996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dallas Area Dealer Service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
Dallas Area Dealer Service?

Cruising along today and out of nowhere car starts shaking - thinking it's coming from left front wheel. Tire(new) seems OK without obvious deformity, holding pressure well.... don't know what's up

Porsche Roadside Assistance flatebedding it 300+ miles to Park Place Porsche - have been assigned to Jenny Drummond Service Rep. Anybody know her???

The towing co didn't even know what type of car it was - scary. They got kinda pissed when I told them they had to secure it via the wheel rather than the aluminum control arms....ridiculous

Old 08-25-2006, 11:16 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
I bought my TT from PPP as well as my Viper.
My recommendation for service and out of warranty work is take it to Ruf in Addison.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:24 AM
aj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond repute
I'd prefer Boardwalk Porsche or Ruf to PPP. I had some bad experiences with PPP. Check your car carefully before taking it from the dealer. If you have the option to use one of the other service centers, use them instead.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:32 AM
ixlr82 is infamous around these parts
Jenny is terrific, you will like the service she gives you.

Old 08-26-2006, 04:08 PM
tradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to behold
Boardwalk porsche and ferrari has always taken care of me.

Old 08-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ixlr82
Jenny is terrific, you will like the service she gives you.
Well some other service advisor called me to day from Park Place and said he would be the person taking care of me and not Jenny Don't remember his name but anyways........

For those that have used Park Place - are they a mod friendly dealership? If not, who in the DFW area is?

Old 08-26-2006, 07:32 PM
bk9
bk9 is infamous around these partsbk9 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Lizard1
Well some other service advisor called me to day from Park Place and said he would be the person taking care of me and not Jenny Don't remember his name but anyways........

For those that have used Park Place - are they a mod friendly dealership? If not, who in the DFW area is?
Park Place is a big sponsor of the PCA events, and there's a guy there named Randall who has 3 944s he built himself and is a very big track guy. That being said, PPP is cool about people tracking their cars...but not sure on engine mods, etc.

By the way, Jeremy Boulet is who helps me and he's always very nice. If you happen to have him, tell him Bryan w/ the Silver C4s told you to ask for him - maybe that will help?

Old 08-26-2006, 08:53 PM
aj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Randall's a *****.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Secure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud of
Ditto, Randall is a *****! Had to deal with him once with the CTT. Jeremy Boulet is a good guy......Make sure and set your level of expectation with him up front. He got sick for 3 days one time while my CTT was in service and the car just sat. Anyhow, He did me right later on though so I would recommend him. If you have any problems whatsoever you can ask for Steve Fordham on the Benz side. He is a close friend of mine and is the best SA I Have ever dealt with. He knows how to get things moving when problems arise! Again, he is on the benz side so you will need to know that should you require his assistance. Where were you that is 300 miles from Dallas? Road trip?

Old 08-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Ends up Jenny called me this evening to get a full report of what was going wrong.....also told her about some "whining" from the engine compartment that just started. crossing my fingers that I can establish just a good a relationship with Park Place as I had with Hennessy in Atlanta. I did mention to her that we're moving to Dallas in December right down the street from them so maybe that'll help..

Right now, we're out in West TX, Midland to be exact. I'd say we're adjusting. The garage looks empty now with the 3rd bay free....just told my wife I feel an 328 coming on(been looking for a few months now but just kinda sketchy about all the possible service - Ferrari not BMW BTW)

thanks for all the pointers all.....i'll pull out some trump cards later on if the TX gentleman routine doesn't work

Old 08-27-2006, 12:42 AM
Johnny O is infamous around these parts
The Ruf guys will treat you right!

Old 08-27-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by SecureS4
Ditto, Randall is a *****! Had to deal with him once with the CTT. Jeremy Boulet is a good guy......Make sure and set your level of expectation with him up front. He got sick for 3 days one time while my CTT was in service and the car just sat. Anyhow, He did me right later on though so I would recommend him. If you have any problems whatsoever you can ask for Steve Fordham on the Benz side. He is a close friend of mine and is the best SA I Have ever dealt with. He knows how to get things moving when problems arise! Again, he is on the benz side so you will need to know that should you require his assistance. Where were you that is 300 miles from Dallas? Road trip?
When I had my fit with PPP, I boycotted all their stores, but never complained higher than Kirk Frederick, and shortly after it got to him he went over to Boardwalk. A factor for me also is that all of the people I liked at PPP are now at Boardwalk.

So, in dealing with MB, I transferred over to Ewing Autohaus in Plano. We bought an ML there and they've been servicing the E55 too. The service department is subpar for many reasons. The sales guys are friendly but don't follow through and many of them don't know their products too well. When you buy the car, the closer guys try to sell you tire protection, etc. and I was waiting to hear about the undercoating pitch. Bottom line for Ewing is that they take the same attitude from their low-end brands and bring it into their MB dealership.

Starting last month, we're back with PPMB simply because the only dealer closer kinda is subpar. Also, some PPMB employees wives are my patient and I should return the business to them.