996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Thoughts on EVOMS Swift Shift Kit???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 03:48 PM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
Thoughts on EVOMS Swift Shift Kit???

Does anyone have this on there turbo? how does it compare to the BM or Porsche SSK?

http://www.evoms.com/marketplace/Vie...2553F318AD6%7D

Old 10-13-2006, 04:23 PM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
my ssk was a great investment... one of my favorites

Old 10-13-2006, 05:04 PM
L Gancho is infamous around these parts
I installed the B&M SSK. VERY happy with it. IMHO the TT should have this from the factory! This is the most inexpensive upgrade I'd recommend to anyone.

Old 10-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
We carry the B&M Short Shifter, and the EVO Shift Link. Seems like the perfect combination.

Old 10-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Lot Rent is infamous around these parts
I just had an Evoms swift shift installed. Seems like a nice balance between the sloppy stock shifter and a traditional short shifter. Feels much tighter but still easy to shift. Worth the money!!

Old 10-13-2006, 07:17 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lot Rent
I just had an Evoms swift shift installed. Seems like a nice balance between the sloppy stock shifter and a traditional short shifter. Feels much tighter but still easy to shift. Worth the money!!
Will this kit work on a Gt2 shifter?

Old 10-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Lot Rent is infamous around these parts
I believe it will. I had the dealer install it. Svc manager told me it is just a shorter linkage not an actual shorter shifter. I was told the stock shifter is still used but the shorter linkage is what reduces the amount of travel by approx 20%. If you order one just ask evoms, they are great to work with and will answer any of your questions

Old 10-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
What's a EVOMS Swift Shift Kit?

Old 10-19-2006, 11:18 AM
msv
msv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to behold
I just ordered one, will give my impressions after installing it this weekend. I might pick up a B&M shifter to install this weekend as well and then make a decision on which to keep.

Last edited by msv; 10-19-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:23 PM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
Cool MSV, Let us know what you think. Seems like the avenue I want to pursue. Its got a good price and it also includes EVO's billet linkage.

R

Old 10-23-2006, 12:24 PM
msv
msv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to beholdmsv is a splendid one to behold
First off, I want to give some thanks out to Evo. I placed my order online, and for some reason there was a delay in getting it shipped out. They sent it overnight Saturday delivery at their expense in order to make sure I had it for this weekend!

On to the install. I followed the instructions from the B&M shifter. You basically have to go through most of the same steps. I just wish I'd had a carbon console to install at the same time!

I'm happy with the shifter. The travel has reduced the shift throw to reasonable proportions now and shift effort remains light. For those looking for ultra short shift motion, this is not the ticket, but if you want something that transforms the ridiculously long throw of the stock shifter to a throw that is reasonable for a sports car, while tightening up the action and keeping the effort light, this is highly recommended.

The B&M I ordered didn't make it in this weekend so I couldn't do a back to back, but I don't think I'll change from the Swift Shift at this point.

If there are any questions, let me know!

Old 10-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
I installed the B&M shifter in mt GT2 last weekend and WOW what a difference. It definitley takes more effort to shift now, but it's a welcome change since you can really feel the trans engage each gear selection now. The throw feels very short comapared to the stock shifter, another welcome suprise. Most of the time you don't get as much as you expect, but I'd say with the B&M I got as much if not MORE than expected.

Overall I would reccomend a B&M unit to anyone even slightly interested in installing a short shifter.

For what it's worth, it was a simple job I did in the garage in less than an hour. Instructions were super easy to follow and the install doesn;t have any difficult steps.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is infamous around these parts
I had the Evo in a 996TT and the B&M in two different Boxsters now. I much prefer the B&M. The Evo was still too long and soft/sloppy a throw for me. But others might find the B&M a bit notchy.

For my money...B&M.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:33 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bodybag
I installed the B&M shifter in mt GT2 last weekend and WOW what a difference. It definitley takes more effort to shift now, but it's a welcome change since you can really feel the trans engage each gear selection now. The throw feels very short comapared to the stock shifter, another welcome suprise. Most of the time you don't get as much as you expect, but I'd say with the B&M I got as much if not MORE than expected.

Overall I would reccomend a B&M unit to anyone even slightly interested in installing a short shifter.

For what it's worth, it was a simple job I did in the garage in less than an hour. Instructions were super easy to follow and the install doesn;t have any difficult steps.
That's strange, I just had mine installed on mine Monday. I agree with your comments. Much shorter and deliberate throws. Somewhat notchy, but you get used to it after a couple of long drives. Not for everyone, but I wouldn't go back after experiencing what the shifter should feel like.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zippy
What's a EVOMS Swift Shift Kit?
Is it a short shifter or a shift linkage?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on EVOMS Swift Shift Kit???