996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tuners in the Washington, D.C., Maryland, Northern VA, area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 08:53 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Tuners in the Washington, D.C., Maryland, Northern VA, area

Can anyone recommend a good tuner shop in the aformentioned areas. Hell anyone that you can trust to change oil, alignment, or with modifications. We really lack a well known reputable shop to go to, and the population in this area is thick. Strange that there hasn't been any motivation to open up a shop. You west coast guys need to come over here a set up a shop. I really believe it would take off. Need any investors?

Last edited by 9Eleven; 09-13-2006 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:06 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
Hey 9Eleven, I alway take my car to Tischer Auto Park in Silver Spring, but of course they charge dealer prices but are cool with mods (They did my Stage 2 GIAC and other stuff). There is also TPC in Jessup, but I have no experience with them.
And yes, I wish some tuners were over here to do some real mods.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:25 PM
charleysung is infamous around these parts
I have been taking my car to Autothority in Alexandria VA for tuning. But for alignment, I think the best place for modified cars is Ultimate Performance in Dulles, VA.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Eddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura about
currys auto does a lot of cars around here, they are a giac dealer, so they do work with porsches.

they charge a marginally higher rate, but are pretty well trusted with modified cars.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:54 PM
andrewket is infamous around these parts
I second Curry's. They have ~4 shops in NVA.

-A

Old 09-13-2006, 10:32 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
yah, tischer is an authorized EVO dealer/installer, but I've never dealt with them. Curry's is good out in Sterling, they did my PSS9's, like they said before, a little more expensive, but they do good work. Local 6speeder Gunther is having work done at RPM in Springfield, so we'll see how he likes them.

There's definitely no "perfect" shop in the area, but there's a bunch of shops that can do the work you're looking for.

by the way, you should come out to one of the local meets we have about once a month or so.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:29 PM
orijinal_poser is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by M3CAB
Hey 9Eleven, I alway take my car to Tischer Auto Park in Silver Spring, but of course they charge dealer prices but are cool with mods (They did my Stage 2 GIAC and other stuff). There is also TPC in Jessup, but I have no experience with them.
And yes, I wish some tuners were over here to do some real mods.
i actually live right down the street from TPC and it is exciting to drive by each day and see what badass porsches they have lined up outside

i have stopped by the shop and talked with them, they seem like a friendly & knowledgable staff, but their prices i'm sure are pretty high. remember, these guys are a race team so they know their suspension/performance stuff.....

although, i was talking to a TPC supercharged 993 owner awhile back, he said because they were a race shop, he was scared each time he took his car in b/c it could sometimes come out with scratches or grease on his HRE's or some other stuff...... but i can't confirm on this.....

Old 09-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
If you are close to the Dulles area, you should definitely try out www.funktionauto.com Excellent techs and people. It is a brand new complex with some other specialized shops next to it such as Piper Motrosports et Al., state of the art, I was seriously impressed. I live overseas but have a 650HP 993TT there that is maintained by them, couldn't be happier.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:58 PM
MX RACER is infamous around these parts
TPC did my suspension. I am happy with what they did. The guy who runs the retail end Tom seems very knowledgeable also the guy who did all my Evo install Kent Phillips who I believe did M3CAB's flashing and pss9s is still an EVO dealer/installer on his own now that he's no longer at Tischer. He is actually coming to my house tonight to install headers and waste gates. He can be reached at 410 369-8705. He can do EVO stuff and any routine stuff you might need. He has a lot of experience with Porsche.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:55 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MX RACER
TPC did my suspension. I am happy with what they did. The guy who runs the retail end Tom seems very knowledgeable also the guy who did all my Evo install Kent Phillips who I believe did M3CAB's flashing and pss9s is still an EVO dealer/installer on his own now that he's no longer at Tischer. He is actually coming to my house tonight to install headers and waste gates. He can be reached at 410 369-8705. He can do EVO stuff and any routine stuff you might need. He has a lot of experience with Porsche.
Hey MX Racer, Kent actually did all of my work on my car and stopped by my job about 2 weeks ago. I got his number and will probably end up using him for all independent side work.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:07 PM
JT3
JT3 is infamous around these partsJT3 is infamous around these parts
+3 on Curry's, busy shop but they specialize in modified cars. I drive by there everyday, you'll see track preped BMW's, Porsche's, NSX's, G35's, most everything.

Give them a buzz and see what they can offer.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:12 PM
MX RACER is infamous around these parts
M3CAB,

Yeah he's good. I very confident in his abilities.. He's at my house right now installing headers and wastegates. When he left Tischer he took the EVO connection with him.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Eddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by maxwell
by the way, you should come out to one of the local meets we have about once a month or so.
Where do you guys post up info to these meets? Mind if a little cayman S tags along?

Old 09-15-2006, 09:18 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Eddie
Where do you guys post up info to these meets? Mind if a little cayman S tags along?
they're ususally posted on rennlist. There should be something coming up soon...funrun, or just a saturday meet. I'll post it here when it comes up.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:35 AM
Street is infamous around these parts
Every Friday - Chick-Fil-A Cruise In Sterling, VA - Cruise-In each Friday night at Chick-fil-A in the Dulles Town Crossing Center in front of Lowes. Call Bill or John for more info (703)444-0300

I know this is not a Tuner shop. But its a nice car show. Starts around 7.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tuners in the Washington, D.C., Maryland, Northern VA, area