996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New member have a question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 12:06 AM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
New member have a question

My name is John and I recently purchased a 02 Porsche 996 TT with 7,911 miles on it. It has the X50 package and auto transmission. I have an 03 Cobra with 570 RWHP. The Porsche is quicker than I thought it would be (first Porsche I've owned) but I need more power. I have spoken with Jay at Fabspeed and he suggest: sport exhaust, headers, intake, and ECU upgrade. What do you guys think? What do you guess the RWHP would be on the Porsche with the mods as suggested? I am new to the Porsche world and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John

Old 09-23-2006, 12:18 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JWC
My name is John and I recently purchased a 02 Porsche 996 TT with 7,911 miles on it. It has the X50 package and auto transmission. I have an 03 Cobra with 570 RWHP. The Porsche is quicker than I thought it would be (first Porsche I've owned) but I need more power. I have spoken with Jay at Fabspeed and he suggest: sport exhaust, headers, intake, and ECU upgrade. What do you guys think? What do you guess the RWHP would be on the Porsche with the mods as suggested? I am new to the Porsche world and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John
Congrats man! with those mods your looking at easily over 500 hp crank, especially with the x50. pics?

Old 09-23-2006, 12:21 AM
JWC
I have pics but need help posting them I am a computer "ant" . My daughter will be at the house on Saturday and she will post them up for me.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:26 AM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by JWC
I have pics but need help posting them I am a computer "ant" . My daughter will be at the house on Saturday and she will post them up for me.
Very easy...not sure why so many have difficulty with this....in reply mode, just attach pictures by browsing your computer for the pictures you've already saved on your harddrive. Only issue is if the picture is too big. In that case, you'd have to resize.

BTW - Congrats on the purchase...I literally just got an 02 X50 myself....

Old 09-23-2006, 12:47 AM
JWC
Congrats back to you. It may be easy for you but the last time I tried on the SVT web site the members were laughing so hard they couldn't type back and help me. I ended up emailing them to a member and he posed them up for me.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:49 AM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by JWC
Congrats back to you. It may be easy for you but the last time I tried on the SVT web site the members were laughing so hard they couldn't type back and help me. I ended up emailing them to a member and he posed them up for me.
LOL!

Well, if you are willing to give it one more try, all you have to do in reply mode is to click on "manage attachments".....as long as the picture you are uploading isn't over the size limit, you are good to go! can't wait to see some pics of your X50

Old 09-23-2006, 12:57 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
A stage 4 is a hop skip and a jump away from an X50. Do it!!!!!

Old 09-23-2006, 01:00 AM
JWC
Ok I'll take a wack at it! Nevermind, I 'll wait for my daughter. I can't even find the "manage attachments" thing. Thanks anyway for trying to help.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:01 AM
JWC
Ok what is the stage 4 and what will it do for it?

Old 09-23-2006, 01:05 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Congrats on the X50, your list of mod will bring your TT to stage 4 and I think it will at around 550hp at crank. If you think your stock X50 already fast, you will be very happy with stage 4!

btw, check out evoms.com and you will know how the TT can be!

http://www.evoms.com/marketplace/Mar...47D8965B527%7D

Old 09-23-2006, 01:11 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
You can go with the most popular set up... the stage 4 form evoms... all u need is a flash, maybe billet actuators, exhaust, dvs, and air filter... 570HP.

youu can also go with protomotive k24/18g upgrade proprietary turbo( they take ur k24s and turn them into a potent set up... and the ecu and a greddy boost controller... finally the basics liek exhaust , dvs, and filter are a must.... this set up is stronger then the stock k24s at a minimal price increase.
cant go wrong either way.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-23-2006, 01:13 AM
JWC
Thanks Ray and I will check them out. This is my first Porsche and I will take all the info I can get. With my 03 Cobra I made many mods and ended up taking most of them off when I installed the Kenne Bell blower. I just don't want to make the same mistakes with the 996.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:19 AM
JWC
thanks markski. Do you suggest EVOMS over Fabspeed? Off topic but do you like your Ducati? I have an 04 Aprillia Factory and love it.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:22 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JWC
thanks markski. Do you suggest EVOMS over Fabspeed? Off topic but do you like your Ducati? I have an 04 Aprillia Factory and love it.
Ducati- I love it... was finicky in the beginning but good now.
Evoms is a tuner meanwhile fabspeed is only a manufacturer of exhausts.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-23-2006, 01:26 AM
JWC
I got ya. Fabspeed did say I can send in my ECU and they would upgrade it and send it back along with the other supporting parts. I take it Evoms does it the same way only better?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New member have a question