996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Looks like the 996 TT is hitting rock bottom prices...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 01:48 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by iLLM3
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT BULL**** These cars are so damm rare, how could there even be more then one example on there especially at that price, damm. Where are these cars located and how can i pick one up then LOL!
Yes, exactly. These cars are seen few and far between. i would be almost positive that there are no GT2's going for under $100K. they are too rare, and too fast and too much of an enthusiast car to have value drop like that. i mean how many were made in 2004? i think the number i read was 24. thats real rare and will keep values up for a long time to come.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:16 PM
msb2tg996 is infamous around these parts
i say buy it and don't look back, people should be buying cars for fun and not for investment.
buy used and enjoy driving it and don't look at how much it's gone down but how many times it gives you a smile when the boost hits!!!!

Old 09-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rajtt
Phoenix, you do have to be a licensed dealer to be registered with Manheim and be privy to this information.
Thanks Raj. Sincerely appreciate the info.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:37 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
omg.. this is cray !*@*$*@ wwhy are the prices so low?!?!? i thought i got a good deal on my 4S, but these prices are ridiculous

Old 09-05-2006, 03:18 PM
MWEELS is infamous around these parts
I find it helarious that so many people see value in currency when it comes to car. Its still the same car.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Banned
srt10viper is infamous around these parts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Faast996TT
So far srt10viper has a total of 9 posts on this site and more than half of them are about how 996TT's are taking a nosedive. Odd?

Thanks for the useful info. In fact, I was thinking of waiting for these to hit $50k and pick up a real bargain....but, then I was thinking it would probably hit $30k when the 998TT comes out, so I better wait.
Since I have ONLY 9 posts on here don't worry about reading my info. When you see my name on a post, DON'T READ IT!!! A lot of people on the board is in denial about the prices of our 996TT's. I was giving this info to help out other members so they don't get F*&$ed when they go to buy a car. I guess you are just a selfish A$$ and would like to see everyone get screwed.

Sorry to everyone who I gave a bit of reality on prices for these cars. As for all the PM's I received good luck on buying and finding your cars.

There is always one bad apple in the bunch to F it up for everyone else....

Old 09-05-2006, 07:48 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by srt10viper
2003 GT2's are going for $75,000 with 28K miles and up to $91,000 with 8K miles.
Dream on dude. Do you even know what a Gt2 is? Some dealers claim the car they are selling is a Gt2 until you take a closer look and WTF!!! A sunroof, hey a backseat, hey steel brakes, heated seats, a nav system, 295 rear tires. Post one of those so called '03 Gt2's for 75k. Hell, find a genuine Gt2 for less than 100k at any mileage. Get real.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:59 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
who gives a sh#t about prices, except those buying and those who are worried about what they bought..

"prices are dropping oh no!" lol cars are not investments

Also these are auction prices

I hate these "911 turbo price" posts, it will keep going down dont worry about it, you gonna keep updating us every month?

Old 09-05-2006, 08:04 PM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Why would the poster want to misrepresent the price of these cars?

Don't forget Porsche produced a ton of 996TT's and now that the 997 is out you can expect huge depreciation. Porsche is in the mass marketing of premium sport cars. Resale value is the least of their concern.

Enjoy what you have and try to ignore the cratering of the value of your car. It comes with the territiory when you buy a Porsche.

BTW, has anyone looked at the resale and new price of the greatest Porsche of them all; the CGT?

Old 09-05-2006, 08:19 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by nberry
Why would the poster want to misrepresent the price of these cars?

Don't forget Porsche produced a ton of 996TT's and now that the 997 is out you can expect huge depreciation. Porsche is in the mass marketing of premium sport cars. Resale value is the least of their concern.

Enjoy what you have and try to ignore the cratering of the value of your car. It comes with the territiory when you buy a Porsche.

