996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Peak Boost on my gt700

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 11:26 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
to be fair.. proto does custom work- almost every car they do is a one off....... evoms on the other hand sell kits that can be installed by a network of dealers... and the tuning is preprogrammed...
proto, on the other hand, is specific to ur individual car... so U would expect him to squeeze more juice out of the car...
also, he redoes the whole intake, ICs, etc...for better flow and efficiency... and thats where I think they have an edge.... he also has his own MAF solution... thats a plus....
nothing to take away from others... but Ill just stop since Im partial with my opinion and don't want to p%ss anyone off.
Tuners have different philosophies and approaches and there is nothing wrong with that....
I agree that custom tuning and flow efficiencies will result in more power with less boost.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
proto vs. evoms

THe reason I picked EVOMS over Protomotive is very simple. I wanted a car that felt very NA. The evoms and most garrett lim programs tend to drive super super smooth. So my driveablity is amazing. I was in a proto car and all I feel is a late crushing turbo boost past 3600 rpms. Where thats awesome I would buy a bmw m3 and throw a huge turbo on it if thats the type of car I wanted. What I wanted was smooth delivery and normal every day boostability. Not driving the car NA under 3500 rpms and then making retarded boost after. JUST MY IMO BEFORE PEOPLE GET ALL CRAZY!

Old 10-16-2006, 12:27 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
Jag,

It is my very vague understanding that certain of EVOMS' programs essentially "trick" the ECU into thinking the boost is lower than it actually is, in order to prevent TB shut down. With these programs, the OEM boost guage will read lower than the actual boost (at full boost). The Defi guage will be accurate. My car has such a program. I do not know whether the GT700 prgram operates this way (or your prgram in particular).

Craig

Ps: Thats a lota boost for stock internals.
Exactly. I have the diode taht tricks the ecu, so the stock gauge is highly inaccurate.

I was hoping to get the car out today bur its pissing down. No point now because on WOT all i'll get is spin.

Jag

Old 10-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
THe reason I picked EVOMS over Protomotive is very simple. I wanted a car that felt very NA. The evoms and most garrett lim programs tend to drive super super smooth. So my driveablity is amazing. I was in a proto car and all I feel is a late crushing turbo boost past 3600 rpms. Where thats awesome I would buy a bmw m3 and throw a huge turbo on it if thats the type of car I wanted.
Not that it matters, but my car feels just like a stock X50 or Turbo 'S' TT...only with a LOT more power.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
THe reason I picked EVOMS over Protomotive is very simple. I wanted a car that felt very NA. The evoms and most garrett lim programs tend to drive super super smooth. So my driveablity is amazing. I was in a proto car and all I feel is a late crushing turbo boost past 3600 rpms. Where thats awesome I would buy a bmw m3 and throw a huge turbo on it if thats the type of car I wanted. What I wanted was smooth delivery and normal every day boostability. Not driving the car NA under 3500 rpms and then making retarded boost after. JUST MY IMO BEFORE PEOPLE GET ALL CRAZY!
Im not picking on you but whos car up in NJ were you IN?
The only person I know of that has a entry level Proto car is William Mueller and thats not a 700 HP car liek urs with $40K invested in tuning. You would need to drive Scott's( divirextreme) car to compare... dont you think- apples to apples...
mind you that Divirexxtremes' car is the fastest 1/4 car on 6 speed to date thats on a stock motor... and he already proved via time slips on another thread that his apparent LAG everyone talks about is right up with the gt700- like it should be... and yet he has Less HP then most gt700s...
things that make you go hhhmm...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-16-2006, 03:08 PM
yellowturbo is infamous around these parts
all about area under the torque/hp curve...not peak, right?

