996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SharkWerks now a Fikse Wheels Dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 09:31 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
SharkWerks now a Fikse Wheels Dealer

I figured I'd let you folks know that as of today Shark Werks is now a Fikse wheel dealer. I know many of you have associated us with Kinesis wheels (and rightly so) in the past but as you've all by now read that the company as we knew it is no longer and is owned by Lexani. It was as much a suprise to me as it was to you guys but that's the nature of the business I guess. Anyways, I'm actually pretty happy because it's given us the opportunity to try something different and in fact partner up with Fikse USA, who have for a long time been making light, strong and stylish wheels. I don't see much on the boards about them (usually HRE, Champion etc...) and seeing as they are not readily available from most vendors I figured I'd let you know that you can indeed get them from us and we'll happily help you out. Way before we ever became a Fikse dealer we actually bought a set for our 996 wide-body project car (see pictures) and I've always liked them. They're DOT legal, used a lot for club-racing (so we know they're strong) and very light. As usual there's a plethora of finishes available...

A few different choices include:
Profil 10s
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=29

Profil 13s
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=100

FM/10s
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=97

Attached Images     
Old 10-17-2006, 10:19 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Sharky,

What is the lightest wheel Fikse produces in the stock 996tt size? How does the weight compare to the OEM hollow spokes, F & R?

Old 10-17-2006, 10:28 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John D II
Sharky,

What is the lightest wheel Fikse produces in the stock 996tt size? How does the weight compare to the OEM hollow spokes, F & R?
Hi John,

To give you an idea on the Profil 10s set that I have on the shop car (were actually for a 996TT originally) so 8x18 and 11.5x18 were 20 and 21.5 pounds respectively (without tires). The stockers are about 23 and 26.5 if I remember right.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:02 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Thanks, that's a nice weight savings. PM me a price on a set, please.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:41 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
My office located a few miles from the Fikse. I must say they have built a big reputation for such a small company. I love their wheels.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:32 AM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
Awsome looking car vincentdds! Ride height and wheels look great.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:33 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Nice alex, congrats

Old 10-18-2006, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by John D II
Thanks, that's a nice weight savings. PM me a price on a set, please.
Hi John,

Will do in the morning. PM or Email the particular type.. Profil's or Classics and I'll let you know..

Thanx@

Old 10-18-2006, 12:58 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Had Fikse Profil 10's in anodized black as my track wheels for my old M3, amazing wheels!!!!!

Old 10-18-2006, 12:59 AM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Fikses are great

Old 10-18-2006, 01:51 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
i have never heard any thing bad about fikse. hre has more styles to choose from but we all know it's more for looks than function. too bad about kenesis.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
My office located a few miles from the Fikse. I must say they have built a big reputation for such a small company. I love their wheels.

Those are the Profil 5S'... and you're exactly right and that's the reason why we went with them. I like the fact that they are pretty Porsche-specific...

Old 10-18-2006, 12:42 PM
tthoang1 is infamous around these parts
Alex,

Can you see if Fikse makes wheels for a Ferrari 360 in 18"? I like the Fikse FM10 or Profil 10. TIA

Old 10-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by tthoang1
Alex,

Can you see if Fikse makes wheels for a Ferrari 360 in 18"? I like the Fikse FM10 or Profil 10. TIA
Absolutely!

Last edited by sharkster; 10-18-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:49 PM
devious996TT is infamous around these parts
Alex, congrats on your new addition!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks now a Fikse Wheels Dealer