996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Who gets dibs on these cheap 996tts at auctions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 01:16 AM
TotalledA993TT is infamous around these parts
Who gets dibs on these cheap 996tts at auctions?

A recent post said 2001s are selling in the $50s at the Manheim auctions. Can any licensed dealer in any state buy from this auction? Can he buy--sight unseen--remotely and ship the car home? I have friends who are dealers. Can I hand them the money which they spend at the auction, or must they buy the car themselves then immediately sell it to me?

I'm guessing this MUST be one of such $50k'ish turbos:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 09-11-2006, 02:12 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TotalledA993TT
A recent post said 2001s are selling in the $50s at the Manheim auctions. Can any licensed dealer in any state buy from this auction? Can he buy--sight unseen--remotely and ship the car home? I have friends who are dealers. Can I hand them the money which they spend at the auction, or must they buy the car themselves then immediately sell it to me?

I'm guessing this MUST be one of such $50k'ish turbos:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...QQcmdZViewItem
Man, it makes me so sad seeing these go so low Anyway, that car is IMMACULATE and definitely a good buy, even for 70k!

Old 09-11-2006, 08:10 AM
StrokedViper is infamous around these parts
Not near as good a buy as it is at 64K.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:04 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Martin that car is 6 model years old. It isnt really that cheap all things considered. It seems likea good price for a 6 year old car.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:25 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by StrokedViper
Not near as good a buy as it is at 64K.
Or the Viper's you can get in the 30's too jkjk

Old 09-11-2006, 11:48 AM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
You have to be a manheim member. Any licenced dealer can join if they pay the membership fee and regular dues. You can buy on the net sight unseen, but the risk is huge. Remember these are dealer to dealer auctions...dealers only send cars they can't sell themselves at retail, many are very abused or otherwise undesirable. Some are cherries, but its rare and you have to inspect them close to know...you don't get a test drive or a pre inspection. Its often worth paying a little more to a dealer who already took this risk and where you can really check out the car. Last thing you want is a problem child out of warranty...

-dw

Old 09-11-2006, 12:07 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DAVE W
...you don't get a test drive or a pre inspection. Its often worth paying a little more to a dealer who already took this risk and where you can really check out the car. Last thing you want is a problem child out of warranty...

-dw
Not true....1)-first of all they DO tell you if there's something wrong with the car even if it's a painted bumper....2)-You DO get a warrenty which i think is good for 30 days in which you can always get a post purchase inspection
So to say not to buy these cars is BS...I know several top delears that buy cars at these auctions only to turn around and sell them at a GOOD PROFIT......

Last edited by quick; 09-11-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:20 PM
BLKM3 is infamous around these parts
Old 09-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Will Party for Food!!!!
Jeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quick
Not true....1)-first of all they DO tell you if there's something wrong with the car even if it's a painted bumper....2)-You DO get a warrenty which i think is good for 30 days in which you can always get a post purchase inspection
So to say not to buy these cars is BS...I know several top delears that buy cars at these auctions only to turn around and sell them at a GOOD PROFIT......
Everything you said there is false. The only thing that needs to be disclosed is reflected on the title -- salvage, flood, etc. They DO NOT have to disclose paint or bodywork. Furthermore, post purchase inspections are only available under certain conditions and must be part of the terms of purchase, which it usually isn't. I have been to the auctions personally and know from experience.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:33 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Everything you said there is false. The only thing that needs to be disclosed is reflected on the title -- salvage, flood, etc. They DO NOT have to disclose paint or bodywork. Furthermore, post purchase inspections are only available under certain conditions and must be part of the terms of purchase, which it usually isn't. I have been to the auctions personally and know from experience.
How much could I get an '02 or '03 turbo(non x-50) for right now? How much could i get the same years x-50 for? Both coupes of course.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Another 'Cheap" TT $57K even with the miles is a great deal... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...29285300QQrdZ1

Old 09-11-2006, 01:31 PM
ezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond repute
You have to figure the tips are cheaper than thew MTs by at least a couple k.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:15 PM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
I have been going to auctions for many years...what I wrote is very true and based on personal experience. There is no post sale inspection or warranty of any type for these cars, unless you work something out with the seller before hand...which is very unlikely. I also never said not to buy them...I have bought many. All I said was buying one sight unseen through the web is very risky, and you may want to pay a little more and pass some of the risk along. If you have the experience and know what you are looking at you can weed out the rats in the presale visual inspection...but otherwise your on your own.

dw

Old 09-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Will Party for Food!!!!
Jeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
How much could I get an '02 or '03 turbo(non x-50) for right now? How much could i get the same years x-50 for? Both coupes of course.
Send me a PM and I will get you the data tomorrow.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Send me a PM and I will get you the data tomorrow.
PM sent also, i doubt GT2's are anywhere to be found though

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who gets dibs on these cheap 996tts at auctions?