996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rear Camber Adjustment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Rear Camber Adjustment

What are you guys doing for rear camber adjustment? I was thinking of adding a little more, but after talking with Sharkster, I am under the impression that I need to get an adjustable 'linkage thing' to set this up. How is rear camber adjusted without this adjustable linkage? What's the MAX -camber available with stock linkages on a JIC coil over setup?

Thanks

Old 09-29-2006, 01:33 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, thanks for all the awsome input guy! I'm definately going to try that out! Will post reslts and pictures!!!!!

Old 09-29-2006, 07:11 AM
kiko is infamous around these parts
LOL,

I don't know what to tell you but after your last post I felt compelled to say something, lets see...

Why would you want to increase rear camber anyway? The OEM set allows you dial all the camber you need so I don't get it, honest!

(Sorry for answering with a question...)

Old 09-29-2006, 09:15 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I thought you needed to get the rear camber plates to have this done correctly. It was my understanding that the JIC's came with this and one of the reasons to choose that. the rear camber plates are 650-1000 bucks extra with other suspension upgrades. I am in the middle of going with JIC or motons and so have been looking closely at all the stuff!
Are you having a problem with the JIC's, pm me!

Old 09-29-2006, 04:35 PM
KIKO & TOM - THANK YOU!

I am exploring adding a bit more -camber to both the front and back. I believe the JIC's do a great job and are very adjustable on the front, but have been told you need adjustable controll arms(?) on the rear to dial in more than the JIC's will provide. I would really like to know how much -camber the JIC's can be set to on the rear. I'm currently -1.4 both front and rear. I haven't had a real good opportunity to drive the car hard enough with the new R-Compound to determine what is needed in the overall setup. 1 thing for sure is a little extra -C on the rears would definately help tuck those 335's inside my rolled fenders.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:45 PM
MUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the roughMUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the roughMUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the roughMUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the rough
Is this what your looking for? I got them from GMG.

GMG 996 Link Kit (w/ optional rubber boots)
Developed and tested over thousands of miles of racing and street driving. Our fully adjustable rear dog bones are made of machined aluminum billet rod (6061) anodized and include indy car rod ends. This is a great way to improve the handling and feedback from your Porsche.
Our rear dog bone kit is the only proper way to correct the rear geometry of your lowered 996 and later Porsche. If your car is lowered, chances are you are prematurely wearing out your rear tires with the additional negative camber you have in the rear. The factory eccentric rear does not offer enough adjustment to properly re-align your car to specs. Our links allow you to properly correct the geometry of your rear suspension. Kit includes:
- 4 Links
- All Hardware

Fitment: 996TT/GT2/GT3/C2/C4/C4S (997 custom kits available)
Please contact us for pricing.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:53 PM
M.G.F. I believe that is exactly what I was talking about! What did you set your rear camber to? Was there a lot of time required to install these things?

Old 09-29-2006, 11:42 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Heya Mike- those are what I was telling you about.. That's what I have on my car (from ERP, same thing). That'll give you sweeeeeeet camber

Old 09-30-2006, 08:43 AM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about
I have PSS9's and dialed in significant rear camber for track use (i seem to recall somthing like -2.75%).

I love how it feels on the track but I'm spending a FORTUNE on street tires because I'm rubbing off the inside edge while the outside edge has TONS of tread.

Old 09-30-2006, 09:35 AM
MUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the roughMUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the roughMUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the roughMUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BartN (TX)
I have PSS9's and dialed in significant rear camber for track use (i seem to recall somthing like -2.75%).

I love how it feels on the track but I'm spending a FORTUNE on street tires because I'm rubbing off the inside edge while the outside edge has TONS of tread.
Zippy,

I had the same problem as Bart does. That's why I installed the rear links. It allows you to have a lot more adjustment on your rear camber settings. I needed them to reduce my camber to avoid replacing tires every 5kmiles! They do, however, stiffen up the rear end noticeably. They are a quick install too, my mechanic only charged me an 1 1/2 labor.

Old 09-30-2006, 06:47 PM
JohnnyBeatles is infamous around these parts
How much?
JB

Old 09-30-2006, 06:52 PM
gareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud of
I got the Agency Power set from Vivid Racing.
You might even get them for 395.00 if they are still doing the promotion.
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...oducts_id/8370

Old 09-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Garee,

Thanks Garee. Yes these work on all 996 and 997 models. Give you much more adjustment then stock for camber and toe. They use high grade spherical rod ends and easy to adjust even at the track. If anyone is interested in specs or the product, contact me.
Thanks
DAn

Old 09-30-2006, 07:36 PM
JohnnyBeatles is infamous around these parts
Thanks...seems like the promotion is over however...$495...Are GMC about the same price?
JB

Old 09-30-2006, 09:15 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
TPC put a set on my car. Rear Tow Links. They use them on their race cars. What a difference. The car tracks perfect and feels so much more planted. Bump steer is non existent, feels like it's corning flatter. I paid 450 installed. Money well spent.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear Camber Adjustment