996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Adios Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
Adios Turbo

Okay guys not much time left with my cab... As Porsche is offically willing to buy it back... (yippie)... yet i am very sad to let this car go for many reasons. So i ask you guys this. I think i got a week left... If you lived in LA where would you go with her for photos and such... Gonna make a day of it soon and hope it doesnt break down while driving.

Next question... Where can i get info on the Slant nose? I am feeling more drawn to it the more i see them.

Thanks

Old 10-17-2006, 11:59 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Glad it has been finally resolved to your satisfaction. I know you'll miss it because I still miss mine.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:08 PM
jay_ftw is infamous around these parts
Are you replacing it with something else?

Old 10-17-2006, 12:20 PM
for sure... but i dont know what... i want to get the money and then go buy something that day... I hate to wait and stuff.. i think i might get a slant nose or a 94 turbo... dont know which yet... or i might go a WHOLE other way with it.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:44 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Glad you came out on top man, goodluck with your next car and purchase!

Old 10-17-2006, 01:46 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
You always got the beach! Keep us informed on what you go with...

Old 10-17-2006, 01:56 PM
I dont know what the hell to buy... dam it.. i dont want another turbo so soon...especially since the prices are just falling... So i figure the following:

Skyline (use mine as a daily)
94 Turbo
85 Slant Nose
Ferrari Daytona
Truck (not cayenne as i got passed by a 4 runner)
NSX
850csi (MOD the hell out of it)

i dont know.. i am a big guy at 6.2 300lbs... so i dont get many sporty options...

Old 10-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I would play it safe after waiting so long and just now getting the OK from Porsche NA and not drive it. If you have luck like mine some old blue hair would back into me. Just enough for Porsche to say NO DEAL.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:24 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr
I dont know what the hell to buy... dam it.. i dont want another turbo so soon...especially since the prices are just falling... So i figure the following:

94 Turbo
85 Slant Nose
Ferrari Daytona
NSX

i dont know.. i am a big guy at 6.2 300lbs... so i dont get many sporty options...
BMW 335, do suspension, ecu/exhaust and so on! I just drove one and loved it, it will be a tuner compliant car and made into a beast, i guarentee it! Just get it and chill, until you find what you really want

Old 10-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I don't see how you can get into a good used car immeditely. What's the hurry?

Old 10-17-2006, 05:38 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
850 csi? That's an interesting choice.

Old 10-17-2006, 05:53 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
For one last hurrah, how about a nice drive up PCH to Big Sur or Monterey for the weekend, or if you don't want to go that far, pack up an overnight bag, and your girl and head up to Napa, or Santa Barbara.

As for what to get next, how about a 993TT? Other than the Skyline or NSX, the others on your list are asking to give you occassional problems with maybe the exception of the '94 Turbo. I personally would go '01 996TT and mod the crap out of it, but I can understand why you don't want to get back into another one so quickly. As Martin said, maybe just get a decent everyday car until you really know what you want, but then again with both you and Martin, you guys change your mind every other day as to what you want

Old 10-17-2006, 06:07 PM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr

94 Turbo
85 Slant Nose
Ferrari Daytona
NSX
haahhhaa....OMG, and you thought your turbo broke down a lot. Mid 80's sports cars are far worse my friend.

dw

Old 10-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
For one last hurrah, how about a nice drive up PCH to Big Sur or Monterey for the weekend, or if you don't want to go that far, pack up an overnight bag, and your girl and head up to Napa, or Santa Barbara.

As for what to get next, how about a 993TT? Other than the Skyline or NSX, the others on your list are asking to give you occassional problems with maybe the exception of the '94 Turbo. I personally would go '01 996TT and mod the crap out of it, but I can understand why you don't want to get back into another one so quickly. As Martin said, maybe just get a decent everyday car until you really know what you want, but then again with both you and Martin, you guys change your mind every other day as to what you want
LOL what can i say, i love EVERYTHING and can never keep something for too long Blah, one day i'll buy them all

Old 10-17-2006, 07:37 PM
yeah i dont think i am gonna give her one last drive... as i didnt think about what would happen if someone hit me or porsche said something. But seriously with my luck i would get hit by some idot.

As far as the next car goes...I wanted to get info on the slant nose. I have no idea but if they are a mechanical pain then thats out of the question. The NSX is out to as well its a dam honda and i wasnt thinking.

As far as the 993tt... I am thinking of that car even more now. As well as with a Skyline R34... and modding the hell out of either of the two.

The 335 idea isnt bad martin. As the car is primarily set up for a twin turbo setup, turbo upgrades would be no problem and should be expected soon if not already. But seriously i would feel foolish to buy that when i saw the new M3 pass me today out in Malibu... It moves and sounds decent.. i know it was muffled a bit but it sounded nice from what i heard.

I just want to get into something quick because honestly I need something to fill the void... I have this horrible need to play with cars... My girl says i have a problem... I say i have a passion...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Adios Turbo