BTW, has anyone looked at the resale and new price of the greatest Porsche of them all; the CGT?
Why do u always have to come on here and criticize the value of Porsche's? You think the f430 is gonna hold value well when they make 20,000+ of them, . give me a break man. it goes back to the golden rule, if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Prior to my 2001 TT I had a vt roadster lambo and a 360 F car... I still have my TT and just sank another $70K in tuning.... If I was worried about prices and depreciation I would get some property instead. Enjoy what you have- some guys gamble or "blow" the money away... we spend it on cars... If I had another chance I would not change a thing.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-05-2006, 08:22 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
He's talking about Dealer's auction prices, not private or retail..I dont think the resale is affected
on the retail side..If an '01 996TT sells for 65-75K at the dealer, then no doubt it is in the 50's at the auction.. problem is you have to asked a broker,like me haha
to bring you to the dealers auction, cause you cant go in there without a dealer's license, and whoever brings you inthere, have to put some profit over the selling price at least $1000-$2000 over.. but what he posted as auction price is very accurate.. problem is when you go to the auction you will definitely see wholesale pricing but it;s hard to find what you are really looking for, plus you will be competing with big dealers,with deep pockets on bidding.. so if you have a budget it's a good place to go but they would definitely overbid you.. just my .02 cents
I will be going to the next Porsche sale at the auction and i will relay some info..

Old 09-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
Okay GT-2 with 6k miles on it is going for 142k...fully loaded and in seal grey... Secondly for the TURBO S... First off on production numbers....

CGT-1300 or something... The Turbo S only made in 05... under 400 coupes and under 600 cabs... World Wide... They just sold a coupe for over 135K with 25k+ miles on her... and it wasnt even fully loaded with sports seats and so fourth... My car is a cab Turbo S when it had 15k the dealer still offered me 125k... The exact same amount as when i had 3k on the car... The Turbo S, any X50 and a GT2 model are the rare turbos... but 50k for a TURBo...how much water damage does it have.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:40 PM
wachuko is infamous around these parts
Cool

I bought my car last last month (August 25, 2006).

The car: 2002 Seal Grey Metallic 996TT with 49,497 miles. Graphite Grey Full Leather interior. 6-Speed. Completely stock. - US$62,500.00 (US$67.5k out the door after Tax, Tag, Title). The car was purchased in Porsche of Orlando, Maitland, Florida.

Option list is short as the car is pretty much a standard item:
Y29 - Aluminum/Chrome X71,X70,X54
XSC - Porsche Crest in Headrest
M6P - Graphite Grey Floor Mat
C02 - U.S. Standard/Emissions
696 - AM/FM Radio with CD Player
982 - Supple Leather Front and Rear

45k miles service was done.
4 New Michelin Pilot Sport tires
Fully detailed
Full tank of gas
Porsche Certified Pre-Own Warranty (2years/100k miles)
New set of floor mats
New battery
Battery Tender
60K service and brake fluid flush (this is around US$1,600.00 service at the dealer)

Attached Images    

Last edited by wachuko; 09-05-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:40 PM
aj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by srt10viper
Since I have ONLY 9 posts on here don't worry about reading my info. When you see my name on a post, DON'T READ IT!!! A lot of people on the board is in denial about the prices of our 996TT's. I was giving this info to help out other members so they don't get F*&$ed when they go to buy a car. I guess you are just a selfish A$$ and would like to see everyone get screwed.

Sorry to everyone who I gave a bit of reality on prices for these cars. As for all the PM's I received good luck on buying and finding your cars.

There is always one bad apple in the bunch to F it up for everyone else....
Well, bro, I don't care what you post, as long as it isn't mean or illegal. I consider the cost of playing to be greater than the cost of this car. I buy these cars as a reward to myself and I buy them for my enjoyment. I knew that Porsche Turbos would tank when I bought my first one, and I knew that they HAVE TANKED when I bought my second one.

If someone has to pinch the pennies and buy these cars based on a potential future value, they need to sit on the sidelines. This is different from buying pre-owned based on current value; we're talking about people who want or need to jump in and out and not be upside-down. I'm not trying to come off as a big "player", but these cars are toys, not necessities, and people shouldn't use risk capital to fund this hobby.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looks like the 996 TT is hitting rock bottom prices...