996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Intake question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:57 PM
jwa
jwa is infamous around these parts
Intake question

I'm considering the Fabspeed intake, but just curous to know if it voids the warrenty, and if anyone has/had it installed and their thoughts

Old 09-27-2006, 02:03 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I'm pretty sure you are ok with your warranty. I dont know anyone that has one and I asked the same question.
Please let us know if you get one, as I would be interested if you had a good experience.

tom

Old 09-27-2006, 03:47 PM
jaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura about
I wouldnt think you would have an issue. It is something really easy to swap though. I have a friend who would just remove his intake anytime he had the car serviced. That way they are none the wiser and you can have your intake.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:57 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaded996
I wouldnt think you would have an issue. It is something really easy to swap though. I have a friend who would just remove his intake anytime he had the car serviced. That way they are none the wiser and you can have your intake.
Exactly, its very easy and quick to swap too! Havent heard anything on the Fabspeed intake, no one has it. Let us know how it goes

Old 09-28-2006, 01:02 AM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
no need. Just remove the cover and put a bmc filter in.

done!

Thats what the germans do...

Any concerns about hot engine air is negated by the large negative pressure drop created by the engine pulling air, and the car moving greater than 20mph.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:45 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
yeah, but the problem is what about when the car is NOT moving 20mph like sitting in traffic?

Old 09-28-2006, 12:55 PM
jwa
jwa is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tom kerr
yeah, but the problem is what about when the car is NOT moving 20mph like sitting in traffic?
haha then i'll just make sure to listen to the traffic report before i start to drive anywhere, but i still have some time before i get the intake (probably 2-3 months) so when i do get it i'll let you know how it is

Old 09-28-2006, 05:30 PM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tom kerr
like when you're sitting in traffic redlining your engine?

NO intake is optimized for this - as the engine doesnt need that much air when its not working.

The point of changing intakes (exhausts and headers for that matter) is to REMOVE a critical restriction in flow to improve power.

perhaps I'm missing your point, but I dont understand the connection btw idling and an intake.

Can you elaborate??

Old 09-28-2006, 10:48 PM
the fabspeed intake is a filter open in the engine bay exposed to engine heated air as opposed to the closed stock box or EVO box for that matter only open to the outside cooler air by the snorkel.
Does that make sense, can you elaborate? I am interested in changing intakes for the reasons you have mentioned. I like the fabspeed idea (and not sure about EVO) so if there is no down side I would try it. that includes normal operation at the track and in traffic (and I dont mean the kind on the track)

thanks