996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

HELP: Shipping car to France Round Trip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 05:06 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
HELP: Shipping car to France Round Trip

In preperation for the Gumball I am in the process of locating a Shipping Company. I must say this is getting hard.

I have gotten many quotes and looks like $6K minimum and 2-4 weeks delivery.

If anyone has any companies I could speak with I would be greatful.

thanks,

Fred

Old 01-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Fred, O/T, but how much is Gumball, and what kind of car do you have to have to join? Will it be in the US next year?

I am guessing your quotes are comming from places that will ship your car, if so, it might be cheeper to send the car to NY, and then ship it from there, because the boat ride would be reduced dramitacally.

Old 01-21-2004, 05:16 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
that's a good point. I guess I need to find a good Agent who can look into all possibilities. If shipping gets too expensive I might find other alternatives. I am actually contacting rental companies in Paris for luxury cars ;-)
I am either thinking of my TT or Cayenne.

Gumball for new entries is $13+K withouth flights to Europe. You do get food and lodging.

thanks,
fred

Old 01-21-2004, 05:18 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Fred,
Where is the $6K shipment from? It may make some sense to hook up with another Gumballer from your area so that you can rent an entire container. I know it is less expensive from NY. I believe it would take $1800 to ship by enclosed carrier to NY from you. If you can get a better deal from NY, maybe the sum will save some $$ over your method.
I may be shipping my car to Europe in te coming year and I am interested in this as well.

Old 01-21-2004, 07:32 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
if you "rent" a car, be sure to buy the extra insurance...

Old 01-21-2004, 07:51 PM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Fred

Give either me or Erik a call on Thursday or PM Me here. I think we can help you. We have alot of experience in Import and Export (Naturally).

By the way tracked your shipment. Cayenne Goodies will be there
friday

Herhel@Cargraphic

Old 01-21-2004, 08:01 PM
GREAT! Thanks so much. I will definetly call you as I do want to ship either my Cargraphics Cayenne or EVO TT ;-)

Old 01-21-2004, 08:03 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
I'm w/ KPV. There HAS to be a handfull or so of other people shipping cars out there. I think you can fit up to 3 cars in a container.

Old 01-21-2004, 08:08 PM
I will contact Gumball and ask how many entries are coming out of the U.S. If so where are they, can I contact them or can you send us a company that will handle shipping. Unfortunately Gumball right now does not seem to have a good reference. I called one company and they havn't been to responsive.

thanks

Old 01-21-2004, 08:10 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
best of luck bro

Are you just counting down the days? I expect you to go all out this year considering you'll have no legal problems to come home to

Old 01-21-2004, 08:27 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Insurance Insurance Insurance!!! Make real sure that you have a copy of their ocean cargo policy and that you are named on the policy as loss payee/additional insured. That would be an endorsement to their policy and they would need to have their insurance broker send you a "Certificate of Insurance" showing the car, value and you named as loss payee and additional insured. You want to know the perils of loss insured against and the deductible if applicable. When you spend that much money to ship...and you get a run around or a don't worry, your covered...your probably dealing with the wrong people. Any legitimate shipping business should be able to provide you what I outlined above with no trouble. I used to be in the insurance business writing large business and commercial transportation risks, so I am giving you some good advice. Best of luck Fred!!!!

Old 01-30-2004, 12:18 AM
TXGreenLambo is infamous around these parts
We're interested too in shipping one (maybe two) cars from the west coast. Fred, have you tried Andy Parker @ Maersk Logistics, UK LTD +44 1394614618? If you are going to go w/ Cargraphics could you PM me with the details?

What have you found so far regarding rentals in Europe? Last year we ran the white X50 w/ the Escalade EXT as the support vehicle (spare tires/parts, luggage, etc..). We are trying to figure out if we can rent a support vehicle (SUVish, maybe cayenne, merc/audi wagon?) this year or if we are going to have to ship one from the states. Does anyone know of the restrictions rental companies in France put on travel? Would we be able to drive from France through Spain to Morrocco?

Old 01-31-2004, 01:01 AM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
No rental company will allow any car to cross over into Africa.

Most companies don't even allow you to bring a BMWs or a Mercedes into Italy because that is one short boat ride away from Africa. And the car is never to be seen again....

In 2002 I tried to rent a Ferrari 360 to drive from Germany through Austria into Italy and back, taking the Brenner Autobahn through the Alps which has the greatest turns and almost no traffic. Could not find a 360 for that trip.

Then I tried to find a 996. No luck.

My wife suggested an SL 500. No luck there.

We ended up driving a Golf VR 6. Bottom line is: No BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari for cross country trips.

Old 01-31-2004, 06:36 PM
boston 7777 is infamous around these parts
I would rent a car.. less headache

Old 01-31-2004, 06:47 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
buy a GT3, take Euro Delivery, then sell it when you get back. The depreciation probably won't be much more than the 6k of shipping costs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP: Shipping car to France Round Trip