996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The BUDMAN has another brush with the LAW!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 04:52 PM
02TT_87GNX is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by buddyg
Man some of you guys get your panties in such a bunch. I did not do anything to endanger this lady. She was going way too slow for the conditions. I safely passed her and then continued playing in the snow.

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!

Exactly, like everyone here is really doing the speed limit all of the time......right

Old 01-21-2004, 04:54 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
the speedlimit is BS!! too slow!!

Old 01-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Stop moralising!

Old 01-21-2004, 05:09 PM
Garey Cooper is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb I agree

The speed limit is too slow, nearly ludicrous. It forces almost every driver to break the law.

I maintain that it isn't the speed necessarily, it is how the car is driven. On my daily commute I see lots of people going very quickly in the left lane 80-90 whatever, no worries to me with one exception; some clapped out old beater on bald tires with bad brakes. Then, it's bad.

But I do see people passing on the right weaving in and out of traffic coming up on blind spots etc. THAT is the dangerous side of driving and THAT is what I think should be ticketed first.

So I agree; it's the driving and not the speed. Go to Germany and you'll see (I think) a better system. Speed limits in general on the autobahn are fluid and subject to change depending upon conditions all the way up to open. But passing on the right is considered a very serious offense.

Oh and Buddy, wear boxers not panties and they won't ride up your nether regions and look like dental floss between two sesame seed buns.

Old 01-21-2004, 05:12 PM
GO 6SPEED!
Even Indonesia has no speed limit! But we are forced to drive slowly because of all the $hit roads!

This forces us to drive slowly!!

Old 01-21-2004, 05:15 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
In countries like India, Indonesia, and Iran, usually 2 bucks USD can pay off a cop, to bad its not like the here, lol.

I trust Buddies judgment, if he thinks she was going way to slow, then I think he had every right to pass her.

Old 01-21-2004, 05:18 PM
GO 6SPEED!
Originally posted by mehrabani1
In countries like India, Indonesia, and Iran, usually 2 bucks USD can pay off a cop, to bad its not like the here, lol.

I trust Buddies judgment, if he thinks she was going way to slow, then I think he had every right to pass her.
Sounds like I'm making fun of my country but paying the police is the first thing you do when they catch you!! Its more like a culture there LOL.... Even when you crash on someone, you won't go to jail (happened to my friend )

2bucks? Its actually less than that in some places! But trust me, the road in Indo is way better than Boston!!

Old 01-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Turbo Racer is infamous around these parts
buddy,

i don't know you from adam but I've followed your adventurous escapades and while part of me thinks your nuts, most of me says "U DA MAN". Definitely you have followed through with many of my primal driving instincts. Hope all goes well down south and keep low and avoid the radar

Old 01-21-2004, 07:09 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
I was driving home the other morning, clipping along on a nearly empty 2 lane highway and noticed I was doing 92 in a 65 mph zone. At about that time, a State Trooper coming in the opposite direction appeared over a crest and the game was up. He put his lights on and started to slow to cross the median and come up behind me.

I knew it was me (I was the only one on the road !) and I proceeded to pull over and wait. He pulled up behind me, comes up to the door and asks for my license and registration.

At about that time, he notices my white lab coat on the passenger seat, and asks where i work and what I do. I told him trauma and ER and he proceeds to hand my stuff back and say "Hell, I can't give you a ticket, you may work on me someday !"

I thank him profusely, tell him I hope to meet him only on a cordial basis in the hospital and go on my way. In 5 years, I've gotten off 3 other tickets for the exact same reason. Do these guys have nightmares of me coming toward them with a urinary catheter ?

In all honesty, it helps to be contrite, apologetic and level headed in these situations. I try not to speed on a regular basis, and more often than not, it is absent mindedness that gets me nabbed. I do not own a radar detector and have a clean record...

I see the net effects of reckless behavior on a daily basis and do not believe I am invincible.

Old 01-21-2004, 07:19 PM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
I'm going shopping for a lab coat!

Old 01-21-2004, 07:25 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by MJC123
I'm going shopping for a lab coat!

Old 01-21-2004, 07:39 PM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by RufMD
I was driving home the other morning, clipping along on a nearly empty 2 lane highway and noticed I was doing 92 in a 65 mph zone. At about that time, a State Trooper coming in the opposite direction appeared over a crest and the game was up. He put his lights on and started to slow to cross the median and come up behind me.

I knew it was me (I was the only one on the road !) and I proceeded to pull over and wait. He pulled up behind me, comes up to the door and asks for my license and registration.

At about that time, he notices my white lab coat on the passenger seat, and asks where i work and what I do. I told him trauma and ER and he proceeds to hand my stuff back and say "Hell, I can't give you a ticket, you may work on me someday !"

I thank him profusely, tell him I hope to meet him only on a cordial basis in the hospital and go on my way. In 5 years, I've gotten off 3 other tickets for the exact same reason. Do these guys have nightmares of me coming toward them with a urinary catheter ?

In all honesty, it helps to be contrite, apologetic and level headed in these situations. I try not to speed on a regular basis, and more often than not, it is absent mindedness that gets me nabbed. I do not own a radar detector and have a clean record...

I see the net effects of reckless behavior on a daily basis and do not believe I am invincible.
Very well said DOC!

Old 01-21-2004, 08:12 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"When there is inclement weather and you are passing people and sliding sideways that could be considered reckless driving."

LOL, ya think?

Old 01-21-2004, 08:38 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Dr. Ruff, pick up a Valentine One and you would have picked up that trooper and had a chance to slow down before he could get a speed read on you...It's much more relaxing driving at higher speeds with one... :-) Perhaps the cop was afraid of a chest tube. I hear they are real painful!!!

Old 01-21-2004, 08:56 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Someone should start a 6Speeder man of the year poll.
Buddy will have to be 1st coice on the list!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The BUDMAN has another brush with the LAW!