996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The BUDMAN has another brush with the LAW!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 04:37 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Unhappy The BUDMAN has another brush with the LAW!

Okay,

So I am on my way to the Detroit Auto Show and there is a ton of snow on the side streets. Traffic gets way backed up on the interstate so I hope off and begin going through the side streets. Snow plows have not come through and the snow is 8 inches deep. Well I am doing my best impression of Colin McRae in the Scooby and I come upon some lady white knuckled going about 5 mph. So I pass her on the right and I am drifting the sucker sideways and up comes a stop sign. I hit the binders and slide sideways to a stop. Lo and behold who is at the intersection watching all this?? The boys in blue!

The cop motions for me to go and I motion for him to go. The cop again motions for me to go so I do and sure enough he turns right behind me and pulls me over.

"Do you know why I pulled you over?" I said "No". He says "When there is inclement weather and you are passing people and sliding sideways that could be considered reckless driving. License, registration and insurance please."

I am thinking you know this is a really bad year for me I don't really want to put on the custom bracelets again! Cop says "How is your driving record?" I say "Not bad I don't think I have many points (true)". He says "When was the last time you had a ticket" I said "It has been awhile (true remember I never got a ticket in Texas!) He says "In this car?" I said "No" He says "What car?" I say "Porsche 911 turbo". He says "You have nice taste in cars, slow it down." He then gives me my stuff back and I am free to go.

What a sweet cop!

BREAKING THE LAW, BREAKING THE LAW!

Old 01-21-2004, 05:47 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
If he was a 6speeder he would have asked you for your autograph.

Old 01-21-2004, 06:54 AM
drbill is infamous around these parts
buddy, no offense but it sounds like you take pleasure out of breaking the law! personally, having a family full of law enforcement and playing a integral role in the police surgeon benevolent association in NY these stories are becoming redundant. also not a great influence on the large amount of younger "new drivers" on our board...

Old 01-21-2004, 09:08 AM
JamE55 is infamous around these parts
Guess moral of buddmans story is if you get pulled over and have good taste in cars they'll let you go free?! lol!!

Old 01-21-2004, 09:14 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Hmmmm......good thing you sent the beast to Arizona for the Winter to rest up......I guess the myth about red cars may be true. They draw too much attention from the men in blue.

Old 01-21-2004, 09:28 AM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
I think the moral of the story is to always be polite and respectful of the LAW...

maybe you'll get lucky

Old 01-21-2004, 09:41 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
I was doing about 70 last night on an empty road when a cop just comes flying up w/ it's lights on. He pulls to the side of me and gets on the loud speaker and tells me i'm lucky cause he just got a call. My heart stopped beating for a few seconds

Old 01-21-2004, 09:53 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Dr. Bill, I think you are giving to much credit to buddy for influencing "younger board members" to drive in a less than law abiding way. I think people who have Porsche's are more than capable of driving the way they choose to w/o undue influence from other board members...

Buddy, how is drifting in the snow with the Scooby??? Must be a blast!!!!

Last edited by rockitman; 01-21-2004 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:17 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Buddy!! I dunno you but you ROX!!!

Old 01-21-2004, 10:31 AM
Garey Cooper is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down Just a small point

"I come upon some lady white knuckled so I passed her on the right". But YOU got to go the auto show!

I wonder if this lady was someone's mother, sister, daughter, wife? I also wonder in general about being passed by a drifting car in deep snow on the right?

Buddy, just my small point but running away from the law at high speed on an open day...hey you took a chance and it was only about you and not endangering others. So an amusing story and no harm done except to your driving record.

BUT on a city street with snow and others possibly around around? You don't get points from me on this one man. Sorry I don't know any of the current kiddie words like "ROX" or "SICK" to cap this story off with.

I think it's very funny to see people with $140K cars trying to talk "ghetto" whatever that is anyway.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:01 AM
02TT_87GNX is infamous around these parts
Re: Just a small point

Originally posted by Garey Cooper

I think it's very funny to see people with $140K cars trying to talk "ghetto" whatever that is anyway.

There are ebonics dictionaries which cover many of the new ghetto words used in todays english language.

Amazon has one http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Old 01-21-2004, 11:14 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Its sad to say but they will catch up with you sooner or later, then it will be a big headache.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:18 AM
drbill is infamous around these parts
Re: Just a small point

Originally posted by Garey Cooper
"I come upon some lady white knuckled so I passed her on the right". But YOU got to go the auto show!

I wonder if this lady was someone's mother, sister, daughter, wife? I also wonder in general about being passed by a drifting car in deep snow on the right?

Buddy, just my small point but running away from the law at high speed on an open day...hey you took a chance and it was only about you and not endangering others. So an amusing story and no harm done except to your driving record.

BUT on a city street with snow and others possibly around around? You don't get points from me on this one man. Sorry I don't know any of the current kiddie words like "ROX" or "SICK" to cap this story off with.

well said.

Old 01-21-2004, 02:40 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Man some of you guys get your panties in such a bunch. I did not do anything to endanger this lady. She was going way too slow for the conditions. I safely passed her and then continued playing in the snow.

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!

Old 01-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Re: The BUDMAN has another brush with the LAW!

Originally posted by buddyg
Okay,

BREAKING THE LAW, BREAKING THE LAW!

Yo, Budman. You a fan of Judas Priest?
I see you like "Stripes" as well.
Maybe your exploit here sounds worse than it was. Personally, I have seen someone going too slow being more of a danger than a speeder. It should be difficult for any of us to pass jugement without having been there. You do seem to have your fair share of misadventures though. Hopefully, they all turn out with no one or their cars being harmed and the worse thing is a few bucks in fines.

Last edited by Red Devil; 01-21-2004 at 04:57 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The BUDMAN has another brush with the LAW!