996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Adios Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
C6 Z06?

Old 10-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr
yeah i dont think i am gonna give her one last drive... as i didnt think about what would happen if someone hit me or porsche said something. But seriously with my luck i would get hit by some idot.

As far as the next car goes...I wanted to get info on the slant nose. I have no idea but if they are a mechanical pain then thats out of the question. The NSX is out to as well its a dam honda and i wasnt thinking.

As far as the 993tt... I am thinking of that car even more now. As well as with a Skyline R34... and modding the hell out of either of the two.

The 335 idea isnt bad martin. As the car is primarily set up for a twin turbo setup, turbo upgrades would be no problem and should be expected soon if not already. But seriously i would feel foolish to buy that when i saw the new M3 pass me today out in Malibu... It moves and sounds decent.. i know it was muffled a bit but it sounded nice from what i heard.

I just want to get into something quick because honestly I need something to fill the void... I have this horrible need to play with cars... My girl says i have a problem... I say i have a passion...
All good choices. The NSX is a Honda and the styling is nearly two decades old. I'd pass.

The R34 is very easy to mod to 400 bhp, but it's always going to have that second rate interior. Not to mention the glass gearbox and diffs.

A 993TT would be nice but they are old cars now.

What about an earlier model Ferrari with a twin turbo conversion? A 355 spider with two GT28Rs or even GT30Rs would be a fine daily.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:49 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
buy an 01 or 02 and go 700hp.... you will soon forget about the troubles w/ your current car

Old 10-18-2006, 12:16 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
yeah i dont think i am gonna give her one last drive... as i didnt think about what would happen if someone hit me or porsche said something. But seriously with my luck i would get hit by some idot.

As far as the next car goes...I wanted to get info on the slant nose. I have no idea but if they are a mechanical pain then thats out of the question. The NSX is out to as well its a dam honda and i wasnt thinking.

As far as the 993tt... I am thinking of that car even more now. As well as with a Skyline R34... and modding the hell out of either of the two.

The 335 idea isnt bad martin. As the car is primarily set up for a twin turbo setup, turbo upgrades would be no problem and should be expected soon if not already. But seriously i would feel foolish to buy that when i saw the new M3 pass me today out in Malibu... It moves and sounds decent.. i know it was muffled a bit but it sounded nice from what i heard.

I just want to get into something quick because honestly I need something to fill the void... I have this horrible need to play with cars... My girl says i have a problem... I say i have a passion...
Im def. picking up another M3 or 335, i cant get enough of the bimmers, amazing driver cars and tons of fun! Goodluck man, i would also love to own a 993TT one day!

Old 10-18-2006, 12:17 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
All good choices. The NSX is a Honda and the styling is nearly two decades old. I'd pass.

The R34 is very easy to mod to 400 bhp, but it's always going to have that second rate interior. Not to mention the glass gearbox and diffs.

A 993TT would be nice but they are old cars now.

What about an earlier model Ferrari with a twin turbo conversion? A 355 spider with two GT28Rs or even GT30Rs would be a fine daily.
There was actually a company who came out with a TT kit for the 355, ran a 10.5 i believe, it was in Modified luxury and Exotics on upcoming products or modification page! I went to their website and it looks like they went out of business

Old 10-18-2006, 12:43 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
993TT would be sweet, low miles, good ppi, you can't go wrong. I always saw cabs as a little femanine, even the TT(jmo). Slant noses are great cars but all are old now and will need some work, my all time favorite. Personally would steer clear of asian cars, just don't do it for me, sorry. M3's are good, but you might be underwhelmed at the power delta coming off a TT.
Consider a Ford GT, now that's a car! The new vette deserves a look too, you'd save quite a bit of coin.
Good luck, I'd park it too, my luck would be about as bad as yours.

Old 10-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
not getting another cab...so thats that... unless its a daytona...saw mami vice the first two episodes the other day...the daytona looks hot... but i hear they cost a hell of a penny.

Also i dont find the new Z06 that great... The interiour just doesnt make me feel right...

As far as the R34 tranny... Glass box tranny holds like over 800hp... Not that much of a glass tranny...especially since it is a 6 speed Getrag tranny..

Went and sat in a ford GT yesturday. Seats suck..and getting in and out isnt all that great...

the 993TT is where i might be heading...

Anyone know where the heck VRALEX is .... he has owned everything... I wouldnt mind hearing his two cents...

as far as a 996tt goes... the prices wont hold like they did on the 993tt... Heck the entire run of 996tt is the same amount of every other turbo model sold put together. I think they had a run of over 10k turbos... thats a LOT... the value will tank in 2 years... and then i go buy a decent one for like 60k... if i dont buy a new GT2 or something

Old 10-18-2006, 02:21 PM
not getting another cab...so thats that... unless its a daytona...saw mami vice the first two episodes the other day...the daytona looks hot... but i hear they cost a hell of a penny.

Also i dont find the new Z06 that great... The interiour just doesnt make me feel right...

As far as the R34 tranny... Glass box tranny holds like over 800hp... Not that much of a glass tranny...especially since it is a 6 speed Getrag tranny..

Went and sat in a ford GT yesturday. Seats suck..and getting in and out isnt all that great...

the 993TT is where i might be heading...

Anyone know where the heck VRALEX is .... he has owned everything... I wouldnt mind hearing his two cents...

as far as a 996tt goes... the prices wont hold like they did on the 993tt... Heck the entire run of 996tt is the same amount of every other turbo model sold put together. I think they had a run of over 10k turbos... thats a LOT... the value will tank in 2 years... and then i go buy a decent one for like 60k... if i dont buy a new GT2 or something
It already tanked LOL, i could only see it going down a little bit more then UP in years to come like 993tt!

Old 10-18-2006, 09:57 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
94 3.6 turbo FTW! I am in love with that car. def on the list of porsche to have in the future for me.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
... My girl says i have a problem... I say i have a passion...
thats funny, my dad just kind of lectured me on how im thinking too much about cars, and i am obsessed and what not...and I said the same thing...I have a passion...

Old 10-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
whats the price on 94s going for now adays anyways...what 80k or so?

Old 10-18-2006, 10:40 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
How about a 550 Maranello and do some stuff to it? Not many people have modded 550's.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
GTR gearboxes smash on the 2 - 3 shift as soon as you make any real power. That's the experience of drag racers .. if you shift easy I guess you avoid the abovementioned driveline weaknesses.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by JoeyG
How about a 550 Maranello and do some stuff to it? Not many people have modded 550's.
Blah, they are weak

Old 10-18-2006, 10:46 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Blah, they are weak
Blah fine. Go get yourself a damn Veyron, stick some GOOD sized turbos on it and enjoy putting wrinkles in the road wherever you decide to feather the pedal. Sheesh.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Adios Turbo