996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Who gets dibs on these cheap 996tts at auctions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 11:13 AM
sshu930 is infamous around these parts
Hmm...what do you guys think about getting a used car dealer license mostly for leisure reasons? If you are a person who buys and sells 2-3 cars per year, would it make sense to get a used car dealer license so you have access to car auctions, avoid paying sales tax, registration, etc. You could sell an occasional car to offset some of the insurance, licensing fees, etc. I know very little about getting or maintaining a license so if anyone could shed any light on this subject, that would be great.

Thanks,

Old 09-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
i use to have a dealer license..SO MUCH COOLer... get a dealer plate...you can then drive ANY CAR on the road...you want to drive a Radical 3...as long as its got lights on it your good to go...

but back on subject..

Who can get me a Turbo for under 70k... let me know...

Old 09-12-2006, 05:00 PM
kbliew is infamous around these parts
Sounds like a plan, i'm in for this

Originally Posted by sshu930
Hmm...what do you guys think about getting a used car dealer license mostly for leisure reasons? If you are a person who buys and sells 2-3 cars per year, would it make sense to get a used car dealer license so you have access to car auctions, avoid paying sales tax, registration, etc. You could sell an occasional car to offset some of the insurance, licensing fees, etc. I know very little about getting or maintaining a license so if anyone could shed any light on this subject, that would be great.

Thanks,

Old 09-12-2006, 05:06 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr
i use to have a dealer license..SO MUCH COOLer... get a dealer plate...you can then drive ANY CAR on the road...you want to drive a Radical 3...as long as its got lights on it your good to go...

but back on subject..

Go on e-bay or autotrader. There are many.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:07 PM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
check your state regs. to get a dealer licence in MA you have to have a lot of a certain size, and a building w/ an office...and there are a ton of other hoops to jump through, not to mention pretty large fees. Dealer plates are also very expensive these days, especially the insurance.

beyond that the auctions are smart enough to weed out this type of fake business by requiring you to send them pictures of your facility and advertisements in local papers, phonebooks, etc... If it were easy and cheap there would be many many people all over it.

dw

Old 09-12-2006, 05:37 PM
sshu930 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DAVE W
check your state regs. to get a dealer licence in MA you have to have a lot of a certain size, and a building w/ an office...and there are a ton of other hoops to jump through, not to mention pretty large fees. Dealer plates are also very expensive these days, especially the insurance.

beyond that the auctions are smart enough to weed out this type of fake business by requiring you to send them pictures of your facility and advertisements in local papers, phonebooks, etc... If it were easy and cheap there would be many many people all over it.

dw
Thanks for the info. I'm located in Ca. From what I found, you could be a 'autobroker' Here is the defininition by the DMV,

Autobroker Provide the service of arranging, negotiating, assisting, or effectuating,
for a fee or compensation, the purchase of a new or used vehicle, not
owned by the dealer, for a person(s).

An autobroker does not need a lot but they do need a office. I would have an acutal used car buisness going but it would just be a low volume one with minimal profits. I have my own buisness which I could have a dedicated small room for this buisness. It does seem like there are a bunch of hoops to jump like getting a city license, resale permit, etc. What kind of insurance costs can be expected? I might take one of those dealer classes to learn more about it.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:44 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I too have been looking into this and in Fl and AZ, you need a specific size lot with room for several cars etc. I am not sure that an Auto Broker can purchse cars at an auction. You might want to look into this.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by charleysung
There's no need to look to auctions and buy sigh unseen. If you have patience, there are so many good deals from private buyers on TTs these days. I just bought my 2001 TT with 13K miles, loaded with options, including nav and full carbon fiber, mint condition with extended warranty for $69k.
Well said Charley.

Good things come to those who wait.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:08 PM
rajtt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr

but back on subject..

Please check the link in my signature! Thanks.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Can't wait for them to drop into my range.

Old 09-13-2006, 01:12 AM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
CAR DEALER IN CALI = DRIVE ANY DAM CAR YOU WANT NO HASSLE..

WORTH EVERY PENNY if you got some crazy sick rides.. hehe

Old 09-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Will Party for Food!!!!
Jeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLM3
PM sent also, i doubt GT2's are anywhere to be found though
Replied, everyone who PMed me should have recieved an email with the auction data they requested!

Jeremy

Old 09-14-2006, 12:16 AM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
Damn!
I'm glad i sold mine when i did.

It's unreal u can get a 911 turbo in the $50's. This means alot more will be seen. Which could be a good thing. I love seeing porsche's on the road!

Old 09-14-2006, 09:43 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
wow.. these are pretty cheap

Old 09-14-2006, 12:45 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Replied, everyone who PMed me should have recieved an email with the auction data they requested!

Jeremy
Thanks again Jeremy, i have a rep letting me know about those Oakley's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who gets dibs on these cheap 996tts at auctions?