996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Picture thread/comments from 1st Annual BayArea meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 05:16 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
thanks Fred

Thanks a lot Fred , had a great time Saturday.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:19 PM
EM 996 GTS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by luting_chen
no wonder that airbag unit and ur steering wheel's colors are not matched...haha
i can tell it's ur car endra

I know.. the airbag unit has been exposed to the sun for too long and the TechArt airbags is to $$$$$

Old 02-04-2004, 12:38 AM
werksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to behold
I also want to send along my *thanks* to Fred and all the people that were involved with putting on such a GREAT event on Saturday.

The Vinyl Sticker, the 6SpeedOnline.com license plate frame AND
the REALLY cool Carlsen Porsche key-fob/chain (?)
were really awesome gifts.
Thanks to ALL who were responsible for them.

ALL of the cars were really great (can I say REALLY anymore?) lol

Thanks also to EVERYone for not saying anything bad about me and my 914!

I actually ran into Dale, a guy I had met thru the Zclub several years ago, Dale just bought his '97 993tt about a month ago, and it was nice to hear about his recent purchase.

One last thing which made me LOL....

so as we in the last group were driving thru Santa Cruz, I got off at the Ocean exit to go and see my sister & her b/f.
Two lites down the road, these two guys pull up to me in a truck and yell over at me:

"hey, your buddies are a bunch of punks".

Why?, I ask.

"because they kept cutting us off on the highway".

I said, "well I guess when you have 5-600 horsepower, you can do whatever the hell you want".

They said, "bull****". and drove away!

Old 02-04-2004, 01:24 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
werksracer,

I would have to say they were a little off base. I saw alot of passing where passing was permitted of slower traffic. However, I never saw anyone being cut off.

Last edited by cjv; 02-04-2004 at 02:11 AM.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:05 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
There is one MAJOR problem with these kinds of meets.

Once you see all the awesome mods other people have done your bank account starts squealing like a stuck pig from all the withdrawals you have to make to pay for your new mods!

I hate you guys thanks to you I have joined MODS ANONYMOUS!

I admit I am powerless against the MODING GODS!

Old 02-04-2004, 09:18 AM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by buddyg
There is one MAJOR problem with these kinds of meets.

Once you see all the awesome mods other people have done your bank account starts squealing like a stuck pig from all the withdrawals you have to make to pay for your new mods!

...!
No **** !!

It is a serious disease!!

After seeing all the great cars (espescially how Robert's car turned out with the full TechArt treatment), all I have been doing since is trying to talk myself out of a full bodykit.

And, to think that I really do like my car exactly how it is, but...

.. mmm... must.... mmmm... mod... modifyyyy....

Old 02-04-2004, 10:15 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Hey I saw a Silver 911 with a techart kit (I think, might have just been a Turbo) yesterday in Hayward, it was parked in front of a bodyshop. I was going to drive back and see if it had the name sticker on the car. Just wanted to know if that car belonged to anyone here.

BTW, how many people have left your names on the window? I like the way the sticker looks and left mine on.

Last edited by Itzkirb; 02-04-2004 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:23 PM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Itzkirb
BTW, how many people have left your names on the window? I like the way the sticker looks and left mine on.
The sticker does look cool. I've left mine on for now. Hopefully I don't have too many enemies out there...