996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tuners in the Washington, D.C., Maryland, Northern VA, area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 10:49 PM
All Mack is infamous around these parts
Ivan Arzola at IMA in Fairfax is a PCA Potomac sponsor and quite good. 703-849-9590

Old 09-16-2006, 11:42 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Street
Every Friday - Chick-Fil-A Cruise In Sterling, VA - Cruise-In each Friday night at Chick-fil-A in the Dulles Town Crossing Center in front of Lowes. Call Bill or John for more info (703)444-0300

I know this is not a Tuner shop. But its a nice car show. Starts around 7.
what kind of cars do you guys get out there? Most of these get-togethers ive been to in the VA/DC area bmw/audi/vw guys. Havent seen many pcars, fcars, lambos.

Old 09-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Street is infamous around these parts
All kinds. 2 Lambos show up most of time. A few Fcars, Few Pcars, Few Vipers, LOTS of imports and old muscle cars and everything else.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:01 AM
All Mack is infamous around these parts
The DC Rennlist crew gets together irregularly at the Starbucks on Rockville Pike @ Old Georgetown. It's one of those things where someone proposes it and suddenly you have a dozen peeps saying they'll be there.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:13 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Mack, post it here when you hear of the next one. I went to a few of those last year.

Old 09-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Have any of you DC guys been out to the "Church of the Donut" gathering on Sundays in MD? It's supposed to be like 150 cars, exotics, muscle cars etc. It's 8-11am sundays. I might check it out this sunday if anyone wants to go.

Read about it on Fchat...
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=110216

Old 09-23-2006, 06:35 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
only one place for all non-warranty work.
Road Race Technology.
However they only specialize in bmw.
All other work i have my own bmw/mb mechanic that works on it on the side.
The hardest part is syncing up with him with scheduling.

Old 09-23-2006, 07:55 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maxwell
Have any of you DC guys been out to the "Church of the Donut" gathering on Sundays in MD? It's supposed to be like 150 cars, exotics, muscle cars etc. It's 8-11am sundays. I might check it out this sunday if anyone wants to go.

Read about it on Fchat...
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=110216
Is anyone meeting this Sunday?

Old 09-23-2006, 09:51 PM
I might check it out. Im following the fchat thread to see how many peepz are going.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by maxwell
yah, tischer is an authorized EVO dealer/installer, but I've never dealt with them. Curry's is good out in Sterling, they did my PSS9's, like they said before, a little more expensive, but they do good work. Local 6speeder Gunther is having work done at RPM in Springfield, so we'll see how he likes them.

There's definitely no "perfect" shop in the area, but there's a bunch of shops that can do the work you're looking for.

by the way, you should come out to one of the local meets we have about once a month or so.
I would not use RPM on our cars. They do mostly older Porsche's. I hope this helps and sorry for the delay in response.

How was the event on Sunday? Post some pictures.

Old 10-07-2006, 09:09 AM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
I know I am late on this thread but it looks like I may now be heading to Reston with a new job. Any thoughts on housing areas/schools now that we have talked about Tuners ...

Old 10-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Michael, where are you moving from? The Reston area is nice as far as homes and schools go. It is quite a ways out there, but if you're working out in Reston you have a lot of options depending on what kind of neighborhood you're looking for.

You could live out in Ashburn, (Mcmansions, lots of AOL exec types etc) and get a huge house, on a big lot. Or you could come closer to the city, Mclean, which is very expensive, but you're 15 minutes from the city, and your house will be on 1/3rd acre. It really just depends on what type of lifestyle you're looking for. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. I was born and raised here, and know most of the areas pretty well.