996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sharky's 996TT Farewell Compilation Video...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 04:29 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Alex a good machine is like a good friend, You hate to see them go but the memories and good times are forever linked to your heart and mind.. She was the one that set many standards by which us Modaholics will be judged and aspire to be... What a world of knowledge she brought to Sharkwerks as well.. Thanks for the memories, "Black Mamba"

Old 05-14-2007, 05:21 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Dude, that was awesome! Thanks for opening the thread back up so we could all enjoy.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Alex - the past was fun. You make it sound like you're hanging up your skates. The future is what I would like to hear about. What's going on with your new car(S)?

Mike

Old 05-15-2007, 10:31 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
Alex - the past was fun. You make it sound like you're hanging up your skates. The future is what I would like to hear about. What's going on with your new car(S)?

Mike
Hi Mike, I'm not hanging up my skates just yet Although my drag racing days are over... In a nut shell, we recently finished a GT800 project where we specced out our own 3.8L kit. The goal was to eliminate "some" lag and make the GT800 feel perky like a GT700 down low.... That's basically the direction we're going with our white 996TT. In some ways, I think about going back a step to a GT700 with a 3.8 kit and still being able to make _decent_ power with 91. Using leaded gas etc.... just isn't always on the cards, hence neither are the crazy high HP numbers but having driven both, I'll be happy with a GT800 that traps 141mph (full weight) when I need power.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:31 AM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hi Mike, I'm not hanging up my skates just yet Although my drag racing days are over... In a nut shell, we recently finished a GT800 project where we specced out our own 3.8L kit. The goal was to eliminate "some" lag and make the GT800 feel perky like a GT700 down low.... That's basically the direction we're going with our white 996TT. In some ways, I think about going back a step to a GT700 with a 3.8 kit and still being able to make _decent_ power with 91. Using leaded gas etc.... just isn't always on the cards, hence neither are the crazy high HP numbers but having driven both, I'll be happy with a GT800 that traps 141mph (full weight) when I need power.
Will I get a ride Wednesday?

Old 05-15-2007, 01:46 PM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
great video. so whats next then?

Old 05-15-2007, 02:22 PM
CLS
CLS is infamous around these partsCLS is infamous around these parts
Alex - That was awesome I never got to see you car in action only heard the rep glad I was able to see this video nice compilation should be posted on your website. I loved the shot of the guy spinning your car out in LV you must have swallowed hard after that!

Old 05-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharkster
That sounds very cool Alex. It sounds like this engine is yet to be built? It would be great to see a "build" post.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:52 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
That sounds very cool Alex. It sounds like this engine is yet to be built? It would be great to see a "build" post.
Ours isn't but the 2005 Turbo S is currently a 3.8L GT800 Pix to follow once we get it tuned etc...

Old 05-15-2007, 05:56 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Great!!
Alex of all the people that I have meet in the EVOMS community you are the MAN !!!! good luck on your 3.8 liter! I just finished my Proto 3.8 liter and I am waiting in line to have Todd work his magic on my car!!!

Old 05-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by robmd99
Great!!
Alex of all the people that I have meet in the EVOMS community you are the MAN !!!! good luck on your 3.8 liter! I just finished my Proto 3.8 liter and I am waiting in line to have Todd work his magic on my car!!!
Holy **** Rob. You move fast!
Who built your engine?

Old 05-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by robmd99
Great!!
Thanks for the kind words Rod. Good luck with the new direction on the car! I just drove our White 996TT for the first time in about 3 months. Man do I miss _boost_ I'll post more about this car and the other one shortly