Old 10-16-2006, 03:14 PM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
I think that the ideal tune for the TT is generating the most HP while achieving the least amount of boost. This seems to be the philosophy of most of the Euro tuners. Man I shudder to think about running 1.5 bar of boost and trying to get over 100K on the odometer. I am tuning my TT now so I will have 600HP at the FW and my max boost will be 1.1 bar on pump gas.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
I'm not gonna cry about two tenths of a second. I love that scott ran a 10.6 awesome great job even. Guess what I don't care. My car rips. its smooth and is exactly where I want it to be. I dont have some crazy large turbos (garrett/k16 hybrids). I have a very well thought out kit. I have EVOMS IC's and and bunch of other goodies and am exactly whee I want to be with the car. Have fun with your never ending build. I'm done!. I didnt have a EVOMS DEALER install the kit. I had my buddies at ICS performance do it. I didn't spend 40 thousand dollars and I still get the appreciation from fans of the car because the car looks and moves Great!. Easy with the stupid Proto-EVOMS war. Its exactly that stupid! Personally Ill take GIAC software over anything becuase I like what they do for Porsche and Audi. Never had issues and will continue not to. Plus I get a program switcher which I use for both my cayenne and my TT. I'm not trying to be the fastest car in the block. If I was I would have sent my car to TOdd at Proto and done his 1000+ kit. Enjoy your car as I do mine. You can be all Proto and love it Mark. I'll still sit here and back my boy Stephen Kasper at Imagine Auto because it was more then a kit. It was the experience.

-Suman

Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Im not picking on you but whos car up in NJ were you IN?
The only person I know of that has a entry level Proto car is William Mueller and thats not a 700 HP car liek urs with $40K invested in tuning. You would need to drive Scott's( divirextreme) car to compare... dont you think- apples to apples...
mind you that Divirexxtremes' car is the fastest 1/4 car on 6 speed to date thats on a stock motor... and he already proved via time slips on another thread that his apparent LAG everyone talks about is right up with the gt700- like it should be... and yet he has Less HP then most gt700s...
things that make you go hhhmm...

Old 10-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I'm not gonna cry about two tenths of a second. I love that scott ran a 10.6 awesome great job even. Guess what I don't care. My car rips. its smooth and is exactly where I want it to be. I dont have some crazy large turbos (garrett/k16 hybrids). I have a very well thought out kit. I have EVOMS IC's and and bunch of other goodies and am exactly whee I want to be with the car. Have fun with your never ending build. I'm done!. I didnt have a EVOMS DEALER install the kit. I had my buddies at ICS performance do it. I didn't spend 40 thousand dollars and I still get the appreciation from fans of the car because the car looks and moves Great!. Easy with the stupid Proto-EVOMS war. Its exactly that stupid! Personally Ill take GIAC software over anything becuase I like what they do for Porsche and Audi. Never had issues and will continue not to. Plus I get a program switcher which I use for both my cayenne and my TT. I'm not trying to be the fastest car in the block. If I was I would have sent my car to TOdd at Proto and done his 1000+ kit. Enjoy your car as I do mine. You can be all Proto and love it Mark. I'll still sit here and back my boy Stephen Kasper at Imagine Auto because it was more then a kit. It was the experience.

-Suman
I agree with you 100%... I only went with proto because of the personal approach. I also exhausted most of the above mentioned tuners/chips... cargraphics, FVD, GIAC....
Its been an experience as well and thats what its about....
good for you Im glad your happy.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-16-2006, 03:38 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Lets keep this on track. This is not a EVOMS vs PROTO thread.

Thankyou and lets enjoy our fast cars regardless of who tuned them.

Jag

Old 10-16-2006, 03:52 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !

-Suman
At the end of the day... your car, your money and your choice. I am happy that you are satisfied. Try to get some GPS and track times for comparison purposes for the rest of us peasants in the 600HP range. The more data in the public domain on all these kits from different tuners is a plus for all looking to upgrade. Congrats. Kevin

Old 10-17-2006, 04:17 AM
justdumb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KPG
The more data in the public domain on all these kits from different tuners is a plus for all looking to upgrade.
Hear, hear!

Old 10-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough

-Suman
Highhats,

I PM'ed you about your car.

Old 10-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sharkster
you want a swatch with that Never used teh defi stuff but from what I've heard they're kinda strange in terms of calibration etc... pump should be sustained 20 or thereabouts and 100 should be 24 or there abouts. I only use Autometer and I guess it depends also on where it's hooked in to...
Maybe I missed something along the way, are you talking about running 20psi on pump with no mods other than a reprogrammed ECU, or is this with a 5bar FPR (or even more)?

Last edited by Bodybag; 10-17-2006 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bodybag
Maybe I missed something along the way, are you talking about running 20psi on pump with no mods other than a reprogrammed ECU, or is this with a 5bar FPR (or even more)?
Full fuel system upgrade and bigger turbos.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Peak Boost on my gt700