996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ditching 996TT hydraulic clutch assist?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 07:21 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jrgatfh
I'd like to have the directions to remove the spring just to try it out. Can someone clarify if if removing the spring gives you as much stiffness and feel as going to the gt2 setup because I am still a little confused lol, thanks guys!
Me as well. The stock clutch is wayyy to soft. Can someone explain how to remove the spring and explain what the accuator does and how to remove it? I heard you can save quite a bit of weight by removing it. Thanks!

Old 08-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Mine is all nonhydrolic. It is stiffer then a GT2 clutch for sure...
It take somewhat getting used to it. I have mixed feelings only becasue my foot hurts the next day LOL

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-31-2007, 08:38 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Mine is all nonhydrolic. It is stiffer then a GT2 clutch for sure...
It take somewhat getting used to it. I have mixed feelings only becasue my foot hurts the next day LOL
Markski, really that bad huh? Did you remove both the spring and accuator?

Old 08-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Everything is gone... I did not do it buts its fully manual.... its that bad.
You feel the clutch but its really tough if ur stuck in traffic.

click to view

Old 08-31-2007, 08:55 PM
Zuma 911 has a spectacular aura aboutZuma 911 has a spectacular aura about
Does anyone have a link to the PET. thanks in advance.

update....found the PET exploded views online..Thanks

Last edited by Zuma 911; 09-01-2007 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:13 PM
Everything is gone... I did not do it buts its fully manual.... its that bad.
You feel the clutch but its really tough if ur stuck in traffic.
Any suggestions on what i should keep then...?

Old 09-01-2007, 02:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Any suggestions on what i should keep then...?
I have been told that u can swithc to a GT2 set up.. parts around $500 but I have no idea what is involved.

click to view

Old 03-31-2008, 01:29 AM
FlyYellow is infamous around these partsFlyYellow is infamous around these parts
can anyone comment on removal of the clutch power spring ?

specifically, how much stiffer is the clutch pedal? is it more/less stiffer than a gt2 setup?

Old 03-31-2008, 10:58 AM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Here is a pic...you remove # 9. Thats the helper spring. I will warn you watch your eyes when taking this out, it wont kill you but might hurt a bit

Attached Images  
Old 03-31-2008, 11:22 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Evoms has a GT2 conversion kit. $980.

Attached Images  
Old 03-31-2008, 11:24 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FlyYellow
can anyone comment on removal of the clutch power spring ?

specifically, how much stiffer is the clutch pedal? is it more/less stiffer than a gt2 setup?
I was advised not to do this because it creates a dead spot in the clutch engagment.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
here is my update.
I had all the assist thrown away. But still have some issues. Probably due to the clutch etc. So I ordered all gt2 parts and it came out to be $450 with my dealer discount. It includes the master slave, the slave cylinder, the clutch spring and the hose that connects to the slave. I should have it installed Saturday.
Markski

click to view

Old 03-31-2008, 02:39 PM
rolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to behold
subscribed

Old 03-31-2008, 03:09 PM
here is my update.
I had all the assist thrown away. But still have some issues. Probably due to the clutch etc. So I ordered all gt2 parts and it came out to be $450 with my dealer discount. It includes the master slave, the slave cylinder, the clutch spring and the hose that connects to the slave. I should have it installed Saturday.
Markski
Much better deal than Evoms.

Remember, the GT2 uses brake fluid not power stearing fluid to power the clutch. You need to clean out any existing parts.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by robertp
Much better deal than Evoms.
Why's that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ditching 996TT hydraulic clutch assist?