996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

AGLA Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
AGLA Steering Wheel

Anyone here had a steering wheel done by AGLA (Alan Gun Leather Accessories)?

I had a VERY THICK steering wheel done back in June/July and I just received it on Friday, August 18th (various reasons...Q.A. person/owner on vacation, employees timeoff, machine breaking, etc.)....

I was all excited when I received the wheel...slapped it on... and the effing airbag doesnt fit right! Also the build quality is so so...

I would just like to know if any of you had problems with AGLA ...

Attached Images    
Old 08-24-2006, 01:20 PM
kiko is infamous around these parts
Thats one ugly looking job if you ask me... the leather used is radically different, the finishing, etc.

The wheel looks like it used to belong to a Tip... is it? I looks like a bulge where the buttons should be.

Old 08-24-2006, 01:26 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kiko
Thats one ugly looking job if you ask me... the leather used is radically different, the finishing, etc.

The wheel looks like it used to belong to a Tip... is it? I looks like a bulge where the buttons should be.
Hmm good eye, i noticed that also! I have to say, that rewrapping job is not good one bit, that would be unacceptable to me! Goodluck

Old 08-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Tell me about it! I waited over a month and a half...for this?? Nothing but a total buzzkill! Oh well ... I suppose you get what you pay for... TechArt here I come... its not as thick as I'd like to be (E46 M3 thickness) .. but I suppose that'll do!

Old 08-24-2006, 01:52 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
Yea....I have to say it definitely does not look like a good quality job. I would actually ask for a refund/credit since it does not even fit your airbag. Or even dispute the charge with your credit card company since the quality is far from superior. Anyway best of luck!

Also I do miss that thick steering wheel in my M3 also!

Last edited by M3CAB; 08-24-2006 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
I would return it and get my money back to get better one for sure.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
I have the FVD/Atiwe wheel. Great quality and not too expensive.

Craig

Last edited by Y65MPH; 01-14-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Why is the leather so shinny? Looks like a bit up steering wheel. I will suggest to refund it and get FVD of TA one.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ray
Why is the leather so shinny? Looks like a bit up steering wheel. I will suggest to refund it and get FVD of TA one.

The wheel is leather on the sides and carbon fiber on the top and bottom. I think that is what you are seeing as "shinny"

Craig

Old 08-24-2006, 04:16 PM
kiko is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Y65MPH

The wheel is leather on the sides and carbon fiber on the top and bottom. I think that is what you are seeing as "shinny"

Craig
Ray was talking about the steering wheel done by AGLA...

Old 08-24-2006, 04:22 PM
TSP-MIAMI is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Saint Ari

I had a VERY THICK steering wheel done back in June/July and I just received it on Friday, August 18th (various reasons...Q.A. person/owner on vacation, employees timeoff, machine breaking, etc.)....

I was all excited when I received the wheel...slapped it on... and the effing airbag doesnt fit right! Also the build quality is so so...

I know that Orli 930 tried AGLA for his 997 C4S wheel. Haven't heard anything from him as of yet.

Theo

Old 08-24-2006, 05:19 PM
KJM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Saint Ari

That "Craftsmanship" is PURE ****. The guys here are right, demand a refund cuz that's not fit for a Porsche (or even a 92 Honda Civic). The leather colour doesn't match the airbag cover (which doesn't fit right) and the leather wrapping doesn't look "smooth".

Demand a refund, and if you don't get it, dispute the charge with your credit card company. ALGA just seemed to wanna give you that to get you off their backs, but that kinda work seems so "Hackerish".

- KJ

Old 08-24-2006, 05:45 PM
L Gancho is infamous around these parts
Check out Carnewal (site sponsor). They carry a thickened 3-spoke steering wheel, which looks like it might be exactly what you want. I'm considering this one myself.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Orli930 is infamous around these parts
AGLA sucks!!! He had my wheel, shifter and e brake for a week. And never touched it. He ordered 3 different samples of Alcantara and could not match it.

The problem is that he never returned my calls or emails I went to his house 4 times until I finally waited for him outside to arrive in the afternoon and later was upset because I never made an appointment.

HE SUCKS!!!!!! STay AWAY!

Old 08-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Orli930...thanks for the update. Too late for me though, dude got my $$$ over a month ago. Full of excuses... I suppose I'll wait how it all goes.. if he doesnt refund me EVERYTHING I asked for plus return shipping...then I'll dispute!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AGLA Steering Wheel