996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Results - VMAX England

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:57 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Vincent
The speed yellow 993TT is an RS Tuning 533HP car that belongs to MOD 500, and did 193mph. It does not have more than what you see.

The 996GT2 is a RUF 590 Nardo that dyno'ed 638BHP.

The Black 993RUF that you see in the picture above is the one that did 198mph at par with the Nardo. It is lightweight and aerodynamics are improved. 556BHP and a gorgeous car.

DMS had a tuned 997TT that did 191mph.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:17 AM
kiko is infamous around these parts
Reinhold Schmirler is the trick...LOL

This last weekend I was invited to a very private Porsche friends reunion at Ascari Race Resort (www.ascari.net) and in the evening when talking to a friend which is very well related to both Porsche and Manthey (He managed to get a hold on a new 180k euros 997 GT3 Cup for himself ) and although he has a Manthey 996 GT3 Mk2 he was very confident stating that was generally accepted within Porsche "world" the RS Tuning was the best turbo engine tuner.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:18 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jean
Vincent
The speed yellow 993TT is an RS Tuning 533HP car that belongs to MOD 500, and did 193mph. It does not have more than what you see.

The 996GT2 is a RUF 590 Nardo that dyno'ed 638BHP.

The Black 993RUF that you see in the picture above is the one that did 198mph at par with the Nardo. It is lightweight and aerodynamics are improved. 556BHP and a gorgeous car.

DMS had a tuned 997TT that did 191mph.

Jean

Thank you. The original post labeled it wrong. So it make sense that Leon's car did 198mph and not the SY 993tt. I have read and familiar with Leon's LW and hp. I would love to see a Protomotive tuned 993tt line up against it

Old 10-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Schuepbach is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Red Devil
Did you guys not have enough room? I would have expected some cracking of the 200 mph barrier.
cracking the 200 mph barrier on that track is very hard. The track needs to be a bit longer, the main problem is the braking zone. Last time I drove on Bruntingthorp you had a reasonable braking distance but if you messed up you would end up in a parking lot full of Puegot's. Also the surface isn't too ideal, its essentially made of concrete planks that usually call for a very bumpy ride.

198 is really good though, I forget what guy posted but I think he used to have the record with his RGT2.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Vincent,

I don't like speed .....for performance, I go by the AX22 numbers posted in my signature. My big GT2 butt does not really help with aerodynamics. I would love to see where the RUFs stack on a 60-130mph

Leon's car is a perfect fit for runs like these, and it has the right driver in it and the right engine, not my strong, just like the quartermile isn't either.

Guy is another high speed junkie it seems, he trapped 202mph in his gorgeous car!

Top speed is limited by distance and braking as was mentioned rightly above.

Any new AX22 runs? Please PM..