996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Audi RS6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 09:31 AM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
Audi RS6

Hey all:

Well, after some advice from Shank, I think that the RS6 will be a perfect replacement for my MB E500. It will be a 996TT with four doors.

I'd appreciate any advice/ tips/opinions before I pull the trigger this upcoming week.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-24-2004, 10:16 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Why not wait for the A8 (RS8) with the W12 in it??

Old 01-24-2004, 11:59 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
RS6 is a faster, lighter, more nimble car than an RS8

Old 01-24-2004, 12:00 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
NW, I would choose the RS6 over the E500.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Shoot an e-mail to my friend Al at goneflying71@aol.com, as he just picked up an RS6 a few weeks ago. He's had many nice cars from muscles to Ferrari to ZR-1 to an M5 and M3. Tell him Dr. Jim gave you his mail for some input. By the way, when we went out on a group drive I reeled him in and left him for dead at will. It is fast though, but he was cursing the automanual when we stopped.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:36 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by JASCLASS
NW, I would choose the RS6 over the E500.
i assume u don't like the E55

Old 01-24-2004, 01:38 PM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
I have heard that the steering is somewhat "vague" on the RS6.
The E55 is also faster.

Old 01-24-2004, 01:39 PM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
Traction

The E55 is nice but where I live, it rains 1/3 of the year and we also get some snow (vancouver BC canada).

I love my 996TT in the rain so I am hoping the RS6 will be a foor door 996TT.

My 2003 E500 is nice but it is SOOOO boring. In the wet, the car simply slips and slides if driven enthusiastically. Also, the electronic steering, brakes and throttle are really weird.

I am hoping the RS6 will bring some excitement to my daily commuted.

Thanks all for your input.

Old 01-24-2004, 02:05 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
The RS6 is one of my favorite cars in a long time. Second to the Porsches. For being an automatic, it is still very fun to drive. Paddle shift down for manual mode, or leave it in sport mode. I dohave to recommend a chip, because it wakes up the car. Just like the 996 and Supras, the RS6 is not photogenic. You have to see it in person and in motion to appreciate how aggressive it looks. Quattro is perfect for your weather. Today I was crusing in the snow/slush Chicago Highways, without effort. What color are you considering?

Old 01-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey ShankGT2:

Today, I just ordered Daytona Grey w/ rear air bags and sound enhancing exhaust. The RS6 is actually going to be a 2004 model here in Canada. 86 are coming - build dates are Jan/Feb and March. Mine should be built in Feb or Mar.

In regards to the chip, I know you went w/ Sportec. How about GIAC's version - Engine ECU and transmission combo?

Also, will the dealer know I chipped the car?

Is understeer a problem w/RS6? RS6 weight distribution is exacly opposite to our 996TTs. 60/40 vs 40/60

Hope I don't get mixed up when I am really pushing either car

Thanks again.

Old 01-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Fire Eater
MLA911 is infamous around these parts
The Aussie's did a head-to-head....FYI:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...E13232,00.html

Old 01-24-2004, 05:33 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
If rough weather is a serious consideration it is no contest, RS6. If not, I prefer the E55 by a substantial margin in looks and slight performance margin when comparing stock. I believe the RS6 will be easier to mod. For me, E55 (obviously, mine is being built as we speak).

Shank, I would like to get together next week. Tell me where you’re at and we can meet for lunch. I have to hit Jewelers Row and pick up some wine at Sam's. PM if you’re interested.

Old 01-24-2004, 07:12 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
i was going to go with an RS6 but i think i've decided on a cayenne tt because i can tow a trailer with it and the rear is perfect for a dog. can't go wrong with the audi though. i would take it anyday over the benz as we have had lots of mb's and i am very unimpressed with their build quality.

Old 01-24-2004, 10:43 PM
jajo is infamous around these parts
A customer of ours just got an RS6. Nice car. He added a Miltek exhaust and blow off valves. The pipes were huuuuge and I heard him leaving from inside our place. Nice

Old 01-25-2004, 04:15 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
NWturbo, check my website and join the forum.

There's plenty of people who can help you with your questions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi RS6