996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Audi RS6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 10:50 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Remember the new A6 is making its world debut in March at Geneva. May make your car look dated after only 1 year. My really good friend has an E55, so I have driven it extensively. Great car that really is scary fast. Not as fast as the TT, but scary because it is a 4-door and you are never quite sure of the handling. Whenever I get on it, I kind of get nervous that the car can lose control. I just bought a 745i which I was a huge opponent of because of its looks,(more on the car in another post) but have to say, believe it or not, that it handles better than the E55

Lou

Old 01-31-2004, 10:51 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by offroadr35
hmm we currently have an SL55, have had an ML430, ML55, 2001 S600, 2002 SL500, and probably others that i can't even remember. Every single one of the cars has had problems. We're done with mercedes after we trade the SL55 for a DB9.

Also i personally don't like the way they drive at all. The steering is way too light, the brakes have zero feel. The SL55 is the only one that has an impressive interior also.

Anyway, just my opinion but i really don't like MBs.

-Steve
Well Steve,

That pretty much sums up the entire MB experience for me as well. No flame inteaded to Audi, but, I still think that BMW really does build the best drivers car.

Lou

Old 02-01-2004, 03:40 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
NWturbo, I really liked your write-up so I took the liberty of a copy+paste into RS6.com

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....0579#post20579

Here's a smiley for you!

Old 02-01-2004, 10:46 AM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks

Thanks Erik. Will join RS6.com soon enough.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback - very helpful.

Cheers

Old 02-02-2004, 06:27 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Don't give up the tt for an RS6! Keep the turbo and get a poor
man's RS6. A Subaru WRX STi. Turbo, easily modded, four doors, trunk and all wheel drive!

It is a mini tt!

Old 02-02-2004, 09:07 AM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
I'll never give up my TT

The RS6 will just replace my E500. As long as I have the means,
I will NEVER give up my 996TT! Never ever.....

Old 02-02-2004, 09:23 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Lou, can you email me the link for the 745i review. Just sold the FX, and am torn between the a8L and 745i.

Old 02-02-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by ShankGT2
and am torn between the a8L and 745i.
'

Shank, check this link for the Audi A8 W12
No iDrive there

0 - 100 km/h in 5.2 secs.!
0 - 200 km/h in 17.4 secs!!! (M3 or better acceleration)
0 - 250 km/h in about 30 secs.

Old 02-02-2004, 09:56 AM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
Shank - you keep your cars what, about 3 months max? (except your TT) I remember not too long ago when you first got the FX...seriously, are you getting them just to get the depreciation hit for a writeoff or something?

Old 02-02-2004, 10:27 AM
h20tt is infamous around these parts
Lou, can you email me the link for the 745i review. Just sold the FX, and am torn between the a8L and 745i.
Shank have you considered a Maserati Quattroporte, looks to be interesting.

Old 02-02-2004, 10:41 AM
LSM
Shank,

I drove both and the 745i is much more of a driver's car to me. The looks have really groiwn on me and I think it looks really nice and much more aggressive. There is no confusing a 3-series with a 7-series. The A8 and A4 look similar enough that you have to have a double take. The new A6 looks identical to the A8, at least to me and the VW (phaeton) and Audi look very very similar to me. I also much perfer the standard wheelbase to the long. Even the 745Li drives much different than the I. The Li and A8L are just way too big.

I have the 745i with 19inch wheel option with no sport package. If you want a real bargain, go for a 2002. I am good friends with Joe Perillo, he stole the one I got for under wholesale and then sold it to me for under wholesale. 22k miles, I only paid $47.5k, it has every option available. If price is not a real concern go for a 2003 or 2004 745i sport. That car takes the sporting aspect even further. Amazing car.

I will find that review for you and post it here. Also, PM me anytime and you can take my 745 for a day and see how you like it. Let me know.

Lou

Old 02-02-2004, 10:45 AM
LSM
Forgot to add, the i-drive is a non-issue. It is simply and intuitive. I never found myself searching for commands or not knowing where something was. Our generation is computer savvy and imo, there is where the problem lies. The complaints may be isolated to individuals that are not familiar with computers. I learned everything in one night without the aid of the owners manual. Anyway, let me know if you want to take it for a day.

Lou

Old 02-02-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by h20tt
Shank have you considered a Maserati Quattroporte, looks to be interesting.
It was the only car at IAA Frankfurt 2003 that really struck me, apart from the CGT.

Nice quattroporte pics

Old 02-02-2004, 11:39 AM
LSM
Shank, Below are links to a few reviews. I still haven't found the exact one I was looking for, but, the below should give some more info for now.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=1

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....article_id=456

http://www.autoweb.com/content/Resea...s&Year_si=2004

Lou