996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Got an 04' X50!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 04:02 PM
kiko is infamous around these parts
Please take that car to a detailer ASAP and have them clean (remove)the SH#$ they used on the dash, center console and steering to get a shiny look. Porsche clearly stated that the leathers used on the dash are specifically dried and you should NOT use such products. The car looks wonderful but the interior looks like its 100k miles.

Last edited by kiko; 09-06-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:04 PM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
kiko, car will be going straight to my detailer the day it arrives here in Chicago

-Awais

Old 09-06-2006, 04:49 PM
X50DAN is infamous around these parts
Yes and no..........

Originally Posted by O-Ace
Will this suspension setup really be a noticeable improvement on the street? I have no plans of tracking the car.

-Awais
If you're just going to "putz" around, not much difference 'cause ride quality isn't degraded (in fact, I think it's better). But if you're out on back country roads or simply "getting it on" through high speed turns/twisties anywhere, there's a HUGE difference!! Again, expert "dialing in" is the key. The famous oversteer, body roll and body flex will be gone. 'Car will track like it's on rails and you can turn PSM off. BTW, tires are important, too.

Also BTW, haven't tracked my car either. Have fun!!

Old 09-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the info Dan. I have the PSS9's on my M3 and love em, so I'll most likely end up getting the PSS9s for the 996TT as well. Btw, is the PSS9 kit for the 996TT a lot different from the PSS9 kit for the M3? There's a decent difference in price and I'm curious as to why (probably due to price difference in M3 and 996TT )

-Awais

Old 09-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
Congrats man, you seem very excited about your new purchase, as would I be! Enjoy it in good health!

Old 09-06-2006, 05:03 PM
X50DAN is infamous around these parts
Dunno........

Thanks for the info Dan. I have the PSS9's on my M3 and love em, so I'll most likely end up getting the PSS9s for the 996TT as well. Btw, is the PSS9 kit for the 996TT a lot different from the PSS9 kit for the M3? There's a decent difference in price and I'm curious as to why (probably due to price difference in M3 and 996TT )

-Awais
'Don't own an M3 so can't answer your price or difference question ('have the Dinan Stage 3 on my M5). Really can't overempathize getting an expert Porsche indy shop/Bilstien dealer/installer for modding the suspension on your car. They'll know which appropriate components to get and how to dial it in to suit YOUR needs. And with an indy shop dealer/installer, you can negotiate a "package price" for all your mods.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:47 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
X73 is Porsche's sport suspension which includes shocks and springs. The ride height is not adjustable. I chose to avoid PSS9s due to the limited travel which causes the car to ride on the bump stops. This info is on the forum. I have not tried PSS9s so I can only comment on what I've read. Funny thing is that the X73 has Bilstein shocks. It's designed by Porsche so I felt more comfortable with it.

Old 09-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Where can I get the X73 suspension?

Old 09-06-2006, 07:49 PM
willcoxmd is infamous around these partswillcoxmd is infamous around these parts
I agree with x50Dan. I have an X50. I went with:
- JIC Cross suspension: I love it! the handling is nuts and it looks awesome. They are also adjustable. Oh, also quite comfortable
- The EVO upgrades are either Stage 1,3, 4 or higher. I went with stage 4 and love it. Night and day difference in performance. I would do stage 3 at a minimum with your x50. Also consider upgrading the wastegate springs. I had a hard time holding boost pressure. I upgraded the hoses and the springs and she holds 1.2 Bar with no problem.
- I did the B&M shorty shifter and really like it

Good luck with the mods! Your car looks beautiful. love the black

Old 09-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Samiz7 is infamous around these parts
Congratulations on a gorgeous car....

Old 09-06-2006, 09:36 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
BIG CONGRATS, ive been loving all of the Black 996TT's popping up around here, car is beautiful man!

First off, as everyone said dont skimp out on suspension, X73 euro suspension is great, not a slammed or real low ride height but enough, springs on stock shocks im relaly not a fan of but not horrible! Best bet is doing it all and getting it out of the way IMO, nice set of coilovers and swaybars, at least just the coilovers!

B+M short shifter has given me no problems, not sure which version it is though!

And last but not least, nothing wrong with Misha's wings or the GT2 add on , there wont be a noticeable stability problem at higher speeds, at least that i have felt ever!

Old 09-06-2006, 09:50 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Where can I get the X73 suspension?
Your Porsche dealership or anyone who carries OEM Porsche parts and products.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
BIG CONGRATS, ive been loving all of the Black 996TT's popping up around here, car is beautiful man!

First off, as everyone said dont skimp out on suspension, X73 euro suspension is great, not a slammed or real low ride height but enough, springs on stock shocks im relaly not a fan of but not horrible! Best bet is doing it all and getting it out of the way IMO, nice set of coilovers and swaybars, at least just the coilovers!

B+M short shifter has given me no problems, not sure which version it is though!

And last but not least, nothing wrong with Misha's wings or the GT2 add on , there wont be a noticeable stability problem at higher speeds, at least that i have felt ever!
Thanks! I'll probably just go with the PSS9s since that's what I have on the M3 and I love it! I sent a PM to Tom@Brandywine regarding the Porsche short-shift kit. What kind of wing do you have on your car?

-Awais

Old 09-06-2006, 11:50 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Thanks! I'll probably just go with the PSS9s since that's what I have on the M3 and I love it! I sent a PM to Tom@Brandywine regarding the Porsche short-shift kit. What kind of wing do you have on your car?

-Awais
CF GT2 wing

Old 09-07-2006, 01:13 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Do your homework. I have to agree that Pss9s ride on the bumpstops...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got an 04' X50!