996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT700 Kill #1: Mustang Convertible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 12:37 AM
vanboost is infamous around these parts
Talking GT700 Kill #1: Mustang Convertible

Well, it was the wife's birthday tonight so we went out for sushi. We drove The One downtown.

I have to say, the clutch is taking a little getting used to in stop-and-go traffic...a bit of a white-knuckler. It's fairly grabby and abrupt as I previously mentioned. We figured out that in order to operate the Stage III clutch properly, "don't be shy." When it feels like the clutch is chattering or slipping a bit, just swallow hard and let it out. On a normal clutch, any manual-tranny car would probably stall, given how quickly you slip into gear. But the Stage III kinda likes it.

Anyway, on the way home, we loaded onto the freeway and pulled into the left lane just behind a speeding, black, tinted, stickered, convertible, Mustang GT. I waited about a quarter of a mile for the guy to move over, then took the law into my own hands. As soon as I swung right, he gunned it. I was already in Third and put my foot down so to speak.

I was too busy watching us explode past the Stang to notice my wife's squeals and giggles. We went by him so hard, he must have slowed down to about 45mph to totally eliminate the chance of driving anywhere near us. That's an automotive White Flag if I ever saw one!

Giggling myself now, I glanced down at the speedo to see 145 km/h, which at this point feels like we're on depressants it's so slow.

As Sage Sharky had advised, the GT700 system is so robust and linear in its delivery, it's deceptively fast...I was seriously doubting what had just happened until I read the speedo seconds after the roll-on...

Is that Mustang accelerating as hard as it can?
Is everything working or is something wrong?
Why is my wife screaming?
We slowed down about ten seconds ago...and we're still going 145 km/h?

Wonderful stuff. Do I spray-paint a stenciled Mustang on my front fender?

Cheers
VB

Old 10-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Congrats but you need some faster opponents LOL

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-19-2006, 12:49 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
hahahaha ya good work

Old 10-19-2006, 12:51 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Love your write-ups, keep em coming!

Old 10-19-2006, 12:57 AM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
The word deceptively fast is so true with these GT700's, in a blink of an eye you a screaming down the road, I am the same way, huge grin on my face and laughing my head off ...what a rush it is, better than any drug imaginable.

Now go find some a nice Lambo to destroy

Stay safe OK.

Ben

Old 10-19-2006, 01:00 AM
scslite is infamous around these parts
Glad to hear you're enjoying the GT700. I know exactly what you mean about the clutch. I had Sharkwerks put in the stage 3 as well. Takes getting used to in stop and go but gets better as its' broken in.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:01 AM
vanboost is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BigBadBen

Stay safe OK.

Ben
Roger that Ben. To confirm: I did not race the guy, I passed him. I don't condone 200 km/h, 10-minute fights to the death. That's for the track. VB

Old 10-19-2006, 01:07 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Keep on enjoying the car man, must be insane. I expect the next kill story to be a BIKE haha, enjoy and be safe!

Old 10-19-2006, 01:28 AM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
Great story VB!!! Keep em coming, just make sure to find more appropriate opponents!

Old 10-19-2006, 03:18 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by exoticalex
Great story VB!!! Keep em coming, just make sure to find more appropriate opponents!
David vs Goliath

Old 10-19-2006, 03:27 AM
TechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Vanboost is the car aesthetically stock? I think in a way a visually stock GT700 is just so cool, most car guys will know the output of a stock TT, and with yours looking stock; little do they know the hell that can be unleashed with a blip of your right foot haha.

-Markus-

Old 10-19-2006, 08:18 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
talk about picking on the weak...

I was returning from track day (a month ago) with my Hoosier R6's still on
and some large Doe-Doe in an old trans-am challenged me;
he almost got upside down when I went around my local entrance ramp at
70 mph.

MK

Old 10-19-2006, 11:25 AM
MikeR is infamous around these parts
VB, your posts are so entertaining. Need to look for a lambo to pass, next.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:44 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
talk about picking on the weak...

I was returning from track day (a month ago) with my Hoosier R6's still on
and some large Doe-Doe in an old trans-am challenged me;
he almost got upside down when I went around my local entrance ramp at
70 mph.

MK
LOL good one man... I bet he was still spinning trying to turn

Old 10-19-2006, 05:44 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
trans am 70 series tires bent over on the rims !! LOL !!

it is so cruel to prey on the weak but sometimes you just have to

"school em"...

MK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT700 Kill #1: Mustang Convertible