996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Detecting Aftermarket Chips w/ PIWIS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 11:29 AM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
hey guys...thanks for completely hijacking my thread...can we talk about detecting modified programs w/ PIWIS please?

Kevin... if I'm reading you right you are saying that you modify OE Bosch code with your reader, and since this changes the original DME files it will be detected. Your solution is to reflash back to stock files. Have you defeated the flash counter on the ROM? It will click a count each time the memory is reflashed. Do you have any insight to the stategies of REVO or GIAC for altering output?

Thanks
Dave

Old 11-26-2006, 11:48 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
someone get ready to pull my finger.......

Old 12-01-2006, 01:52 PM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
Some updated info from a fellow member of caymanclub forums where there was a similar thread running:

After reading this post I decided to contact Farnbacher as I just had the Revo chip installed. Here is what they told me.

This was true on the early software. There have been 3 updates and it is no longer able to be seen.

I have tried finding it on our cars in house and can not. We have a Pwis system tester here. Revo was made aware of this issue as soon as it became apparent.

Also , Porsche dealers can not go "looking" for software mods. I used to work at A dealer, and we where forbidden to look further than the issue at hand.
If one was still concerned that Porsche could see software, Revo has a Sps controller that allows you to switch between programs and resets the flash counter to one.

Long story short, Revo software is unable to be detected by Porsche.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope its accurate...
dw