996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car Stalling On The Track???!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 10:17 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Unhappy Car Stalling On The Track???!!!!

Hey I need some advice. my car between upshifts ie second to third or heel toe down shifts completely cuts out like someone reached in and turned the ignition off! Have to pop the clutch to get it going. This had started to happen during a track event and now even on the streets.
Also noted a very powdery grayish/white junk on the exhaust tips.
This was my first outing with no cats and straight pipes at the track? Only other mod is a REVO ECU flash. All hoses look ok and no CEL's
Any ideas before I limp it into the dealer?
Running too lean, need a 5 bar FPR? cant think of anything else, any advise would be appreciated!

tom

Old 10-08-2006, 11:09 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Hmm weird, sounds definitely like something is up with your tuning!

Old 10-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Wait- do you have a after market clutch? LWFW?

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-09-2006, 02:24 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
thanks guys I'm thinking tuning but not sure. ran fine with the REVO before I took the cats off (and already had the LWFW prior)
well to the dealer tomorrow!

Old 10-09-2006, 05:38 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Are you running straight pipes with no cats? Maybe your Revo program wasn't written with that in mind.

Old 10-09-2006, 06:32 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
tom, it takes awhile before your ECU will try and adjust/learn to the "new condition". it's not an immediate change if you change exhaust it's an adaptive change.

Old 10-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Khalid....copied this from the REVO web site....

Revo Stage 2 software has been specifically developed to attain the best possible performance from cars with more extensive bolt on performance modifications. The Revo Stage 2 software is tuned on vehicle applications using a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, a quality aftermarket performance exhaust system and a good air intake induction system. Furthermore, our Stage 2 software can be used with a de-cat exhaust for race or track use. The tuning style is more aggressive than the basic Revo performance software, and will typically yield 10-15% more useable power.
Working in conjunction with an optional SPS device, Revo’s Stage 2 software can be finely tuned to each customer’s preference of drivability.
Stage 2 software produces 10-15% for power when used with:
  • An aftermarket performance exhaust system
  • A 4 bar fuel pressure regulator
  • An optional aftermarket diverter valve
I had done the all but the FPR as the dealer said it wasnt necessary?!

Hopefully that is all it is and I will have one put in tomorrow, but for some reason I doubt it?!

Oak, I didnt know that! I just dont want to hurt the car. Its driven mostly at the track, and was taken to the track after the cats were removed. I hope I have a smart ECU!

thanks again

tom

Last edited by tom kerr; 10-09-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:57 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
tom, you do know that the turbo comes with a 4bar fpr from the factory. not sure why REVO thinks that it's an upgrade?!

Old 10-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
The factory one is 3.75 bar

Old 10-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Oak, I agree and thanks Neil also, I did check and found out about the 3.8 factory regulator.

I guess a better question if you or anyone knows is does it matter what FPR to go with ie the full continuous 5 bar or the 1:1 variable.

I was going to go with the variable as it seemed to make more sense. But then Viper Bob said yeah that's great but then your dealer will have to calibrate it! So not sure? Any preferences???

thanks again

tom

Old 10-09-2006, 08:28 PM
oak
tom, not sure about the REVO programming, but unless it's programmed for 5bar and you have changed out your fuel injectors, you are pissn in the wind.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:20 PM
thanks for all your help oak, I'll let ya know!!!