996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Modded 996tt compared to F360?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 03:56 PM
willcoxmd is infamous around these partswillcoxmd is infamous around these parts
Modded 996tt compared to F360?

Any of you modded TT owners have a Ferrari 360 spider? I really want a Ferrari, but the F430 is out of my budget for a few years. There are a couple very low mile F360 spiders in my area that look gorgeous. I'm just wondering what the downside to selling my TT for the 360?

Of note: I do drive my TT as a daily driver and put at least 10K miles a year on it.

Thanks

Old 09-29-2006, 04:01 PM
gareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud of
The 360 is nowhere close in the speed factor to a modded 996tt.
But they sure do look damn good.
Get the 360 and keep the 996tt.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:12 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
360 (especially with tubi) is way more fun to drive! Tossable, immdediate, direct and gorgeous.

However, it's not nearly as fast. In addition, it gets severely punished for mileage when the time comes to sell.

Drive one and decide if it's worth it to you. In the last year, I've gone 996tt cab to 360 spider to 996tt cab to 360 spider and back to 996tt cab!

Old 09-29-2006, 04:44 PM
willcoxmd is infamous around these partswillcoxmd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jamie
360 (especially with tubi) is way more fun to drive! Tossable, immdediate, direct and gorgeous.

However, it's not nearly as fast. In addition, it gets severely punished for mileage when the time comes to sell.

Drive one and decide if it's worth it to you. In the last year, I've gone 996tt cab to 360 spider to 996tt cab to 360 spider and back to 996tt cab!

From a "speed" factor. Would it be comparable to a stock 996tt? That's the only think i'm worried about. My turbo is so damn fast compared to when it was stock. I certainly don't want anything to be disappointing in my Ferrari. It is such a beautiful car, i can't get it out of my head. The F430 is really under my skin, but I don't want to pay 60-100K over sticker for one

Old 09-29-2006, 05:01 PM
gareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by willcoxmd
From a "speed" factor. Would it be comparable to a stock 996tt? That's the only think i'm worried about. My turbo is so damn fast compared to when it was stock. I certainly don't want anything to be disappointing in my Ferrari. It is such a beautiful car, i can't get it out of my head. The F430 is really under my skin, but I don't want to pay 60-100K over sticker for one
The Turbo is going to feel faster just by the torque
The 360 only makes 275 lb/ft

Old 09-29-2006, 05:12 PM
kiko is infamous around these parts
Best Motoring tested the 360 against a stock420 bhp TT and the TT was faster.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:14 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Doc Todd

F430 do it now...

Old 09-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by gareeb
The Turbo is going to feel faster just by the torque
The 360 only makes 275 lb/ft

Only 275 ft/lbs? Ouch!!! I think my turbo is 550+. hmmm. that might be a problem. i'll have to go drive one.

thanks guys

Old 09-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Come up to Seattle and I'll introduce you to Roberto @ Ferrari of Seattle.
Then you can go for a spin. You also need to wind that motor up to make power. It spins to 8500 RPM.

Only 275 ft/lbs? Ouch!!! I think my turbo is 550+. hmmm. that might be a problem. i'll have to go drive one.

thanks guys

Old 09-29-2006, 05:25 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gareeb
Come up to Seattle and I'll introduce you to Roberto @ Ferrari of Seattle.
Then you can go for a spin. You also need to wind that motor up to make power. It spins to 8500 RPM.
Or just drive your yellow coupe Garee.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Mine has not arrived yet or I would let him drive it.

Originally Posted by vincentdds
Or just drive your yellow coupe Garee.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:30 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
It will 'feel' almost as fast because of the lack of turbo lag and the great sounds it makes!

Old 09-29-2006, 06:36 PM
My buddy Mark has an '04 360 spider. He's the guy with the Dark tt-cab from our last drive Vince. I'll take that for a spin as well. I'd love to hook up with you Gareeb. I've been hearing a lot about Roberto.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Banned
jimdarcy is infamous around these parts
I drove a 360 spider last month, very disappointed in both speed and sound. high pitched winding sound, like a whiney kid, not good. the 360 has no ***** either, dont even think about trading out of the 996TT

Old 09-29-2006, 11:12 PM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
I drove a 360 spider last month, very disappointed in both speed and sound. high pitched winding sound, like a whiney kid, not good. the 360 has no ***** either, dont even think about trading out of the 996TT
what he said

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modded 996tt compared to F360?