996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Alex's monster

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-15-2006, 04:07 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
^^Me Too^^.. Last time I read he had a CGT with NOS.. and straight pipes, getting ready to go Twin Turbo with the damn thing... Be careful who you call out these days, you may get more then you bargained for..

Old 09-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
if thats the case..then um...GT?

Old 09-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Alexs '05 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr
its an R32... gotta love the old school body.
Sorry to get off topic, but how difficult was it to bring in the GT-R32? I ask because my dad is deciding whether to get a Gallardo or import a GT-R33...and according to US Law GT-R33's are the only ones legal to bring right over

Old 09-15-2006, 04:51 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by sharkster
***** don't solve everything you know!
Thats not what you said the last time you where in Vegas!!

I think this will be the race of race's...The craziest German car vs the craziest Godzilla known to man... HEHE...
I would love to see how the Skyline stacks up against the turbo in Mexico...
Lets do it.....

Originally Posted by TKDalumni
I thought Alex sold the TT?? Correct me if I'm wrong!
No its just sitting in the garage collecting dust....and waiting for Godzilla....

Originally Posted by SmoothCab
^^Me Too^^.. Last time I read he had a CGT with NOS.. and straight pipes, getting ready to go Twin Turbo with the damn thing... Be careful who you call out these days, you may get more then you bargained for..
The turbo puts Busslenghts on the CGT.....for now.....This race is with a 6speeder so who gives a hoot on the outcome... This is a great community.... we are here to have fun and have drinks later....

Old 09-15-2006, 05:06 PM
bring an R33 over to the states is simple you can import anything prior to a i think its 95...as thats when OBDII was standard... As for how hard is it to do... its simple..it just costs money... what ever you pay for the car just double it... get an R32... they are faster and better race, track and look cars than the R33... I own both..and to be honest I hate the r33... it looks like a wide body 2 door camary.

Old 09-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Alexs '05 is infamous around these parts
bring an R33 over to the states is simple you can import anything prior to a i think its 95...as thats when OBDII was standard... As for how hard is it to do... its simple..it just costs money... what ever you pay for the car just double it... get an R32... they are faster and better race, track and look cars than the R33... I own both..and to be honest I hate the r33... it looks like a wide body 2 door camary.
Good info, I knew about the R32's being lighter etc etc, but my dad just prefers the looks of the R33 after seeing all 3 models in person.

Hmmm...since you don't really like it all that much, interested in selling said R33?

Old 09-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Hey i didnt notice... MAN GET A GALLARDO over an R33... the most you can make it lookwise is the Nismo 400R body kit... there is another wide bodykit that looks sick but its over kill.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:35 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
WOW i feel stupid... but anyways... yeah I LOVE MEXICO...lets go... well i will find out on saturday when i can get my girl running.. NO checking under the hoods like pink though.. I am assuming that Alex.. Your car is ***** to the wall... Pretty much bottom end, fully built head. running a set of GT35r's...

I think this will be the race of race's...The craziest German car vs the craziest Godzilla known to man... HEHE...
I believe he has GT40r's

Old 09-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Um MrBlonde... I dont know if you know anything about Skylines... but let me inform you of a few things...One it had the Nur-ring record by the Blitz R34 and that car was under 800hp.. The JUN r33 held the bonaville record.. The Signal R34 held the fastest 1/4 times for 2 years on street tires and that car didnt even brake 1000hp...

As for the 2.6 liter... Well nissan made the RB-X motor...2.6 liter with a redline of 10k... made over 400hp at the crank...and in stock trim would blow the doors off a 996tt... The stroker kits come in a varity... One set up is the 2.8 liter made by ever major tuner in Japan...the 3.0 has only two set ups.. One is the Bulletproof OSgiken motor that use to sell for over 25k just for a bottom end... Then there is the old 3.0 liter motor Nissan made for some car in Australia...

To make a 10 second skyline all you need is bigger turbos and a better fuel system.. cost is like 10 to 15k... then you got a cheap 10 second car... and stock they run in the 12's just to let you know... Oh and in JAPAN where its RHD the skyline is still to this day considered the GOD of GOD's when it comes to sports cars.. The RB series motor is considered by some to be the best upgrade'able motor ever built in line with the 2jz motor... So yeah...
Dude I race modified GTRs every week at the drag strip; I live in Australia. My mate has an R32 with a built engine and a T78 turbo setup. I've raced 2.6 litre GTRs that rev to 10,000 RPM. I've raced 3.0 litre GTRs with big singles and nitrous. I've raced probably 50 different GTRs at the drag strip. I do know what I am talking about.

Stock a GTR runs mid 13s. They are nothing special unless you put a ****load of work into them, just like any small capacity IRS car. It takes a lot more than bigger turbos to run a 10 second pass in a GTR.

I know there's been some fantastic GTRs built around the world. You can make a GTR a real weapon. But you can do that with any decent platform.

The truth is that GTRs have a legendary status in the USA far outweighing their real abilities. The facts are different to the magic, thats all.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Hey Kenny,

Well I am happy you know about Skylines..Not to bust your bubble... But honestly look more into the GTR... For instance the transmission in the car was WAY BEYOND its years back in 89 when they released ALTESSA... If you know then you know how at almost any speed its a RWD car... That is untill it slips then power (up to 50%) is transfered up to the front. I lived in Japan for almost a year, learning about this car, driving it, racing, and building it... For instance it has a weight of under 3200lbs... Then it only has 280hp because of the agreement between car makers in Japan.. But with "Minor" bolt on's the car produces over 400awhp... Then with the upgrades.. The HKS 2.8l high deck stroker kit is able to produce over 1200 hp to the crank with no bottom end problems... Then Jun r33 produced over 1100+ hp and had a top speed over over 233... That was with little body modification. Also Signal motoring of Japan held the record for drag racing on street radials then with the same car and same setup it held the record with street tires in a skid pad... Both records were done with BF tires..

Please understand few cars made between 89 to 2004 really can keep up with a heavily modded GTR...And to make a heavily modded GTR is cheaper then any other car for the performance you get in return...

On another note... GT40's? hmmm that might insane... that would definetly put him over the 1000hp... The question i wounder is just how much over 1000hp he is pushing... I dont feel after doing much research with the Turbo that one could honestly get 1100hp out of the car with out massive problems.. I think Alex has his car re-geared, and has something special done to the head... I dont know what but while i go to my shop on saturday i will ask...

BUT over all I think this might be the best race i will ever get the chance to have..

Old 09-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
wait is this a real trip to mexico? i never did understand all these post on mexico... If thats the case...take a semi...that way no one jacks my gtr lol...
Can anybody please inform me about "mexico"...I feel so left out!!! thanks...

Old 09-15-2006, 09:56 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
we are here to have fun and have drinks later....
Don't mix up that order!!

Old 09-15-2006, 10:02 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chasen1211
Can anybody please inform me about "mexico"...I feel so left out!!! thanks...
Read the other thread about a Morning in Mexico. Someone raced a GTR in their 996TT and had a lot of fun.
Here you go:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=58207

Old 09-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Me_qwkr,

Which shop is building your R32?

Thanks.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
I read that one too...awsome story...I was just wondering if you guys were really GOING to Mexico???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Alex's monster