996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sharky's 996TT Farewell Compilation Video...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 02:04 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dtmarsh
Alex,

Great vid. And your shop is a class act. I enjoy the work you've done to my car every time I drive it. It's amazing. Thanks for all your help;-)
Thanks for the kind words and hopefully you're getting some good power out of that nice cool air where you are... Always a pleasure!

Old 10-14-2006, 11:41 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WyattH
Well now wasn't that just a sad video.
I took a lot of time off frmo 6speed a while back and missed a lot of your car's evolution. There are many videos on my computer that I now know are yours!
You and your car have inspired many people in the community. Sad to see it go, but just as glad to see you staying with us.
Heh thanks for the kind words and she had a reall good run indeed!

Old 10-14-2006, 02:29 PM
Uploaded a newer version since the mpg version had some weird artifacts (srorry guys)...

here y'are:
Right click and save as...
http://videos.g33kd.net/blackmambafinal.mpg

Old 10-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Ray
Alex, white shark will be a good match with your C2!
It sure will.. although next to the C2 which is Glacier white the Biarritz looks creamy.. like a cream puff

Old 10-19-2006, 02:09 AM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hehe back in the day eh? Well you certainly got the mod-bug BAD didn't you? All Alex's fall to it...
Yes, yes they do! Great video man! Can't wait to see the 6-speed version!

Old 10-19-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Yes, yes they do! Great video man! Can't wait to see the 6-speed version!
That one will be x-rated for sure and not some PG-13 car

Old 10-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Red C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to behold
Nice video Alex. Sad to see her go. You definately were one of the first to really push the 996TT to its limits. Cheers my friend.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Red C5
Nice video Alex. Sad to see her go. You definately were one of the first to really push the 996TT to its limits. Cheers my friend.
Thanks buddy, we had some good times with her... It was only being pushed as hard by my friends cars that were faster

Old 10-23-2006, 12:37 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Awsome vid Alex. I just watched it with my father in law.
Let me know if you need some lessons on how to drive a 6speed with your new car.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Awsome vid Alex. I just watched it with my father in law.
Let me know if you need some lessons on how to drive a 6speed with your new car.
hehe thanks luis... I think this was only the second "tip/auto" I've ever had so I'm ok shifting a stick (no naughty thoughts please). Should be a fun car that's for sure.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Guys sorry to not respond to the PM's (they get lost...) but the song you guys were asking me about is by SIA called Breathe Me....

Old 05-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Well it's a "farewell" of sorts anyways. Since the black 996TT is now being retired and "other" stuff is under way, I put together a few videos of all the shenanigans over the past 4 years of ownership. Drag racing, stock, hitting 11s, then 10s, almost loosing it, the European Car shoot out, Excellence shoot out, Cort Wagner Johannes Van Overbeek and Darren Law all driving (almost crashing heh...), racing from a roll and other crap. Seriously thanks to everyone on here for making it a fun fun ride. I'm not going anywhere, it's just time to move on and you'll have to see the end of the video to find out where (don't worry it's not very far at all).

WARNING (it's large at 150mb)
http://videos.g33kd.net/blackmambafinal.mpg

or for Windows Media Player here's the WMV file (90mb)
http://videos.g33kd.net/blackmamba_windows_wmv.wmv

Old 05-13-2007, 10:04 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
the only thing missing is Vin Diesel when you slaughter that 360...

- chuck

Old 05-14-2007, 08:45 AM
JRL
JRL is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the recap - as a FNG I missed the journey - makes me want to break open the piggy bank

Old 05-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by carendt242
the only thing missing is Vin Diesel when you slaughter that 360...

- chuck
if I told you the guy is a friend and we went over those exact lines would you believe me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sharky's 996TT Farewell Compilation Video...