996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Got an 04' X50!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 01:03 AM
spidey is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by O-Ace
Is sharky's shop near by? I would have def. had him check out the car before I finalized the purchase if I knew he was right there. At this point, I don't think I can have any mods done since I'm wiring the funds tomorrow and they won't release the car until they have 100% of the funds. The car gets picked up on Saturday so not really much time for mods.

-Awais
you would be surprised at what sharkey can do in 2 days ......

BTW: Oakland to sharkey's shop is less than 1/2 hr away......(and thats a whole lot closer than the car they did (GT700) that got shipped to Poland over the summer....)

Old 09-08-2006, 01:21 AM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BOYRACER
Awais give me a call and I will try to guide you locally! Very glad you joined the p-car club. Now its time to get you to the track
Thanks Mo! You live right across the street from my condo...we should get together soon

Old 09-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by Red C5
Congrats Awais. Instead of shipping it home you should send it over to Sharkwerks first for a few tasteful modifications. You know it won't be stock for long. BTW, looks great.

-Peter
Thanks Peter! I honestly didn't know Sharky was so close by or I would have sent it to him. At this point, transport's already scheduled and I'm really impatient and can't wait till it gets here

Old 09-08-2006, 01:24 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Thanks for the quick responses. What is considered really low?

Please measure from the highest part of the fender opening to the floor..

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 09-08-2006 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Just ordered the GT2 add-on wing I'll have some mods ready for it by the time it gets here hehe

Old 09-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Sorry ACE! Didn't mean to hijack your thread..

Old 09-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
Paint it Seal Grey and forget all the other mods - goes much faster when Seal Grey - just kidding !!!! Looks great ... anticipation .... ENJOY !!!

Old 09-09-2006, 03:06 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
Paint it Seal Grey and forget all the other mods - goes much faster when Seal Grey - just kidding !!!! Looks great ... anticipation .... ENJOY !!!
Just when i was considering a sick deal i got on a black 996tt or gt2 also! I am spoiled by Seal Grey

Old 09-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
LOL...the wait is painful! Car left the dealership earlier this morning...5 more painful days of waiting

-Awais

Old 09-09-2006, 03:09 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats.Very nice clean car. Hey do you still run racingflix.com? I was a premier member for awhile.

Old 09-09-2006, 03:24 PM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
you all realize that mike shaw (mashaw) ripped off the 9ff wing...and even sells it for the same amount!

the least he could do is use his "own" picture.

http://shop.eurocarboutique.com/996_...ng_P127C58.cfm

/picks up the phone to call lawyer/

PSS9s are great...however, I find them a bit too soft in the rear for my liking. Rear weight bias demands a stiffer rear spring IMO

SKip the strut towers, the TT front tub is plenty stiff. Sways are a definite and will make night and day diff.

Last edited by ECB; 09-09-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:26 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Nothing wrong with misha's wing ( I had one before switching to the oem aerokit), looks wise. Just be aware that it is not AD the same as a real GT2 wing (different ht/angle of attack/wdth). Porsche spent a ton of cash on RD with the aerokit and GT2 with matching front lips/bumpers, can't really mix and match and avoid high speed intability. Aftermarket guys just can't test like the factory can. Be sure you have the proper front lip, but if you never hit the track, it's all bling and doesn't matter.
As far as the x73, it is porsches competition euro suspension designed for your car. Mine never once bottomed out, pss9's are kind of a 1 size fits all deal. But like you said, if you never hit the track probably all academic anyway. enjoy your car, looks nice.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Congrats.Very nice clean car. Hey do you still run racingflix.com? I was a premier member for awhile.
Yea, I still run it. Expect more 996TT videos on there hehe

-Awais

Old 09-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Car came in last night, and it is silly fast even stock! I can't imagine how quick it's gonna be with a few mods

-Awais

Old 09-14-2006, 11:29 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Sky is the limit on these Turbos. I ran my M3 with friend's newly upgrade Evo600 and he pulled on me like I was going backward. Crazy....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got an 04' X50!