996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Great support from Fabspeed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Joe West is infamous around these parts
Great support from Fabspeed...

All,

Back in mid to late 2003 I purchased a Fabspeed Super Sport (loud version) which worked well for me up until a couple of months ago, when I noticed that the left (Driver's) side exhaust tip was a little lower than the right hand side. Examination of the exhaust showed that almost all of the welds that held the mufflers to the rear most mounting bracket were broken and those that were not broken were cracked.

A quick call to Fabspeed resulted in a "send it back to us and we'll take care of it". I removed the mufflers (it took all of 20 minutes... what a piece of cake their exhaust system is to work on) and shipped them back. Shortly thereafter, I received a call saying that they would take care of things. I asked them if they would consider replacing the unit with a quiet version (not as agressive a sound, but a bit easier on the ears). The response was positive, for a relatively small charge, they shipped me a brand new quiet version which I have subsequently installed and absolutely LOVE.

It is clear that Fabspeed stands behind their products... they would have shipped me a replacement/repaired unit for no charge and were willing to sell me a quiet version at a substantial discount. I'm happy with this kind of service and would recommend purchasing from them if you are considering an exhaust system for your Porsche.

Oh... and no... I don't work for fabspeed or represent them in any way. I've purchased one exhaust system from them and that is the extent of my business relationship with fabspeed.

Joe

Old 09-28-2006, 09:24 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Fabiani sticks by his product hence why he is still in business when so many others have come and gone. Good Job Joe!

Old 09-28-2006, 12:44 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I have also had great experiences with Fabspeed, stand up company!

Old 09-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
He did not stick by his product or his word with me. I'm glad to here that others have had better luck.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:48 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gunther
He did not stick by his product or his word with me. I'm glad to here that others have had better luck.
Yea but for the most part just like most companie's you have you're customer's who are satisfied and other's who arent. I have heard stories from both ends, and recently the bad or should i say lack of communication for someone who was recently interested in their products, and is now not going with them! I also sent several pm's about fabspeed exhaust tips and never got a response!