996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Want to track my car but worried....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
I bought an old school black bra set for front end (basically hood/fenders) & mirriors. Been working pretty well. The blonde in my Avatar did the same thing w/ her M3 - same good results. You can now pay more money and get the bra set in your car color !!!

Old 10-19-2006, 11:36 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I track my car and yeah there are risks,
first of all, tape the hell out of your car like above.

Remember, the worst could happen; prepare yourself for how that might
play out. Ie. rollover (like at our recent events we had (2) totalled cars
which is very unusual but it happens.
buy track insurance!

Marty K.
Marty,
Any other pics of R.Lewis's car after the roll over?

Old 10-19-2006, 11:40 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Boludo
I really have the bug to track my car but am a bit concerned about all the little rocks and hot rubber flicking up on the car. I take my modded mini cooper s out on the track because I don't worry about it like I do the tt. Last time I was out a little rock cracked my windshield. What do you guys do to be able to track it and protect it from all the crap on the track?
You can put 3M clear all over including the windshields.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:12 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I'm not a big fan of the "blue tape" messes up my track pictures!
I love the clear bra. I run 2 day track events almost monthly. I had many of the same worries but hell I bought the car TO DRIVE IT!!! and to have fun with it. My plan was whatever happens is no big deal I'll just get it fixed!
Not only has that philosophy provided for endless enjoyment but honestly my car has no significant damage at all.
I think a good wax detail before you go is also important to help with rubber and bugs. Also between runs I usually get the big stuff off.
Get a clear bra then go out and enjoy the car, remember that is what it is for!!

Old 10-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Cody_1 is infamous around these parts
Isn't there a "disposable" clear-bra-like product that some use? It isn't custom fit at all. It is just clear celephane-like stuff that you wrap the font of the car in, then can pull it off when you are done. Similar to the tear-away windscreen covers that they use in racing. I've never seen them sold, but have seen that some driving schools use them.

- Rich

Old 10-24-2006, 08:48 PM
nsavastano is infamous around these partsnsavastano is infamous around these parts
If you are worried about it then it's probably not a good idea. If you want to get it out of your system use someone else's car.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:10 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kevin M
Racers tape!

omg I thought I had seen the worst on my friends Z06 but this is mummy wrapped.