996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evoms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 11:23 AM
vanboost is infamous around these parts
Hello, fabulous thread.

As an aside, I'm curious about the 60-130 test. Speaking of gearing and standardization, how does one conduct the 60-130?

For example, is this all in one gear? Or, do you start in 3rd and upshift? Presumably the flattest road possible? Is the test moot if your gearing has been changed and apples are thereby no longer being compared? Etc?

Cheers
vb

Last edited by vanboost; 09-29-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Banned for Good.
ohioko4s4 is infamous around these parts
Well, after numerous discussions, I decided to go with the Protomotive kit. Maybe part of the decision was to be a bit different from the pack, who knows. But I'll make everyone a deal. When it is finished, I'll drive (trailer if needed) my car to the nearest willing GT700 to the Cleveland Ohio area and we'll film a couple 2nd and 3rd gear roll-ons so we can all put to rest which car pulls harder under the same conditions. Not that honestly it's all that big of a deal as they should be awfully close, but just to compare the approaches. In return, I just want to know why a moderator changed my title? I’ll even accept a pm.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Jamie

Old 09-29-2006, 12:25 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
I would also like to know why "titles" are being changed by these moderators! There was no reason to change his thread, why dont one of you "moderators" chime in and explain!

Last edited by AzExoticLover; 09-29-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:36 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by ohioko4s4
Well, after numerous discussions, I decided to go with the Protomotive kit. Maybe part of the decision was to be a bit different from the pack, who knows. But I'll make everyone a deal. When it is finished, I'll drive (trailer if needed) my car to the nearest willing GT700 to the Cleveland Ohio area and we'll film a couple 2nd and 3rd gear roll-ons so we can all put to rest which car pulls harder under the same conditions. Not that honestly it's all that big of a deal as they should be awfully close, but just to compare the approaches. In return, I just want to know why a moderator changed my title? I’ll even accept a pm.

Jamie
Conrats...another 10second car on its way

Originally Posted by AzExoticLover
I would also like to know why "titles" are being changed by these moderators! There was no reason to change his thread, why dont one of you "moderators" chime in and explain!
Deja vu.....history does repeat itself!!...right down to me being called out again by the same person....and the thread title changed over a non sponsored board member ....you guys need to read this thread to have most of your questions answered...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ht=Protomotive

Last edited by VRAlexander; 09-29-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:41 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
...But I'll make everyone a deal. When it is finished, I'll drive (trailer if needed) my car to the nearest willing GT700 to the Cleveland Ohio area and we'll film a couple 2nd and 3rd gear roll-ons so we can all put to rest which car pulls harder under the same conditions...

Jamie
Congrats on your choice.

Why don't you and Buddy meet at Mid-Ohio?

Greg A

Old 09-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Ill come too....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-29-2006, 01:18 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

Jamie
CONGRATS Jamie, when i decide what im doing car wise also, and need to step it up power wise Protomotive is my choice too Cant wait to hear your impressions when its completed, goodluck!

Old 09-29-2006, 01:22 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
I am a HUGE EVOMS fan and would only have them work on my cars, but I have heard many GREAT things about Protomotive as well! Good luck and enjoy your future set up!

Old 09-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Banned for Good.
Thanks everyone. We have plenty of time to plan for this mini-GTG, but let's meet up next spring...I'll let you guys decide where. I don't know Buddy, but if he's anywhere close to Mid-Ohio, it will be a no-brainer to meet down there.

Alex, thanks for the heads-up on the Protomotive thing. I skimmed through that long post and I now understand....not sure I agree....but I understand. Todd @ EVOMS can thank me for the extra advertising I provided him when the mods just left in EVOMS....

Old 09-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Thanks everyone. We have plenty of time to plan for this mini-GTG, but let's meet up next spring...I'll let you guys decide where. I don't know Buddy, but if he's anywhere close to Mid-Ohio, it will be a no-brainer to meet down there.

Alex, thanks for the heads-up on the Protomotive thing. I skimmed through that long post and I now understand....not sure I agree....but I understand. Todd @ EVOMS can thank me for the extra advertising I provided him when the mods just left in EVOMS....
Sounds like both of your projects are in good hands Can't wait to see them complete.

-Wes

Old 09-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Banned for Good.
Originally Posted by onelove
Sounds like both of your projects are in good hands Can't wait to see them complete.

-Wes
Thanks Wes. Nero is a trip to work with as you well know....

Old 09-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Trip is saying it too nicely LOL I'm just glad I'm close enough to keep "well informed"

Old 09-29-2006, 02:35 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vanboost
Hello, fabulous thread.

As an aside, I'm curious about the 60-130 test. Speaking of gearing and standardization, how does one conduct the 60-130?

For example, is this all in one gear? Or, do you start in 3rd and upshift? Presumably the flattest road possible? Is the test moot if your gearing has been changed and apples are thereby no longer being compared? Etc?

Cheers
vb
VB, it is generally accepted to do the 60-130 as a run thru. You would want to have a head of steam as you pass the 60mph threshold and accelerate thru 130. The time is that snapshop from a WOT pull thru the 60-130 range. As for shifting, you have to do either a 2-3,3-4 shift or a 3-4 shift. In my case the best 60-130 time was roughly 8.4 with 2 shifts and 7.93 with one shift. For the one shift time, I was at the drag and accelerated from first straight to 3rd around 40mph and had full boost around 50 mph and crossed the 60 mph threshold with full boost and momentum. A shift is a .4-.5 sec hit. A road that is not flat will produce very unreliable times.Kevin

Last edited by KPG; 09-29-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:40 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Who's Nero I keep hearing about? Supra tuner?

Old 09-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Who's Nero I keep hearing about? Supra tuner?
Owner of Titan Motorsports. Supra Tuner / Race Team / Parts *****. He has a 996TT as well but I don't believe he posts on here much.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evoms