996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Small RPM spike at Idle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 09:37 PM
ritchieswimwear is infamous around these parts
Small RPM spike at Idle

Once in a while at idle I get a small spike in the RPM's and it sometimes sets off my PSM and ABS lights, with a go to Workshop message. When I shut the car off and restart it, it is gone and it might not happen for another week or 2. Does this ring a bell, anyone? Otherwise the car is running great. I just replaced the MAF and have and changed to the EVO dry filter with sock so I do not think it is that. thanks in advance

Old 10-18-2006, 10:21 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
my wifes cayenne gave me a psm code yesterdayi mistook it for a pms code........ took it to the workshop....

Old 10-19-2006, 08:34 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ritchieswimwear
Once in a while at idle I get a small spike in the RPM's and it sometimes sets off my PSM and ABS lights, with a go to Workshop message. When I shut the car off and restart it, it is gone and it might not happen for another week or 2. Does this ring a bell, anyone? Otherwise the car is running great. I just replaced the MAF and have and changed to the EVO dry filter with sock so I do not think it is that. thanks in advance
Durametric Software is a great tool for those of us that need the ability to read and clear codes . It is only a couple hundred dollars and will clear all codes except alarm related issues, even the airbag code can be erased. It will also show pending codes. Sometimes you can check your codes and there will be a pending code that has not set off the CEL. The ECU is waiting for more driving time and/or cycles to decide whether to illuminate the CEL.It is nice to be able to see these pending codes because it could be an erratic sensor getting ready to fail or a one time issue. Kevin

Old 10-19-2006, 10:41 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
All of the TTs have a little spike in idle. Including my new TT. It is just the MAF making corrections in the system. It is normal. They are not smooth at all. If the PSM and ABS is coming on then it is an indication the MAF is going bad or dirty.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:47 AM
ritchieswimwear is infamous around these parts
Improved MAF

Any word on a improved MAF?