996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

MILTEK exhuast ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 05:12 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thumbs up MILTEK exhuast ???

Who on this board has this and if they like it
what did they switch from?

Why Miltek ? ( It sounds like it is a great exhaust!)

Marty K

Old 09-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I believe Bigbadben have it on his GT700.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:36 PM
cmalana is infamous around these parts
I'm curious as well if anyone can compare that to Fabspeed.

One of these days, it would be good to get some sound clips.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:48 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Who on this board has this and if they like it
what did they switch from?

Why Miltek ? ( It sounds like it is a great exhaust!)

Marty K
Marty, I do them on the majority of the GT kits because of the good flow versus "lack of resonance" aspect. They can be used on the GT800 kits because they have excellent flow but at the same time don't drone or resonate like a MF. The sound/tone is very nice. Sorta mid-rangey and deeper than the Europipe if I had to describe it. The only "draw backs" to them is that they aren't the easiest exhaust to isntall. On this one you really do need to take the bumper off.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:41 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Marty, I have it and love it. You can hear it at the Brainerd get together next Spring Kevin

Old 09-23-2006, 10:42 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Marty, I do them on the majority of the GT kits because of the good flow versus "lack of resonance" aspect. They can be used on the GT800 kits because they have excellent flow but at the same time don't drone or resonate like a MF. The sound/tone is very nice. Sorta mid-rangey and deeper than the Europipe if I had to describe it. The only "draw backs" to them is that they aren't the easiest exhaust to isntall. On this one you really do need to take the bumper off.
I second the bumper removal!, Kevin

Old 09-23-2006, 10:42 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Marty,

I had the CG export loud on my GT700 and it was horrible, so much resonace it made me almost sick, I could bearly drive my car it was that bad, I took it off after a week. I put in the Miltek after Todd Z's suggestion and I have been very very happy with it, it sounds great, nice and loud when it is supposed to be ...WOT etc. No resonance to speak of...not like the CG export loud..., God that setup was HORRIBLE.

You could look at what Zippy put in....custom Europipe, I know he loves his setup. You will have to get into Stef's good books to get what Mike got from him....Mike willl fill you in.

You will like the Miltek Marty.

Ben

Old 09-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Ben - your exhaust does sound awsome. I don't think Marty would be interested in my Pipe. It's a little on the sporty side He wasn't interested in my EP2Loud when I was looking to sell.

Marty - I thought you bought a used EP2 Quite?

Old 09-23-2006, 11:22 PM
laj_c4s is infamous around these parts
woodster,
i have the miltek. i am very happy with it. i had a long discussion with stephen from imagine and he suggested i try it. no resonance to speak of. perfect loudness for me. i use my car as a daily and at times need to speak on the phone. perhaps i am getting older but this is the perfect note for me.

roy

Old 09-24-2006, 12:05 AM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
A little louder....

I have the Miltek on my '03 TT and it's noticably louder than stock even under light throttle, at WOT is really quite scary ;-)
I also detect resonance at circa 2000rpm - ie just about cruising speed in 6th, thus I tend to drive in a lower gear to minimize the resonance.
I've had it installed now for about 6 months and still haven't quite gotten used to it, sometimes I consider going back to stock.

Each to their own preference I guess.

Regards Tim

Old 09-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Livo69 is infamous around these parts
I have the miltek and I love it!!

Not too loud and way better than stock.
Idle--A little throatier than stock
Normal Driving--sounds great, louder than stock but not disgusting
Acceleration--AWESOME!

Old 09-24-2006, 10:28 AM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KPG
I second the bumper removal!, Kevin
we installed MilTek on Gunther's car (he got it from Stephen at ImagineAuto) and we were able to do it without taking the bumper off...

Looks great, sounds sweet!

pics and video clip here:

click on pic:

Old 09-24-2006, 04:44 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by KJM3SMG
we installed MilTek on Gunther's car (he got it from Stephen at ImagineAuto) and we were able to do it without taking the bumper off...

Looks great, sounds sweet!

pics and video clip here:

click on pic:
Never claimed you had to take off the bumper to do the install. Just makes it easier. Kevin

Old 09-24-2006, 11:08 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
This is what I ended up running on mine and we sell a lot of them. I would say that if low rumble in the cabin is a concern this is the best choice. It makes as much power as anything we have tested without the noise in the interior. Generally if someone says they need the power and the noise is a very big concern I offer the Miltek. I have never had one returned.

BTW we never pull the bumper. Of course I have done a million installs.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
The Miltek exhaust is just as Stephen says. This is light years ahead of the Fabstuff I had on my car. I just finished a 1200 mile road trip and the sound was never a problem.

I highly recommend this product based on my experiance and the outstanding build quality. It is far superior in every regard to the other exhaust I have tried.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MILTEK exhuast ???