996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Europipe II Quiet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 10:04 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Europipe II Quiet

Anyone in the Washington, D.C., Maryland, Northern Virginia area that has a Europipe II Quiet. I would really like to come by and listen to it. Thanks.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:41 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
If you hear it.. you'll buy it I can promise you that...

Old 10-10-2006, 01:54 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
FYI, there's a listing on ebay right now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW

Old 10-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Europipe Quiet

Am I the only one that noticed that the photos on that Ebay listing are of a stock 996 TT Exhaust ? Only one photo of an EP, straight from their website

Bill

Old 10-10-2006, 02:17 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
Am I the only one that noticed that the photos on that Ebay listing are of a stock 996 TT Exhaust ? Only one photo of an EP, straight from their website

Bill
Saw that too Bill How cheasy... I don't think I'd buy from that guy... I mean he'll send you a "nice stock" one perhaps...

Old 10-10-2006, 03:58 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
9Eleven, at our next meet, you can listen to about every other kind! My Fabspeed Loud, George's Fabspeed Moderate, Gunthers Milltek, and KJ's Remus. Sorry, no Europipe though.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:48 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta

Bill
He ended the listing early because of an error in the listing. I wonder what the was all about?

Old 10-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by maxwell
9Eleven, at our next meet, you can listen to about every other kind! My Fabspeed Loud, George's Fabspeed Moderate, Gunthers Milltek, and KJ's Remus. Sorry, no Europipe though.
Send me a PM when it happens.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:59 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
9Eleven,

I have EP II Quiet on my GT2 and love it. I had Ruf on my TT and have a buddy with Cargraphic. I like all three, but like the EP II the best.

I don't think you will be disappointed with it. However I will say that a GIAC chip will do more for performance, than any exhaust. You will get 60-70 hp and ft.lb of torque, versus 19 hp with EP II exhaust. The stock GT2 exhaust is pretty good, the main benefit of new exhaust is 100 cell cats, which reduce back pressure.

Otherwise exhaust is about what sound you like. Some reduce weight as well, which is good. But be sure you hear the sound at all rev ranges under all throttle conditions. Most have some drone at some RPM, some are worse than others. If you can find one you like that makes power, reduces weight and doesn't drone bad you have a winner.

In a GT2 you have limited sound deadening material so you hear more of what the exhaust is doing, so don't compare what it sounds like in a Turbo, to what it might sound like in your GT2. My Turbo, with Ruf exhaust was still very quiet inside. My GT2 with that same exhaust was much louder in the cockpit than in the Turbo.

JCM

Last edited by supercup; 10-11-2006 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:22 AM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
What do you guys think of B&B?

Old 10-11-2006, 12:30 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
my business partner had a B&B on his lambo- he loved it.
I had B&B on my 993tt, nice. but for some reason they are not sold by our 6speed sponsors...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-11-2006, 12:35 AM
supercup is infamous around these parts
JWC,

B&B is a good marketing company. Their product falls short of their competition and so they compete with good marketing and good price. When it comes to exhaust you get what you pay for.

JCM

Old 10-11-2006, 12:37 AM
JWC
Well now I have a chance to pick up a used one for $800.00 I think I'll get it. Thanks. Hey Marski is it OK to marry an Italian Sport Bike?

Old 10-11-2006, 12:59 AM
JWC
Thanks for the response supercup.

Old 10-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JWC
Well now I have a chance to pick up a used one for $800.00 I think I'll get it. Thanks. Hey Marski is it OK to marry an Italian Sport Bike?
well I yes I just sold a 999 Duc. it was fun still finicky but once u get the kinks out... its alot of fun
$800 for a used B&B u cant beat it. like I said, I and my bus. partner had it and it was good. BTW it's not as cheap as some think. Also, I had 2 "quality" 996tt exhausts that fell short of expectations... both times the welds on the holding brackets broke off... I paid $3500 for this 6 speed sponsored set of pipes... so for $800 I would take a chance.
just my opinion,
markski
ps no not all exhausts are the same but all you need is 100 cell cats and some pipes- that's it... I ended making my own.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 10-11-2006 at 01:24 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Europipe II Quiet