaust do not cause fuel systems to go bad. call a lawyer and start communicating with the dealership thru him.
put the car back to stock and see what happens.....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-24-2006, 06:30 AM
i figure thats what i am going to do... this is just so dam crazy... cause honestly i feel like i own a4's and boxters....not a turbo... but yeah hopefully will have a lawyer this week...gonna go lawyer hunting...

Old 08-24-2006, 11:35 AM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 is infamous around these parts
Oh man... that's really sucks. I remember talking to 6-speed member 'Zed' and he had some issues with fuel line.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:52 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
the dealer always blames mods when problems arise... i remember my mercedes wouldn't start up and they blamed my aftermarket stero...

Old 08-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
Does it always fail for the same thing? If so, why hasn't it been lemoned yet?

Old 08-24-2006, 02:37 PM
lemon is easy said then done... i gotta go get a lawyer to do it...and i hate dealing with lawyers...even though i want to become one.. LOL

Old 08-24-2006, 03:35 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Have a look at the pins in the MAF head connector, a lose pin can cause all sorts of problems believe me, but you may need a dealer to determine this

Old 08-24-2006, 04:35 PM
killerbee is infamous around these parts
Had 2 pumps replaced on the 2005 Turbo S. Was told this is a relatively common problem. The D clips (crimped) that hold the lines on the pump really do not hold that well and over time wiggle off. Result no fuel pressure.

After two failures got proactive and replaced all the D clips with traditional hose clamps and the problem has not reappeared (thankfully)

Hope this helps.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:50 PM
lexpro is a jewel in the roughlexpro is a jewel in the roughlexpro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr
lemon is easy said then done... i gotta go get a lawyer to do it...and i hate dealing with lawyers...even though i want to become one.. LOL
No you don't need a lawyer to lemon a car. Have you reviewed the procedure in your state? Where are you located?

Old 08-24-2006, 06:30 PM
i am in cali... have no idea really what to do... I found out today as a friend of mine over heard them talking at the dealer...and the service manager said that they feel "I am causing the problem, and we are going to get to the bottom of it." The funny thing is almost every time it goes in its not just for a blow fuel pump... This time its in for the blown pump and i was going to bring it in anyways as the car is making a metal whinning noise from the front in slow semi-tight turns...also the driver side window is very ruff going up and down.... I feel insulted they thing i am the cause... All i been asking from day one is whats the problem and they say they dont know... Today they said they will finally do a full overhaul of anything that could be a cause... but this is a joke... I want a running TURBO...not an A4 2.0T

Old 08-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
Might want to try a different dealer. They're not always that bright. For instance, I TOLD my dealer to look for a boost leak last time it was in. He couldn't find anything wrong. Ended up repairing the loose turbo to intercooler hose myself...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.